Should Smoking be illegal?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to hear someones reasons from the other perspective.
1. Why don't you think it should be illegal?
There are dozens and dozens of posts in this topic saying why it shouldn't be illegal. Actually read them.

But all I am trying to do is have a friendly debate all right?
It's not really a debate when you give biased comments that it should be illegal. Try to back up your opinions and statements, instead of statin' the oblivious on how bad it is. Screamin' "IT'S BAD!" "IT SHOULD BE BANNED BECAUSE IT'S BAD FOR YOU!" really don't cut it, y'know?

To be illegal, It should not be prohibited in places such as public stores, resturants and such. You can't just ban smoking all together. People who smoke do know the bad sides. I do know alot of smokers who do smoke and can be healthy as ever. I know smokers who also can clean themselves well and not have the smell. I also don't make smokers like some sort of villian, either. My boss smokes and he's the most nicest guy I ever met.

They have herbal cigs to some people as well.

However, no one, I mean no one should lecture to a smoker on how it's bad. You can tell them a smple and honest opinion, but don't go beyond that. I don't smoke, but were I work, people smoke on their breaks outside. I don't care. It's their buiness, not mine. I have RP characters who do it also, but they are fictonal.

So really, you can't have it outlawed, just because you don't like it, that it's bad for you, the enviorment, etc.

Oh, thanks. Well, maybe I came on a bit strong when I said it should be banned all together, I was just thinking of everyone's health. Is what I posted bad?

Oh, thanks. Well, maybe I came on a bit strong when I said it should be banned all together, I was just thinking of everyone's health. Is what I posted bad?
You can't just have something banned, because it's "unhealthy" in your eyes.

Eatin' fast food all the time is unhealthy. Should that be banned?

Not having proper hygiene is unhealthy, should that be illgegal?

Like it or not, people will smoke. Let them be. It's their buiness. Their life. It shouldn't be a bother to you. I don't badger people I know who smoke and go..

"HEY! Stop smokin'! It's unhealthy!"

I just let them be.

Starman.exe is right. There is a lot of unhealthy things out there, but they're not banned. I'm a smoker (I'm quitting for a while because I'm pregnant). If people want to smoke, they should. It's now illegal to smoke in public places now (in the UK anyway). Yes yes yes, it's unhealthy but that doesn't stop people. So are burgers, they're unhealthy but they're not banned, are they? But please don't get started on the whole Global Warming thing, I'm just becoming to think that it is a myth. If you want people to stop smoking, go up to someone with a cigarette and put it out.

So my conclusion: [SIZE=21pt]NO[/SIZE]

Starman.exe is right. There is a lot of unhealthy things out there, but they're not banned. I'm a smoker (I'm quitting for a while because I'm pregnant). If people want to smoke, they should. It's now illegal to smoke in public places now (in the UK anyway). Yes yes yes, it's unhealthy but that doesn't stop people. So are burgers, they're unhealthy but they're not banned, are they? But please don't get started on the whole Global Warming thing, I'm just becoming to think that it is a myth. If you want people to stop smoking, go up to someone with a cigarette and put it out.
So my conclusion: [SIZE=21pt]NO[/SIZE]
I would deck anyone who did that to me.

I have also come to say that maybe I was not thinking very well. Maybe smoking SHOULDN'T be illegal. They should just have certain areas smokers can smoke at.

Also... Its already illegal for people under 18 to smoke, But I could tell you the names of soooo many underage smokers I know, which proves that even if smoking was illegal, people would still do it.

I have also come to say that maybe I was not thinking very well. Maybe smoking SHOULDN'T be illegal. They should just have certain areas smokers can smoke at.
They do. Certain places like colleges have designated smoking areas.

And as has been stated numerous times now, there are certain places it IS illegal to smoke in.

Not really sure. I mean, if you want to smoke, it's none of my buisness to stop you. Just don't do it around me.

My mom is a smoker and I hate it. If she smokes while I'm in the car with her, it makes me smell like smoke. And have you seen a picture of a lung of a smoker? My science teacher showed my class a picture and it was a muddy brown color, when usually, it's a very nice pink tint.

Smoke from a cigerette releases 4,000 harmful gases into the air. I don't want to breathe that in just because you want to smoke.

I learned most of this in science class.

So I'm kinda stuck about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
nope. It shouldn't be illegal if it only affects them. People should be able to make their own decisions. But it should be illegal to smoke when it affects other people like during pregnancy, indoor public places, and around children. As long as it doesn't seriously impair a persons brain (like drugs that are illegal) or put other people in danger then it should be legal. It's their choice not the governments.

If is illegal, there are always people who are going to get it illegally somehow. For example, drugs. Its illegal, but people still get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back