SO MAD!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamtamkitty07

Reaction score
Okay, I have a bit of a problem. Before I ask for help, let me explain:

When I was 6, I had a best friend, we'll call her K. Our moms were best friends as well. We'd all go out to dinner, go places, everything. Until about 4 years ago my mom became a social hermit, and we haven't talked with them since. For those 4 years, I pestered my mom to give me K's number, but she said she didn't know it. I knew that was a lie because she just didn't want to hang out with K's mom, and I don't know why. They never faught or anything. My mom is a social hermit. I hate it.

Anyways I went through our whole phone book and found nothing. So I was hopelessly lost. I prayed every night to see my best friend or get a phone number or something, but one night I prayed reaallyyy hard. And the next day, her mom called my mom after 4 years. I asked who called and my mom said "Long Distance, it's nothing" but I checked and it was K's number. I called back, we talked, and I told her my mom would phone her mom next week.

And no.

So my mom promised me she'd phone her the next week.

No.

Etc etc etc.

The reason I'm fretting about this is I can't have any friendship with K unless my mom will actually talk to her mom. It's awkward because of that, so I haven't really talked to her.

Now here's the part that ticks me off; litterally 5 minutes ago, K's mom came by to see my mom, I was soo happy! I hugged her and ran to tell my mom, but my mom LIED and said she was in the shower, because she's THAT mean...AHH! So my mom told her she'd call her Saturday, which I know she won't do. I pretty much yelled at my mom after K's mom left, and now I don't know what to do.

How can I convince my mom to talk to K's mom again? I've tried EVERYTHING and don't want my mom being the reason for ending K and I's friendship. I hate this. My mom ruined everything.

[sorry for long, hard to understand post.]

maybe you should put this in your hands and talk 2 "K" and her mom yourself

maybe you should put this in your hands and talk 2 "K" and her mom yourself
I tried, but "K's" mom wants to talk to my mom, and I can't tell her my mom lied to her just so she won't have to talk to her.

Like, it's weird talking to K because she probably thinks my mom hates her mom. Ahh...

Sorry for the confuzzlingness, I'm soo stressed.

Why do you think your mom won't talk to K's mom? Did anything happen betweent the 2 of them that would leave your mom mad at her?
Nope, like I know my mom hates being social, but they never faught. I don't understand how my mom could do this to her best friend.

Tell your mom you won't talk to her ever again if she doesn't talk to K's mom?
what would your mom think about that

just talk 2 "k"'s mom about it withuot telling her about your mom lying

do wat U think is best

Okay, I tried to talk to her. She got mad and said

"STOP BEATING THE SUBJCT! I HONESTLY DON'T CARE IF I HAVE FRIENDS! JUST PHONE K YOURSELF!"

Then she started yelling at me, we got arguing, I started screaming in anger, she told me to shut up and it got worse afterwards.

I'm in tears right now. I don't know what to do.

Ah, friendship problems. I have that, but my friend lives in the neighborhood sadly.

I want to help, just talk to K yourself.

Aw -huggles-

I guess you can't do much. If you bring it up again, casually throw it out there that you can't lie for her any more and if you call K again you're just going to tell the truth anyhow.

Just call K. Tell her what's going on if K's a person you trust. Hopefully K will understand.

I agree talk to K's mum yourself. You can't force your Mum to be friends with somebody she doesn't want to be. You said that they never fought, but maybe when they where talking one day K's Mum said something hurtful to your Mum and she doesn't want to forgive her. And sometimes friendships just aren't the same anymore and it kinda just fades.

Aw -huggles-
I guess you can't do much. If you bring it up again, casually throw it out there that you can't lie for her any more and if you call K again you're just going to tell the truth anyhow.
I agree, plus keep in mind its your friendship with K that shouldn't be affected by parent friendships. So really even if you tell the truth or not to K's mother, it shouldn't affect anything but I suggest if you are going to come clean be very careful how you word it. If K's mother asks say...(warning it's long winded, but I think this will probably help K's mother understand better...)

"Look first off I want to apologize on behalf of my mother for how you are being treated. She's avoiding calling you back for whatever reason that I don't understand myself, and asking me to make excuses up. Now I don't know what happened if someone said anything bad to each other or not, but I really don't want this to affect my friendship with K. I really hope you understand."

I agree, plus keep in mind its your friendship with K that shouldn't be affected by parent friendships. So really even if you tell the truth or not to K's mother, it shouldn't affect anything but I suggest if you are going to come clean be very careful how you word it. If K's mother asks say...(warning it's long winded, but I think this will probably help K's mother understand better...)
"Look first off I want to apologize on behalf of my mother for how you are being treated. She's avoiding calling you back for whatever reason that I don't understand myself, and asking me to make excuses up. Now I don't know what happened if someone said anything bad to each other or not, but I really don't want this to affect my friendship with K. I really hope you understand."
Thanks guys, and I think I might do that, but if my mom knew I told K's mom the truth, I'd be like, done. My mom got reaaaallyy mad when I tried to talk to her about it, so this might make it worse.

But the thing is it's hard to be friends with K after 4 years, like our mothers had that connection that naturally brought us together, so it's awkward now. She's shy, but I think knowing her mom was friends with us made her not feel awkward. It's a little hard trying to be best friends with someone again after 4 years. :/

It's complicated, maybe I should just forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back