Same sex tama marriages

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see the the sexes removed from tamas! They didn't used to have them, and I thought it added charm. I always thought of the different tamas as like "species" I suppose? Kind of like how the pokemon, Gardevoir, could be male or female regardless of how feminine the "species" (breed??) is. It's a children's toy, and they were supposed to be aliens originally, I don't see why they couldn't go back to being a bit more gender neutral. I could argue that the sex specifics are to help with easier navigation with the evolution pathways, but those could be solved with other methods as well. I'm always excited to see more gender neutrality and I think it'd allow for more creativity if nothing else! 💖

~ Miau :wub:

The Sims 4's "change your gender at any time in front of the mirror" system renders the entire concept of gender completely pointless.

The only real point of gender, both in this world and in Tamagotchi, is that creatures of the same gender can't reproduce. If you don't want that, just leave gender out altogether like in Tamagotchi Connection.

In some ways that would be an improvement - how they implemented gender in Tamagotchi Friends was too obnoxious, but for the most part I actually think it would be a regression, as in Connection you could breed with the same friend generation after generation. Genders prevent that.

You couldn't keep breeding with the same friend each generation as the V3, along with others in the Connection Series, would always produce Twins of the same sex. You would have to skip a generation and hope to get different sexes next time either by Matchmaker or connecting to a different friend.

You couldn't keep breeding with the same friend each generation as the V3, along with others in the Connection Series, would always produce Twins of the same sex. You would have to skip a generation and hope to get different sexes next time either by Matchmaker or connecting to a different friend.
Yeah, that's the reason the gender system is there. But I was almost certain the v3 didn't have that. I guess my memory is a haze...

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, I think it would be a cute feature. I feel like the color editions have made the Tamagotchis more human-like, so I don't think it's completely out of left field. They could adopt a baby instead. If this was on the Mix/Meets, it would be an opportunity to start anew and get genes that are not present in the adoptive parents. However its unlikely anything like this would happen considering Japan's complicated views on sexuality. :(

I have two things to say:

1. Same-sex couples in the Sims 4 can't Try For Baby without mods or flipping the sex settings of one of the Sims to the opposite.
2. I'd just prefer they remove genders from Tamagotchis entirely and make them all able to "spawn" eggs upon meeting a partner (or maybe even alone if they never mate). They are aliens. They don't need to work like earth creatures do, and it's rather implausible that they do.
Actually, on Sims 4 two sims of the same gender can try for a baby without mods and without switching genders. EA added a section in CAS. If you click on the three dots on the left hand side of the screen a drop down menu appears where you can choose whether you want your sim to be able to get others pregnant or become pregnant and this does not require changing the sim’s gender.

I'm inclined to say that it still isn't a thing on Tamagotchis because- unfortunately- some folks don't think it's appropriate for children. And as a business, Bandai doesn't want to lose customers because people may think they're "being political" or "pushing an agenda"

Don't get me wrong. It'd be wicked cool if they did feature that. But realistically speaking [and having experienced some homophobia myself/people saying stuff like that] it probably will not happen for a while, if ever.

And as kuchikid said, that's a really good point that they're aliens. Why should we even put gender roles onto digital aliens?

while i like the lgbt, i don't have a clean stance on allowing it on a virtual pet, i just don't think its a good idea atm, maybe wait until media won't use lgbt couples to push a cartoon or a movie? as far as im concerned, lets just keep it simple with the same sex marriages.

Aw, I think it would be a cute feature. I feel like the color editions have made the Tamagotchis more human-like, so I don't think it's completely out of left field. They could adopt a baby instead. If this was on the Mix/Meets, it would be an opportunity to start anew and get genes that are not present in the adoptive parents. However its unlikely anything like this would happen considering Japan's complicated views on sexuality. :(
that makes sense, since until recent, japan didn't allow/shamed same sex relationships.

The notion that most of the world isn't homophobic is simply not true. The OP needs to get out more, travel the world, and understand the global community. The premise is false because of the OP'S misunderstanding. The vast, vast majority of the world's population does not agree with same-sex marriage. Hundreds of millions (maybe billions) of people live in places where gays are persecuted, and where it's considered a crime to have gay relations. This is not an opinion. It's a fact. I personally have absolutely no problem with people being gay, but it's about the LAST issue that should be introduced into a toy. I also understand that a company like Bandai could have localized versions that allow gay marriage and gay reproduction where it's more accepted, but even where it's more accepted, like in the US, it's still a controversial political issue that would bother 100,000,000 people. Also, what's so wrong with an alien species that doesn't allow same-sex marriage or same-sex reproduction? Why be so judgmental about such a species? Why not just accept Tamagotchi as they are? Just crazy in my opinion to even think about going there in a Tamagotchi.

I personally believe that while it can't be done now, per se, it will be done when Japan adopts slightly more Western ideas as the concept of the otaku fully spreads to the West.

I believe, however, that same sex mating would be bad, and that a good alternative would be the two finding an abandoned egg and hatching it themselves (the penguins Roy and Silo are a good example of this, and that could occur.)

As an LGBT person who is attracted to people of the same gender.....I don't really mind that tamas can only marry male + female

HOWEVER----

I think it would be an excellent idea for a new item to be added....maybe something like a potion that, when used, turns your tama into the opposite sex for 1hr, giving you the opportunity to marry the "same sex" for that period of time, and if you don't marry it goes back to normal when the potion runs out. 

It always seems like in the On whatever gender I have, the ones I want to marry in the app are opposite! 

Edit: I also think it would be silly for same sex tamas to marry and get a random egg. Imagine you're in generation 20 of trying for the perfect Sanrio character, then your egg hatches into a pure Gozarutchi, resetting your genes. I'd be mad. 

As an LGBT person who is attracted to people of the same gender.....I don't really mind that tamas can only marry male + female

HOWEVER----

I think it would be an excellent idea for a new item to be added....maybe something like a potion that, when used, turns your tama into the opposite sex for 1hr, giving you the opportunity to marry the "same sex" for that period of time, and if you don't marry it goes back to normal when the potion runs out. 

It always seems like in the On whatever gender I have, the ones I want to marry in the app are opposite! 

Edit: I also think it would be silly for same sex tamas to marry and get a random egg. Imagine you're in generation 20 of trying for the perfect Sanrio character, then your egg hatches into a pure Gozarutchi, resetting your genes. I'd be mad. 
but then you could raise a pure line of gozarutchis, extending back into the 14th century

HOWEVER----

Come to think of it, the P's had a Baby Change Pierce that turns your tamagotchi back into a baby. They could have done a Gender Change Pierce as well. But pierces are permanent, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, I've thought about that because of this thread. If they added a gay marriage option, it'd probably need to be somewhat hidden to make sure you don't restart from generation 1 by accident. Which makes you wonder what the point even would be.

Come to think of it, the P's had a Baby Change Pierce that turns your tamagotchi back into a baby. They could have done a Gender Change Pierce as well. But pierces are permanent, if I'm not mistaken.
Actually no, that's not how the baby change pierce works.

They don't turn back into a baby. Just choosen characters change into a form that's inspired by how they would look as a baby. They are still adult characters and can breed, and no, it's not permanent, you can change back anytime you want. 

• Thanks
Reactions: Joc
As i Dont Like Lgbt Tamas Can´t Marry The same sex. That would be MIND-BLOWING!

THIS IS ONLY ON THE SIMS 4!

As i Dont Like Lgbt Tamas Can´t Marry The same sex. That would be MIND-BLOWING!
I hate that organisation too, but I don't see how that's relevant to the subject. This mechanic shouldn't be implemented because it would not make any sense, not because of negative associations. If Bandai refused to implement things because they upsetted people, the Tamago would be an empty shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back