POST YOUR SCHEDUALS

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Block A: Art/ Gym

Block B: Biology Honors

Period 5: French 2

Period 6: Lunch

Period 7: Latin 1

Period 8: English 9H

Block C: Geometry H/ Global History H

Block D: Global History H/ Free Period

9th Grade :)

My schedule... It's not the best, I'm just proud of myself that I made it so far.

Semester 1

Period 1 & 2: Geometry

Period 3 & 4: Biology Part 2

Period 5: Music Appreciation

Period 6: US History

Period 7: Spanish 1 CP

Semester 2

Period 1 & 2: English 3

Period 3 & 4: Chemistry

Period 5: Drama

Period 6: US History

Period 7: Spanish 1 CP

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop whining.
You should feel lucky to take another language, especially Spanish. It's the second most spoken language in America. Travel to Spain or Mexico, you'll have an amazing time since you'll know the language.

And don't be rude about 'illegal immigrants'. That's horrible. They have nothing to do with Spanish in schools. It's because of Spanish influence back when the Spanish Empire had rule over South America, the Carribean and Mexico. And they had alot of America, more than England did. What Spain owned was everything beyond Louisiana.

Illegal immigrants have nothing to do with Spanish in America. It's Spains history with the USA that is the reason you take Spanish.
No one said I was whining. I was just really upset. I still AM upset. I wanted to be able to choose to take classes that interest me, which is what exploratories were for.

I was never bashing illegal immigrants. They even said in the letter they sent home

"Blah blah blah will open up new opportunities in jobs later on, especially now that there are so many Spanish speaking people," or something like that.

Neither of my parents had to take Spanish when they were in school. It wasn't an option. They had to take Latin. My mom went to the same school I'm going to now. The reason they're offering it now is because OF ALL THE SPANISH SPEAKING PEOPLE. It has nothing to do with whatever history that happened however many hundreds of years ago.

Latin Class died (at least where I live) because nobody spoke it, because it was old. We still learn about how words are based off Latin terms, but there's no class any more because hardly anyone speaks it and learning it is useless nowadays.

Learning a foreign language is boring to me. It's not something I find interesting, which is what exploratories are supposed to be about. It has nothing to do with what I want to do when I eventually have to get a job (yes, I'm aware most people have jobs they don't want to do).

Graphic design, now THAT'S something interesting. I've never learned how to photoshop anything or invert colors or whatever else you can do. It's absolutely FASCINATING, and it hits me in just the right place between my love of art and my love of the computer. It's something I'd enjoy doing, I know it. I gave Spanish class a chance all last year, and I still don't like it.

One last thing. What's so "horrible" about disliking that people sneak illegally into our country and don't belong here?

Edit: Saw another reply.

If you are so opposed to taking Spanish, then why don't you just go see your counselor and get switched to something you actually want to take?  :furawatchi:
Simple. I'm not allowed to.

^That's unfair. And I agree, it is most certainly NOT horrible to dislike illegal immigrants. They have no business being here. And if they ARE going to come here, they should at least learn how to speak English. So anyway, just try to tough through Spanish, try to do well. Maybe you can take a class you like next year?

Period 1; Spanish 2

Period 2; Adv. Algebra 2

Period 3; STUDY HALL !!

Period 4; Modern World History

Period 5; Chorus <33

Period 6; AP English 10

Period 7; Biology

I'm so glad I have a study hall this year.

Oh, I'm in 10th grade, by the way.

No one said I was whining. I was just really upset. I still AM upset. I wanted to be able to choose to take classes that interest me, which is what exploratories were for.
I was never bashing illegal immigrants. They even said in the letter they sent home

"Blah blah blah will open up new opportunities in jobs later on, especially now that there are so many Spanish speaking people," or something like that.

Neither of my parents had to take Spanish when they were in school. It wasn't an option. They had to take Latin. My mom went to the same school I'm going to now. The reason they're offering it now is because OF ALL THE SPANISH SPEAKING PEOPLE. It has nothing to do with whatever history that happened however many hundreds of years ago.

Latin Class died (at least where I live) because nobody spoke it, because it was old. We still learn about how words are based off Latin terms, but there's no class any more because hardly anyone speaks it and learning it is useless nowadays.

Learning a foreign language is boring to me. It's not something I find interesting, which is what exploratories are supposed to be about. It has nothing to do with what I want to do when I eventually have to get a job (yes, I'm aware most people have jobs they don't want to do).

Graphic design, now THAT'S something interesting. I've never learned how to photoshop anything or invert colors or whatever else you can do. It's absolutely FASCINATING, and it hits me in just the right place between my love of art and my love of the computer. It's something I'd enjoy doing, I know it. I gave Spanish class a chance all last year, and I still don't like it.

One last thing. What's so "horrible" about disliking that people sneak illegally into our country and don't belong here?
-sigh- You don't seem to get it.

Spanish is spoken exactly because of history. /Yes/, immigrants have something to do with it. Illegal or not, the people have a reflection of the language spoken in a country.

America's history with Spain has to do with Spainish in the states. Same with Canada's history with France has to do with French spoken in Canada. You're right when you say illegal immirgants -- no, just Spaniards/Mexicans/Hispanics in general -- have to do with the language, but Spain's history with America has more to do with it than just people crossing a border. It's more serious than 'skip a fence, get your language in your new country'.

Latin is dead, yes. I won't disagree with you there. Still a ncie langauge to learn, especially if you are going to pursue singing in opera. Singing an opera-esque Latin song would be lovely.

I have nothing to say about Graphic design. That's a really cool class, I will also agree there.

What's so horrible? They do so belong in America. They want a life. They don't get a good option to get a passport and fly across. They want a better life. They need it. Mexico is an amazing country, but compared to America, it's rather poor. So the people want to cross the border to find a better life in America, at least get a job that isn't so back breaking. It's arrogant people like you who think they should get out of the states that makes the sterotype "America is for Americans" stronger. You are arrogant and need to stop being so narrow minded. If they did it legally, would you care? Or would you say "immigrants steal our jobs!"

Sorry, ma'am, did you want to run a dollar store?

It's ignorant. Thats what.

They wouldn't be there if they're "illegal". They're just trying to have a better life than compared to what they used to have back where they came from.

If you dislike them, Keep what you think of them to yourself.

Thanks.

^That's unfair. And I agree, it is most certainly NOT horrible to dislike illegal immigrants. They have no business being here. And if they ARE going to come here, they should at least learn how to speak English. So anyway, just try to tough through Spanish, try to do well. Maybe you can take a class you like next year?
Illegal immigrants, a lot of the time, have a dxmn good reason for leaving their country. Why would they go to a strange land with an even stranger language if not? English is extremely difficult to learn, and often illegal immigrants have to leave at short notice so they won't have time to learn more than very basic English, especially since they'll most likely be too poor to afford lessons.

If, like TK said to Girlzrule, you're going to say something along the lines of, "They take our jobs!" think again. How many Americans would want a crappy, often tiring job with ridiculously long hours and a low pay? That's the only kind of job most illegal immigrants can get, especially if their English is bad, because they don't have any proper papers or anything. Well, that's in the UK, anyway. I'm not sure about America and Canada so you can disregard that part if I'm wrong.

Besides, no illegal immigrants, no tacos.

EDIT: My schedule for today (Tuesday):

Business Studies

Personal and Social Education

Religious, Moral and Philosophical Education

Maths

Chemistry

History

1st Period: Science

2nd Period: Business Typing

3rd Period: Lunch/Research

4th Period: Advance Language Arts

5th Period: Gym

6th Period: Orchestra (Violin baby BD)

7th Period: Advanced Math

8th Period: Advanced Geography

Typing and English are by far the best classes this year.

Junior year schedule:

1. Tech Theatre II

2. Regs Precalc

3. French III Honors

A Lunch. (And I get 50 minutes this year! AMAZING!)

4. Newspaper! <3

5/6. AMSTUD (Basically AP US History & AP Language blended together into a class called American Studies. I hear it's harder than taking them separately but whatever.)

7. Physics Honors

and then I'm probably going to take Health over e-school through the course of the year.

Unfortunately I don't get my schedule until I actually start school.

But what I do know is that I have 8 periods a day which last 40mins each

All together this year I will have around 13 subjects and about 5-6 lessons a day.

Finally got my schedule : )

Day 1

PE 8

English 8

Math 8/9

Art : Foundations 8

Day 2

Sciences Naturelles 8

Term 1 - Tech / Term 2 - Business / Term 3 - Home ec

Humanites 8 [Two blocks]

9th grade.
1. Art 1/Studio

2. AP Geometry

3. AP Biology

4. Spanish 2

5. English

6. Study Hall/Lunch

7. Girl's PE/Study Hall

8. Global History & Geography 1

9. Biology Lab/Study Hall

They forgot to add my TV Production class to my schedule so I have to get that changed. That class will probably take the place of one of my study halls.
Okay, I got my schedule changed yesterday. Turns out I can't take TV Production because it would have to be first period and that's when I have Art. I'm not giving up Art, so I decided to take Computer Applications, which is a full year, full credit class so in the end it ended up working out better because I'll have more credits than I would have if I had taken TV Production. Anyway, here's my new schedule.

1. Art 1/Studio

3. AP Geometry

3. AP Biology

4. Spanish 2

5. English

6. Study Hall / Lunch

7. Computer Applications

8. Global History & Geography 1

9. Biology Lab / Girls PE / Study Hall

Finally got mine at orientation today.

1. Earth Science

2. French 1

3. English 1 honors

4. Health Ed

5. P.E.

6. Geometry

first semester:

english 4

math models

chemistry

economics

health

fasion design

revoery lab

second semester:

english 4

math models

chemistry

economics

child development

fasion design

small animal management

It's ignorant. Thats what.

They wouldn't be there if they're "illegal". They're just trying to have a better life than compared to what they used to have back where they came from.

Thanks.

This is the only time I'm going to argue this. I don't want to rear too far off topic, but I wanted to say something.

There is a right and a wrong way to do things. But illegal immigrants have done something, well, illegal. And breaking the law, in any sense, is NOT okay. If a poor person robs a bank because they're "trying to have a better life" that doesn't make it okay. They still stole someone else's money. Just because immigrants want to have a better life doesn't mean they have to sneak across the border. They'll create an even better life for themselves by getting legal citizenship. This way they won't have to sneak around, and they'll be able to find better jobs because they're actually citizens of the United States. I get that it takes a while to be granted full citizenship, but everyone has to obey the law, no matter what.

It's ignorant. Thats what.They wouldn't be there if they're "illegal". They're just trying to have a better life than compared to what they used to have back where they came from.

Thanks.
This is the only time I'm going to argue this. I don't want to rear too far off topic, but I wanted to say something.

There is a right and a wrong way to do things. But illegal immigrants have done something, well, illegal. And breaking the law, in any sense, is NOT okay. If a poor person robs a bank because they're "trying to have a better life" that doesn't make it okay. They still stole someone else's money. Just because immigrants want to have a better life doesn't mean they have to sneak across the border. They'll create an even better life for themselves by getting legal citizenship. This way they won't have to sneak around, and they'll be able to find better jobs because they're actually citizens of the United States. I get that it takes a while to be granted full citizenship, but everyone has to obey the law, no matter what.

I 100% agree. I don't understand why the word illegal means nothing to anyone for this matter.

On topic: I wish I didn't have French everyday this year. French class makes me sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back