(Rumor) Color Tamagotchi US release?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike when the Power Rangers 20th happened, the Power Rangers 25th won't get in the way of whatever Tamagotchi plans Bandai America may have this time. There won't be an anniversary season this time, because it will be the "Super" season for Ninja Steel which starts next year. They won't be able to start an anniversary half-way through, not after they tried to do a hybrid season with Megaforce / Super Megaforce only for it to blow up in their face. Even the Power Rangers fans hated said series, and that tells the whole story.

Short version - If Bandai America has plans for the Tamagotchi 20th, then we're in the clear and those plans will come to light as long as the retailers stop being stubborn about it. Therefore, I'm not worried right now. :)
2016 isn't over yet, so there's still a chance of them releasing one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, and also why I pointed out the reasons why Bandai America legit cannot do anything super huge for the Power Rangers 25th in 2018. Even Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, the Japanese series that Ninja Steel will be based on, is not considered an anniversary season for the Super Sentai franchise. The only way they can do something for the PR 25th is if Saban does another hybrid season, and given how badly that blew up in their face last time, there's no way they'll even THINK of REMOTELY trying it again. It was that bad.

So yeah, we're in the clear as far as the Tamagotchi 20th goes, and who knows, we'll likely get something for the Digimon 20th in 2017 as well. :) We're definitely getting something before the year ends unless the retailers don't wise up, and as I said, that wouldn't be BoA's fault.

I really hope that Bandai will release the coloured tamagotchi soon. It is already halfway through the year and still it hasn't been released! I just hope it will not be released too close to Christmas, otherwise there won't be time for the price of it in the shops to go down...

Agreed, and also why I pointed out the reasons why Bandai America legit cannot do anything super huge for the Power Rangers 25th in 2018. Even Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, the Japanese series that Ninja Steel will be based on, is not considered an anniversary season for the Super Sentai franchise. The only way they can do something for the PR 25th is if Saban does another hybrid season, and given how badly that blew up in their face last time, there's no way they'll even THINK of REMOTELY trying it again. It was that bad.

So yeah, we're in the clear as far as the Tamagotchi 20th goes, and who knows, we'll likely get something for the Digimon 20th in 2017 as well. :) We're definitely getting something before the year ends unless the retailers don't wise up, and as I said, that wouldn't be BoA's fault.
As far as I'm concerned, they're probably planning on releasing color Tamagotchis in the fall or next year. More likely next year because BANDAI said that they have no plans for a color Tamagotchi, yet...

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting your post, but the USA 20th anniversary for Tamagotchi will be next year in 2017, so if Bandai America were going to introduce a commemorative version it would probably be next year instead.

It would make ALOT of sense to plan something for the 20th anniversary, but with the digimon anniversary also in 2017 as mentioned. Maybe, just maybe they would decide to release something later this year. But they could share 2017 and do something for both anniversaries.

I'd be fine if they made an actual tamagotchi game for the 3DS or something. Not like the connection shop things, but an actual tamagotchi. Now that the systems have realtime clocks, they don't have to worry about the issues they had with the GB/GBC variants back in the day. (And this will be better for the long-run since phones are constantly updating and breaking old apps. They don't need to keep updating the software.)

That being said, I think a color release of tamagotchi is more likely. I'll hold out for one, anyway.

My guess is that BANDAI America wants to have independent products instead of sharing them. :V
Possibly, or that BANDAI Japan doesn't want to share. But if BANDAI Japan WOULD like to share, I think it might be a little more cost-effective to just translate one of their versions to English, instead of making an entirely new color tamagotchi. Then again, I know nothing about how much it costs to translate versus make something new.

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting your post, but the USA 20th anniversary for Tamagotchi will be next year in 2017, so if Bandai America were going to introduce a commemorative version it would probably be next year instead.
If that's true, then that means we'll have to wait another year for a new Tamagotchi. But in the meantime there is a new Tamagotchi that's releasing next month!

If that's true, then that means we'll have to wait another year for a new Tamagotchi. But in the meantime there is a new Tamagotchi that's releasing next month!
you meant to m!x?

you meant to m!x?
Yep! Don't know if I'll wanna get one, though... Maybe when Mr.Blinky makes an English patch for the M!X. 0:

Besides that....Maybe we should speak up to BANDAI Japan that we want a color release? Dunno if that'll work, though. The chances of that are probably low because of what happened the first time someone tried to do that...

Yes, I'm talking about that petition about to BANDAI America to bring color tamas to the US.

I'd be fine if they made an actual tamagotchi game for the 3DS or something.
i really hope they dont go that route, then you can only play it when the 3ds is on, and the batteries die on mine super quick! and that leaves out the fans that don't even have a 3ds. the fun of tamagotchis for me is having a constant companion wherever i go, but its hard to have that with the 3ds being as big as it is and having to open it up, seems like way too many inconveniences to me. they might have better luck on the phone app idea because most people bring their phone everywhere (most people have iphones and androids and stuff now) and they can give you notifications if your tama needs something, i remember they used to have a devilgotchi app. not sure is they have it anymore or how well it did..

Yeah $40-$50 is cheap IMO but some children's parents may not feel the same way XDWonder if they'll keep using Yume Kira Dream characters or if they will use Miracle Friends characters like Miraitchi and Clulutchi, Smartotchi, and Candy Pakupaku.
like my parents lels. or anyone around me would judge me for spending my money on tamagotchi. what a lovely life it is

40$ is how much Monster High dolls cost in my country, while I do collect them I think getting a toy electronic for this price is more worth it than a playline doll.

Well, It's December now and there's still no news on if they're actually going to release a color Tamagotchi to the US. Maybe they're planning on releasing one for next year? Would make sense because the US anniversary of Tamagotchi is next year so...Yeah.

Well, It's December now and there's still no news on if they're actually going to release a color Tamagotchi to the US. Maybe they're planning on releasing one for next year? Would make sense because the US anniversary of Tamagotchi is next year so...Yeah.
That's what I realized... Bandai Japan has already released a tama for their 20th and next year, I think Bandai U.S. will follow.

I don't think it will be in color, but I will probably purchase one regardless. As long as they advertise it with the word nostalgic and sell it at common stores like Walmart, target, and toys r us, they'll be customers for sure.

B.N.H. has a good amount of recognition *cough cough* yellow things eating dots *cough cough* so I'm sure they'll get a new tama in stores. Eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back