(Rumor) Color Tamagotchi US release?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bandai America has apparently taken the idea into consideration (of making it gender-neutral) but I think they'll continue to market it towards girls just like Bandai Japan does. I think it's better that way because the concept of a virtual pet with shiny-eyed fluffy creatures is girly on its own.

As long as they do have a pink shell design I'll be happy, because I collect all my tamagotchi in pink shell.

Yay I have been waiting so long for this I just bought a 4U and IDL And another 4U which I got for free :D I wonder If they will ever open up tamatown again what do you guys think?

Yay I have been waiting so long for this I just bought a 4U and IDL And another 4U which I got for free :D I wonder If they will ever open up tamatown again what do you guys think?
I wish they'd do, but I highly doubt they'd bring TamaTown back up. TamaTown was specifically designed for the Connection series. If they continue to use Dream Town characters, then they'll possibly make a Dream Town-like website. The possibility of them making a website with the toy interaction isn't far fetched but I don't know the likeliness that they will. Bandai should try making an app instead, IMO. They're more accessible since almost everyone's got a smart phone nowadays. We'll never know 'till Bandai says anything about it though.

BRING BACK TAMATOWN (and Connection characters) PETITION PLEASE.

If they did actually revive the franchise here in the U.S. with a new color screen Tamagotchi, you can easily bet they'll have a surge of both adult and younger buyers, similar to what happened to My Little Pony. Heck, I was feeling nostalgic and on a whim just bought an iD L, expecting to never see anything like it for sale in actual U.S. stores. I would be waiting outside Toys R Us before they opened if they did a new release here!!

Seriously tamas were a thing for 2 days in Australia. I don't wanna pay $15 shipping from the us, so they better bring it here.

Seriously tamas were a thing for 2 days in Australia. I don't wanna pay $15 shipping from the us, so they better bring it here.
I messaged tamagotchi friends bandai United States and they said this will only be available in the U.S. and not released anywhere else according what they had said to me.

Why doesn't bandai make an app that connects to the tamagotchi if they do that wouldn't it make tamagotchis more popular do to the fact all kids these days have some type of tablet

Bring it on. I loved my P's. If they released an English color Tama I'd buy several.

Why doesn't bandai make an app that connects to the tamagotchi if they do that wouldn't it make tamagotchis more popular do to the fact all kids these days have some type of tablet
I think more than likely Bandai will create an app similar to the one used for the 4Us. I think the only issue is that a huge number of people in the US (like myself), have iphones where the compatibility with tamagotchis like the 4Us would not be possible. With NFC being the dominating tech for tamagotchis the issue of introducing downloadable content would be a problem. In the app they might have to offer code based items along with the ability of using NFC.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is good news for those who've been wanting a tamagotchi colour in english, whove not been abke to grab the id l e from ebay :p

But anywho, even though I dont live in the US, I live pretty close to it (CAN) so I do hope they ship some to our country and our retail stores, like they did with the tamagotchi friends at Toys R Us !

I wonder what the price range will be though...

I think more than likely Bandai will create an app similar to the one used for the 4Us. I think the only issue is that a huge number of people in the US (like myself), have iphones where the compatibility with tamagotchis like the 4Us would not be possible. With NFC being the dominating tech for tamagotchis the issue of introducing downloadable content would be a problem. In the app they might have to offer code based items along with the ability of using NFC.
Could it be possible to have blue tooth

This is good news for those who've been wanting a tamagotchi colour in english, whove not been abke to grab the id l e from ebay :p

But anywho, even though I dont live in the US, I live pretty close to it (CAN) so I do hope they ship some to our country and our retail stores, like they did with the tamagotchi friends at Toys R Us !

I wonder what the price range will be though...
Hopefully not expensive but, I'd most likely buy it regardless

Honestly they should of repackage the idl or 4u and patch it with an English file. Would be easier than building a new one from scratch. Hey I'm just a consumer what would I know.

Hopefully not expensive but, I'd most likely buy it regardless
The DLC will be easy apple would give bandai Inc access to its nfc module in the iPhone 6 and soon 6s though they could also do a nfc pad you connect via blue tooth

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly they should of repackage the idl or 4u and patch it with an English file. Would be easier than building a new one from scratch. Hey I'm just a consumer what would I know.

The DLC will be easy apple would give bandai Inc access to its nfc module in the iPhone 6 and soon 6s though they could also do a nfc pad you connect via blue tooth
Only thing is the iphone 6 nfc capability is short from anything from functioning. I'm a huge apple fan and boyfriend as well, having iphone 6 plus, he always complains how the nfc capability is just terrible when he uses for things like apple pay (which I've yet to seen work). Apple would seriously have to upgrade the nfc feature in the new upcoming iphonea. Hopefully the new iphones coming out will have better nfc capability. I don't want to have to spend extra money for tablet to excusively use for a tamagotchi...

I think an English P's or idl would do well here if they actually advertised and got it into stores like Walmart. Around here the only place you can find Tama Friends is Toys R Us. For any toy to be a real success it has to be carried by Walmart. Toys R Uses don't exist in nearly as many places as Walmart. And for a lot of places Walmart's the only option for toys. Can't move product if it isn't accessible to the majority of the populace.

I think an English P's or idl would do well here if they actually advertised and got it into stores like Walmart.
I agree.

I think the color screen might also tempt people to buy them, especially the fans and collectors.

I think an English P's or idl would do well here if they actually advertised and got it into stores like Walmart. Around here the only place you can find Tama Friends is Toys R Us. For any toy to be a real success it has to be carried by Walmart. Toys R Uses don't exist in nearly as many places as Walmart. And for a lot of places Walmart's the only option for toys. Can't move product if it isn't accessible to the majority of the populace.
Either this or Target. I have fond memories of harassing my dad to take me to there to buy the newest Tama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back