Something very special happened on my birthday

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^You see, female goldfish don't lay eggs by themselves normally. They usually have to have a male goldie in the tank with them and the male has to start chasing them around a little bit in order for them to even start developing eggs inside. A male also has to be there to fertilize the eggs after she lays them so that they will have a little fish inside of them. Her eggs were filled with all the things a little fish would need to survive and grow, but she didn't have a male to create the babies. Chiffon created the eggs all by herself, with no male, which was part of the miracle. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have amazing bonds with my fishies too! Every time one dies, I burry it and invite my family and friend over for a funeral. No joke. People think Im crazy, and some of my friends refuse to go because they think its ridiculous...but its not. Ive been a vegiterrian for years, I dont even drink milk, and I definitly do not eat fish, so I understand that fish have feelings too. All things do. And when you loose one, you loose a piece of your heart too. My theory on death is, that every time you loose something, you loose a piece of your heart along with it. Once your heart is gone, you die. But when you enter the gates of Heaven (or wherever your higher power leads you) you are replaced with a new one. A better one, One that will last a lifetime.. so that you can live in Heaven with new hopes, new dreams and whole new possiblities..and when you go up to Heaven, you will too, and your fish already has. you two will be reunited, and live happily ever after. and now when your upset, just no that you can look forward to that. i hope that u and ur new fishys live happily! muaw!

*fish are friends, not food*

-the fishy movie

Aww....

Well, I'm kinda spiritual like that, too. I guess she was sorta saying "Thanks" on your birthday, and after saying Thanks, it was her time to leave; her job in life was done.

But, I will mourn for your fish, and I'm so glad she had a very good life.

Alimania

I'm sad that your fish died. The miracle part was very nice! It was like your fish died so God repaid you with eggs since you are a very nice person and take care of the pet you had very well. I hope that you have fun with the babys!

That's so sweet that you saved her. Will the eggs hatch? Was there a male fish?

-Kuchipatchi-

Wow! Touching story. She lived a long time. 4 years is a very long time for a gold fish since the average life span is about 1-3 years. At least you know she had a great long life and it was very kind of you to have saved her life. If you weren't at the petstore that day, she would have died and not lived the extra 4 years she had gotten. Maybe she knew she was going to die soon and her birthday gift to you was her eggs. :(

*~Tamagotchi~*

Wow! Touching story. She lived a long time. 4 years is a very long time for a gold fish since the average life span is about 1-3 years. At least you know she had a great long life and it was very kind of you to have saved her life. If you weren't at the petstore that day, she would have died and not lived the extra 4 years she had gotten. Maybe she knew she was going to die soon and her birthday gift to you was her eggs. :(

*~Tamagotchi~*

I do not know what to say...that's such a great, sad but great, story. I almost cried from that...it's so touching. :(

I've had (sorta) similar experiences, I guess...about 6 years ago, I bought a fish from the pet store. (It wasn't blind, and it was wanted...I think. One difference.) The fishy died last year, and I think she had eggs...except the other fishies ate all the eggs. I keep all my fish in a pond, and sometimes it got really dirty and moss covered all over, so I don't know if the fishy actually laid eggs or not. Later that same month, the fishy died. I think it was in November, but I can't be sure. Anyways, when it came time to fish all the fishies out of the pond for winter, I didn't notice that there was one extra fish, so I just got all the ones that agreed to be caught in a net.

The following year, when spring came, and we were cleaning out the pond so the fishies could start swimming in the pond again, we found the extra fishy. He lived all winter long, when the ice was practically 2 feet deep. I was really surprised. Everyone else said that one of the fish laid eggs, except that only one happened to survive.

I don't know what happened, but I'm really thankful that the first fishy I ever got left me with a sign that she'll be safe (I dunno. Takin' a wild guess.) I guess it's wrong when people say animals don't have souls.

I do not know what to say...that's such a great, sad but great, story. I almost cried from that...it's so touching. :(
I've had (sorta) similar experiences, I guess...about 6 years ago, I bought a fish from the pet store. (It wasn't blind, and it was wanted...I think. One difference.) The fishy died last year, and I think she had eggs...except the other fishies ate all the eggs. I keep all my fish in a pond, and sometimes it got really dirty and moss covered all over, so I don't know if the fishy actually laid eggs or not. Later that same month, the fishy died. I think it was in November, but I can't be sure. Anyways, when it came time to fish all the fishies out of the pond for winter, I didn't notice that there was one extra fish, so I just got all the ones that agreed to be caught in a net.

The following year, when spring came, and we were cleaning out the pond so the fishies could start swimming in the pond again, we found the extra fishy. He lived all winter long, when the ice was practically 2 feet deep. I was really surprised. Everyone else said that one of the fish laid eggs, except that only one happened to survive.

I don't know what happened, but I'm really thankful that the first fishy I ever got left me with a sign that she'll be safe (I dunno. Takin' a wild guess.) I guess it's wrong when people say animals don't have souls.
Wow! :D :eek:

******Chiffon's Story*******
On my birthday two weeks ago, I lost a pet that was very special to me. She was a goldfish named Chiffon, and I had her for 4 years. She lived in a tank in my room, and she was my pride and joy, a major light in my life. I looked for her every time I went into my room, and she always made me smile. She was so special to me because she was blind.

I rescued her from a pet store 4 years ago right before Christmas. She was tiny, pure white, and starving to death because she couldn't find any food. A larger fish had attacked her and removed her eyes, and the pet store was just going to let her die because "no one wants a blind goldfish. It's ugly." I brought her home and handfed her for weeks until she regained enough strength to eat on her own. I trained her to simply start chomping in the water when I tapped on the tank, and she knew that I would drop the food in around her. I fed her twice a day every day without fail. When you spend so much time with an animal, you develop a bond with it.

She grew so big I had to get her new tanks and everything. She also developed pretty orange patches on her gills, like her cheeks were orange, and a few more patches on her body and fins. I talked about her almost everyday to my family, how proud I was that she was so healthy. :( A week before she died, I started taking a bunch of pictures of her, and I didn't know why but I felt I had to.

*******The Miracle*******

The morning of my birthday, I woke up and looked at her first thing. I was shocked because all over in her tank were EGGS!!! Covering the walls, the floor, everywhere! She had laid eggs all on her own, which is not common in goldfish. That really made my day, it was amazing! And she was swimming around happily as ever. When I came home that night, though...she was gone. Laying amongst her eggs she had passed away. I was devastated. :D She wasn't sick or anything, and the water was normal, just a bit cloudy from the egg laying process. I couldn't believe she was gone.

This is special to me, because it's too wierd that it happened on my birthday. It was like she achieved the biggest thing any fish(or animal) could, reproducing, and then her life was complete. I'm kind of spiritual about these things...but it's what I take from the whole thing. It felt like a sort of "gift" in return for all my efforts in saving her. Some think I'm silly for thinking this way, but my family was shocked when I told them, they knew how special she was to me. It makes me teary when I talk about it still. I just wanted to share it here with everybody. :eek:
Poor fishy....

I made Chiffon a card!

R.I.P

You are so kind to save her and care for her!!! It makes me want to cry as well, how she died but it was so special that she laid lots of eggs on your birthday! Now you can have lotsa little friends! :(

******Chiffon's Story*******
On my birthday two weeks ago, I lost a pet that was very special to me. She was a goldfish named Chiffon, and I had her for 4 years. She lived in a tank in my room, and she was my pride and joy, a major light in my life. I looked for her every time I went into my room, and she always made me smile. She was so special to me because she was blind.

I rescued her from a pet store 4 years ago right before Christmas. She was tiny, pure white, and starving to death because she couldn't find any food. A larger fish had attacked her and removed her eyes, and the pet store was just going to let her die because "no one wants a blind goldfish. It's ugly." I brought her home and handfed her for weeks until she regained enough strength to eat on her own. I trained her to simply start chomping in the water when I tapped on the tank, and she knew that I would drop the food in around her. I fed her twice a day every day without fail. When you spend so much time with an animal, you develop a bond with it.

She grew so big I had to get her new tanks and everything. She also developed pretty orange patches on her gills, like her cheeks were orange, and a few more patches on her body and fins. I talked about her almost everyday to my family, how proud I was that she was so healthy. :p A week before she died, I started taking a bunch of pictures of her, and I didn't know why but I felt I had to.

*******The Miracle*******

The morning of my birthday, I woke up and looked at her first thing. I was shocked because all over in her tank were EGGS!!! Covering the walls, the floor, everywhere! She had laid eggs all on her own, which is not common in goldfish. That really made my day, it was amazing! And she was swimming around happily as ever. When I came home that night, though...she was gone. Laying amongst her eggs she had passed away. I was devastated. :pochitchi: She wasn't sick or anything, and the water was normal, just a bit cloudy from the egg laying process. I couldn't believe she was gone.

This is special to me, because it's too wierd that it happened on my birthday. It was like she achieved the biggest thing any fish(or animal) could, reproducing, and then her life was complete. I'm kind of spiritual about these things...but it's what I take from the whole thing. It felt like a sort of "gift" in return for all my efforts in saving her. Some think I'm silly for thinking this way, but my family was shocked when I told them, they knew how special she was to me. It makes me teary when I talk about it still. I just wanted to share it here with everybody. :furawatchi:
OMG that's so awesome! :gozarutchi:

Wow.. so she died on your birthday..

You will have a lot of Chiffons now! :mametchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back