(Rumor) Color Tamagotchi US release?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a new release. It wouldn't be practical for a company as big as Bandai to pour out info I guess. It hasn't been even half of 2016, so I'd probably hold off from inquiring them about anything related to the new release for now.

That is very true as well. I'm estimating, that it would release near tamagotchi's birthday as well, so.. Still a lot of time to wait haha xwx;

I emailed Bandai about this, and they responded:

Bandai America Inc. appreciates your support of Tamaotchi.

As of this writing we have no details on a release of a color version of the digital device.

You may stay posted to www.bandai.com where we do continually refresh our products pages to check for any information that may get updated within the year.

Thank You,

Bandai Costumer Service

So to me, it sounds like they are planning something, but they obviously are not going to release it for a while. Hopefully the release is still scheduled for 2016. It also sounds like they definitely have not given up on Tamagotchis in America. I really hope this release is worth the wait!!

Yeah it does sound like they've taken the idea into consideration. All I can say is, hopefully soon.

I guess they gave up or the FaceBook rep was wrong.

One of my other friends emailed them as well and told me about the response -

OK, so here's what I wrote:
"Hey, Bandai America. Any Plans to commemorate Tamagotchi's 20th anniversary this year? Like, maybe a colorized successor to Tamagotchi Friends or a full dub of the anime or something like that?"

Here's what they wrote back:
"Bandai America Inc. appreciates your support of Tamagotchi but as of this writing there are no plans for a color version or other specialized version Tamagotchi release. Apologies, Bandai Customer Service."

I guess they gave up or the FaceBook rep was wrong.

One of my other friends emailed them as well and told me about the response -

OK, so here's what I wrote:

"Hey, Bandai America. Any Plans to commemorate Tamagotchi's 20th anniversary this year? Like, maybe a colorized successor to Tamagotchi Friends or a full dub of the anime or something like that?"

Here's what they wrote back:

"Bandai America Inc. appreciates your support of Tamagotchi but as of this writing there are no plans for a color version or other specialized version Tamagotchi release. Apologies, Bandai Customer Service."
Well then, it looks like I'm DONE with Bandai America. They skipped the Tamagotchi 15th Anniversary because of the Power Rangers 20th, but this year they do NOT have another anniversary to use as a scapegoat. The fact that they're gimping out when there's no good reason for it tells me one thing... they just don't care about us any more.

They gave us two versions of the Tamagotchi Friends last year, but skipping a major anniversary after they already skipped the previous one just means they put out some VERY big bait and we all fell for it, hook line and sinker. :(

And with that... *Puts on sunglasses* Come on, Bandai Japan. Impress us. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why they don't want to bring a colored version to the US.

It just seems a generally better idea to me to make the toy in color. Kids these days would be more likely to go for the Japanese's pastels than for plain ol' black and white. Yes, it would cost more, but I'm sure it would draw in more potential buyers as well.

It just seems a generally better idea to me to make the toy in color. Kids these days would be more likely to go for the Japanese's pastels than for plain ol' black and white. Yes, it would cost more, but I'm sure it would draw in more potential buyers as well.
My guess is that BANDAI America wants to have independent products instead of sharing them. :V

With the size scale of tamagotchis now, they tend to look more appealing in colour. It'd definitely bring in more potential buyers.

My guess is that BANDAI America wants to have independent products instead of sharing them. :V
That makes sense, but they could consider the success of tamagotchis in Japan, and how they're in colour.

The reason is due to cost effectiveness. They want to make profit by any means necessary and are scared that spending so much on production and advertising of a colour tamagotchi, only for it to not sell would be a huge blow for the company and loss of profit. Which is why the tamagotchi friends was their way of market testing however, their marketing department and whomever they have running have absolutely no clue how to advertise toys by the looks of things and is scared out of their mind to take a risk and see if they sell. Sales would be fine it's just the company is afraid they won't do well.

They're still being sold in japan however because bandai japan's budget and sales targets are significantly lower so there is less risk in still producing the tamagotchi brand. We're talking bandai selling toys for japan versus bandai America selling toys for the rest of the world which do you think would cost more?

It might also be that Bandai's customer service is not allowed to talk about the new tamagotchi. One might be planned, but the customer support might be told to answer all questions about it with a no or "we have nothing planned."

*Takes a deep breath* You know, now that I've had the time to sit down and think about it, this confusing situation save for the bad PR stuff actually isn't Bandai America's fault. This is more because of the retailers. Think about it. They tried to give us a good version with the Tamagotchi Friends and its Dream Town Edition, and many of those who managed to get one or both have said some good things about it. But when the latter ends up available only at Hot Topic which severely limits its availability, that screams that the stores don't want anything to do with Tamagotchi no matter how hard Bandai America is trying to give us another one. That, and because Bandai America can't do ANYTHING for the Power Rangers 25th in 2018. Mostly because Nickelodeon's contract forcing every iteration of Power Rangers to last for two years / seasons and everything from the original MMPR already being remade into new releases. And here's the even bigger kicker. Unlike the PR 20th when they started a new series, the next series which begins in 2017 will still be going for the PR 25th, which means no anniversary season there this time.

Bottom line, all anniversary based efforts by Bandai America right now seem to be aimed at the Tamagotchi 20th this year and the Digimon 20th next year, just as Bandai Japan's is (Among too many others to count this year). Heck, Bandai Japan is even doing the Digimon 20th stuff a year early as there's a new series being revealed on June 9th. Therefore, we're very likely getting something from one, the other, or even both given the completely inescapable situation they're in with Power Rangers not being able to get a huge anniversary blowout for its 25th and Bandai America not having any other toylines that warrant such a huge blowout. How we get this new Tamagotchi remains to be seen, but I am 85% sure that we will be getting one, whether in stores or via online order only.

Hopefully, if they do decide to go with a color screened tamagotchi, that retailers will be impressed and want to stock and promote it, I hope!

It might also be that Bandai's customer service is not allowed to talk about the new tamagotchi. One might be planned, but the customer support might be told to answer all questions about it with a no or "we have nothing planned."
I hope this is true.

Since it is now clear that there are no future releases; I will modify the title of the topic to make it sound less misleading.

Always be careful when posting second-hand speculations - provide a valid source of information if possible. We want to try avoiding disappointing everyone when a speculation (he-said-she-said) turns out to be false later on.

I really hope that the Power Rangers franchise won't get in the way of them planning a new Tamagotchi, but if it does we'll at least know that BANDAI Japan still depends on the Tamagotchi franchise. :)

I do believe, somewhere in my heart, that they will make an international (or at least US) release of a colour tamagotchi.

I really hope that the Power Rangers franchise won't get in the way of them planning a new Tamagotchi, but if it does we'll at least know that BANDAI Japan still depends on the Tamagotchi franchise. :)
Unlike when the Power Rangers 20th happened, the Power Rangers 25th won't get in the way of whatever Tamagotchi plans Bandai America may have this time. There won't be an anniversary season this time, because it will be the "Super" season for Ninja Steel which starts next year. They won't be able to start an anniversary half-way through, not after they tried to do a hybrid season with Megaforce / Super Megaforce only for it to blow up in their face. Even the Power Rangers fans hated said series, and that tells the whole story.

Short version - If Bandai America has plans for the Tamagotchi 20th, then we're in the clear and those plans will come to light as long as the retailers stop being stubborn about it. Therefore, I'm not worried right now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back