Seriously...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite frankly, I could care less who finds me.
I choose to give my info out to people, and if they end up being possesed stalkers then, well, my bad.

I keep a baseball bat in my room and is not stupid enough to get in a car with someone I dont know.

Ive had a stalker before, actually, but he came from my school.

hahaha.

If someone says they'll shoot em if I dont get in, I know their buffing, and if their not, well, at least everyone will know how I went :3
Same here. I'm a girl, but I obviously know self defence. I'll just kick them where it hurts.

The most I give about myself is that I live in Michigan. I'm not telling anyone my full name. I don't even trust my best friend on another site completely. I mean, she's really nice, and she even posted a picture of herself to me. I'm not giving her my address, though, but we're still BFF's in PM. =3

The only thing I tell people is y first name, state and gender.

I don't like it if a person does this:

Hi! my name is Jane Doe, I live in 843432 Swift road, New York,New York. My # is 906-313-2452.

But if somebody does this, I'm fine with it:

Hi, I'm Jane, I live in new york, I am 17 years old.

I tell people my first name, age, gender, country, state and city.

The city is a big place and I don't give out any specific areas such as 'North' or 'South'.

And I don't tell anyone what land-marks I am near.

Pah.

Let people make mistakes.

Personally, I beleive, if people wanna be like.

Oooo my name is Krissi, and I like in Dayton, California, [enter area code here], Oooo.

Then, let em get raped.

Idiots.

And, no, I'm NOT being mean.

If you're going to be dumb- you deserve it.

And don't try to argure that "They don't know better..."

No.

Shut up.

If they don't "know better" to not put their personal crap on the net.

Then they don't need to be using the internet.

I use a fake name, location, age, hair color, eye color.

What you know about me, is all a lie.

And do I feel bad because I'm "lying"?

No.

I don't.

I feel great because I'm protecting myself.

Period.

End of story.

And if after reading this, you're STILL going to post your personal information.

Then go get raped.

Thanks,

-Tama_Solstice. <_<

I tell people my first name, age, gender, country, state and city.The city is a big place and I don't give out any specific areas such as 'North' or 'South'.

And I don't tell anyone what land-marks I am near.
Like I said. Go get raped.

It's not hard at all to track someones IP adress and find out where they are.

And if you don't know what that is.

Then you're a moron.

Thanks,

-Tama_Solstice. <_<

Like I said. Go get raped.
It's not hard at all to track someones IP adress and find out where they are.

And if you don't know what that is.

Then you're a moron.

Thanks,

-Tama_Solstice. That was not needed. It's alright to share one's opinion, but insulting someone and wishing them harm...yeah that's REALLY mature of you.

Sarcasm +1 there :ph34r:

Seriously though grow up and learn to be a bit more respectful in posts to others or you will continue to get negative karma for this behaviour.

Everyone else just continue your discussion as was before. You don't need to scold this member...they got the consequences. Thanks.

Whhhhhoooppps! I don't tell anybody my name. Only the country I live in. There's around 65 million people in my country. I'm sure nobody could find me. (I also told my age though...) That's OK. Thanks for telling this to us.

I'm unsafe.

xD

I have someone I don't know on my IM list. xD

I don't give out my phone or address.

I'm not dumb. :)

I am the one who wow's people.

Myself ish cool.

I give out the information that I'm comfortable with.

If someone suspicious tries to get me to tell them information then I say nothing.

The majority of the people on the internet don't get raped.

The majority of the people on the internet don't plan to rape someone else.

These stalker/rapist/pedophile/scare stories don't happen often, but when they do they are highly publicised to raise awareness of internet safety.

The internet is a safe place when you know what you're doing.

*post edited* I said not to quote that post and bring it up because it's already been dealt with. Stay on the topic at hand. - TigerLily013

i don't put pictures online because i don't have a camera plus i only say my first name.

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion:

Personally, I think most people would be smart enough not to give away their full name, phone number, etc. on the internet.

As for that article, I don't IM anybody I don't know. If I don't know someone in real life, rarely will they make my buddy list. I tell people my first name all the time, and nobody has ever found my exact location using the internet.

Simply, try to think before you post and you'll be fine.

I have friends I don't know in real life on my buddies list on yahoo etc. But, it's only 2 people, from this site. I don't give info to them, except my first name, age, country, gender. And gender is easy to figure out any way.

I am not being stalked. It'd be impossible to stalk me, without being noticed. I walk to school, with a huge group of friends, I am in school all day, at lunch, I go out with friends, after school, I'm driven home. I don't go out, I don't answer the door, or my phone unless the person is in my contacts list. Honestly, I'm safe.

I have a family who'd protect me, and two big dogs who'd kick your bottom end. SO DUN STALK MEEE!

I'm not saying, "Hello, I'm Agitha Mable Yoohke from 123 made up street, Hooville, Antartica. My phone number is: 12312436251345134578567846357813 CALL ME!" That'd be terribly unsafe.

None of the above was true and if it relates to anyone, sorry.

Quite frankly, I could care less who finds me.
I choose to give my info out to people, and if they end up being possesed stalkers then, well, my bad.

I keep a baseball bat in my room and is not stupid enough to get in a car with someone I dont know.

Ive had a stalker before, actually, but he came from my school.

hahaha.

If someone says they'll shoot em if I dont get in, I know their buffing, and if their not, well, at least everyone will know how I went :3
This is exactly the attitude I like, I wouldn't give out enough information about me if I wasn't sure you aren't going to do something dumb.

I'm a pretty logical person. The day of my birthday party someone was outside in a car in front of my house. So what? I mean, sure, we had to drive a kid down the street, whoo hoo? Big deal.

I know how to defend myself. And I know that if anything were to happen to me while no one else was home, I have a close friend down the street, and a block or two over, it's not a big deal.

If someone told me to get in, or die, I'd smile, and say, "Go on, kill me. I'm smart enough not to trust someone like you, and no, I won't get into the dang car." and proceed to swear until I ran out of breath.

If i'm going down, I'm going to go down fighting. My friends love my attitude, and if that's what kills me, oh well.

So. Stalkers beware, I'm not afraid to hit you where the sun don't shine, baby. You aren't getting me into that car, I will not take your candy, and no, I don't need a ride home, thank you very much, walking saves the planet, and so do people like you not being here.

/endrant

The only thing I really have to say besides my whole rant above is, if someone went through enough trouble of finding me, let them kill me, it's the least I can do.

I give out some information- I don't care.

There are 9 other people in my area with the same exact name as me. And 500 and something outside my area with it too.

And what are the odds some one is gonna fine me?

And I know I'm not dumb enough to get into a car with some one, or do internet dating or something.

I'm willing to give out my first name, age, gender, and what state i'm in.

That's it really, sometimes a little more.

And if I ever felt threatened, I'd call the cops anyway.

People need to stop assuming everyones an idiot, and will do something reckless.

Some people are smart, you know.

But I wouldn't advise giving out a lot of information- just the basics really.

Seriously though, if you get into a situation, just tell somebody?

Do you want to end up on the ten o' clock news?

My parents don't want me giving any information out, not even my first name. But I do anyway. I give out my name, gender, and country but that's it. There are many, many people who would fit those. I highly doubt that with that little information someone will find me. (And if I feel closer to that person, I might tell a little more but not a lot more, like my address. Just something like, I don't know, a city. xP) What are the chances someone will go to my country and knock on every single door asking for me?

Not all people are stupid enough to go on dating sites and post their their locations and such. =/

Besides, if someone does find me or tells me to get into their car or something, I know how to defend myself.

Anyway, I just don't think that it's all that bad. If something happens to me due to this, well, lesson learned and life goes on (unless they murder me, heh). If you're smart and you know your boundaries, you'll be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back