Pro Choice or Pro Life?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel as if I've already replied to this topic.

But yeah--Pro-Choice.

I feel that if I want, I should be allowed to have an abortion. What if the condom breaks? Then what---should you still have to have the child even though you took the precautions?

But all what if's aside--I think that abortion should definitely be an option.

I don't see how anyone can justify murdering innocent children. I just can't. Nothing should justify the murdering of innocent people for any reason. These are living human beings and women are legally allowed to murder them behind sterile closed doors. And people seem to justify that by saying that it's the woman's body.

No it's not. Her body is not the thing that is being murdered, it's the child's. And she shouldn't have the choice to murder her unborn child, just like I don't get the choice to murder your mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's extremely cruel. It's. A. Living. Thing. MURDERER.
How could you not feel guilty if you KILLED an adorable baby who could have grown up into the president, or a celebrity or anything. Everyone should have a chance to live.

If you find it 'alright' or 'okay' to kill children, don't rant to me about it.
I <3 you.

I feel as if I've already replied to this topic.But yeah--Pro-Choice.

I feel that if I want, I should be allowed to have an abortion. What if the condom breaks? Then what---should you still have to have the child even though you took the precautions?

But all what if's aside--I think that abortion should definitely be an option.
Agreed.

Pro-choice doesn't equal Pro-murder. Sometimes someone can't afford to have a kid, even after taking all of the precautions. Why bring a child into the world when they're just going to be in pain, go to an orphanage, or anything along those lines? I don't think it's right to get an abortion just because you're not mature enough, but it you got raped, the condom broke, etc, I think you should have that choice.

Imagine if no one ever had an abortion.

Imagine how big the worlds population would get.

We already have a huge population.

I'm not saying "Get an abortion and keep our population down" but what use is it having unwanted children taking up space and resources.

For every 3 births today there was one abortion [On average] And a population growth of about 170,300.

Imagine if all those women had kept their child. It would speed up population growth by lots.

Watch the numbers rise -

https://www.peterrussell.com/Odds/WorldClock.php

I don't see how anyone can justify murdering innocent children. I just can't. Nothing should justify the murdering of innocent people for any reason. These are living human beings and women are legally allowed to murder them behind sterile closed doors. And people seem to justify that by saying that it's the woman's body.
No it's not. Her body is not the thing that is being murdered, it's the child's. And she shouldn't have the choice to murder her unborn child, just like I don't get the choice to murder your mother.
Agreed 100%.

I think it's extremely cruel. It's. A. Living. Thing. MURDERER.
How could you not feel guilty if you KILLED an adorable baby who could have grown up into the president, or a celebrity or anything. Everyone should have a chance to live.

If you find it 'alright' or 'okay' to kill children, don't rant to me about it.
Agreed 100%.

Imagine if no one ever had an abortion.

Imagine how big the worlds population would get.

We already have a huge population.

I'm not saying "Get an abortion and keep our population down" but what use is it having unwanted children taking up space and resources.

For every 3 births today there was one abortion [On average] And a population growth of about 170,300.

Imagine if all those women had kept their child. It would speed up population growth by lots.

Watch the numbers rise -

https://www.peterrussell.com/Odds/WorldClock.php
(Nothing personal Michelle, I may get emotional and ranty, but that's just my opinion. So don't be personally offended or anything. xD)

Seriously? You're justifying a murder because it's helping to control the population? What if YOU were aborted? And no one cared? And everyone said, "Well, that's one less baby we'll have to deal with, one less mouth we'll have to feed, one less waste of space on this Earth." That is completely degrading to the value of life. Do you realize how special life even is? It's a gift, and you're taking that away from somebody. That child is never going to know love, or the warmth of the sun, or the pleasures of ANYTHING because YOU took that away from them.

... I'm at a loss for words to express my emotions right now.

After reading a lot of these posts, my mind is starting to think more pro-lifey. I mean, having an abortion just because you don't want the baby or you are unable to raise the child, I don't think that's a good reason to kill it. If you don't want the kid, just put it up for adoption. Give the child to someone who actually wants a child, but is unable to have one. I think abortion would be okay if both the baby and the mother are at risk of dying.

Agreed.
Pro-choice doesn't equal Pro-murder. Sometimes someone can't afford to have a kid, even after taking all of the precautions. Why bring a child into the world when they're just going to be in pain, go to an orphanage, or anything along those lines? I don't think it's right to get an abortion just because you're not mature enough, but it you got raped, the condom broke, etc, I think you should have that choice.
Actually, being Pro-Choice IS being "Pro-murder". It means that you think that a person should have the legally protected right and CHOICE to MURDER their child.

Okay, how much sense does that make? "Oh, I don't want my child to be in pain, so I'll just kill it." Do you realize how stupidly ignorant that sounds?

After reading a lot of these posts, my mind is starting to think more pro-lifey. I mean, having an abortion just because you don't want the baby or you are unable to raise the child, I don't think that's a good reason to kill it. If you don't want the kid, just put it up for adoption. Give the child to someone who actually wants a child, but is unable to have one. I think abortion would be okay if both the baby and the mother are at risk of dying.
Most people don't realize that if abortion were to be made illegal that women under those circumstances will be allowed to do that. But that is only because TWO lives are at stake, and only one can be saved. It's something that must be done to save ANOTHER life, not take one because it's an inconvenience.

Exactly

Think how many couples are unable to have children. Maybe because of an injury, infertility ect. Don't you think it would be much more sensible to give your baby to one of those couples, instead of killing it?

Yeah, but look how much an adoption will cost. People who cannot have kids have to shell out tons of money for the mother's doctor, hospital, and lawyer. If people who can have kids were screened before they had kids about their employment, how much money they made, where they live, their lifestyle, etc., most prospective parents would FAIL!!! I work for one of the poorest school districts in the state, and a lot of the kids have to wear their SCHOOL UNIFORMS on the weekends because their parents can't afford to buy the kids "regular" clothes. Most of them can't feed their kids properly. What kind of life is that? And the kids will just think that this type of life is normal and it passes on from one generation to the next. It's a never-ending cycle.

So do you think that a mother should have the right kill her two year old because of financial difficulty?

So do you think that a mother should have the right kill her two year old because of financial difficulty?
Where'd you get killing a two year old from? o.o;

I haven't seen(could have missed) anything about ridding already-born children.

I was trying to make a point. Magicboa is basically saying that she thinks that it's acceptable to kill unborn children because the parent won't be able to give it a "good life".

But I'm thinking that if we used her view on this why shouldn't we be able to kill any kid at any age or stage of development that isn't living a "good life". According to Magicboa's reasoning, we'd be doing them a favor by putting them out of their "misery". :(

I was trying to make a point. Magicboa is basically saying that she thinks that it's acceptable to kill unborn children because the parent won't be able to give it a "good life".
But I'm thinking that if we used her view on this why shouldn't we be able to kill any kid at any age or stage of development that isn't living a "good life". According to Magicboa's reasoning, we'd be doing them a favor by putting them out of their "misery". :(
I think what she more meant is if you're not in a stable situation(financially, emotionally, etc.) you shouldn't be having kids in the first place.

Fairly sure she's not condoning murder of already-born kids.

I'm not saying that she's condoning murder of already-born kids. I'm saying that she's condoning the murder of kids who aren't already born but deserve to live.

I already posted, but I'm going to 'refresh' my opinion.

From a lot of the posts, people think abortion is just cold murder. But the mothers had a REASON to abort. What if the mother had a life threatening disease? What if you were still in high school and couldn't provide for the baby? Would you just risk your own life? I understand the baby is a person too, but would you risk yourself for it? Alot of the mothers that aborted had a reason, and didn't just do it because they didn't want the baby anymore.

So As you can see, I'm pro choice. I think a mother could do what she wants with her baby. Although I do think abortion is the last resort, and wouldn't really reccommend it in the first place.

Pro-life.

I'm not extremely passionate about this subject, but I don't think it's fair to have an abortion because you didn't want a child. :/

There are plenty of couples in the world who would give almost anything for a child, and you kill your own when it could be happier with loving guardians?

I can sort of understand when you're a lot younger (say between 12-16), and it was an accident - your body wouldn't be able to handle giving birth to a baby, as you would still be growing (generally).

But I don't like the fact that you're killing your own child. P: An innocent life who could have turned out to be anyone, as I think Kyrstal said?

And I agree 100% with Katie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back