Summary of Tamagotchi Movie (spoilers)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kutchipatchi says when translated in English on one entry on the blog:

"Greeting cards are made of poo-poo!"

Last edited by a moderator:
"joepet, are you in japan?? and great movie! ty for the summary!"
yes i am. you're welcome!

Kutchipatchi says when translated in English on one entry on the blog:"Greeting cards are made of poo-poo!"
no, he doesn't.

I read the first little bit, and I am scared to read anymore. xD I don't want to spoil it!

I actually came here to express how I feel about the movie.

Two words: Can't wait!

That sounds good! I saw the digest on You Tube. ChaMametchi kinda reminds me of my little sister. I would like it to come out in America. It is much better that the old Tamagotchi movie (In America). They didn't even know how to say the name correctly. But that movie would only be popular with little kids here. Maybe I will find some way to get the DVD from japan. But, Thank you joepet!

~ChibiMuffins

Three words fit into a neat little acronym:

O...M...G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so totally can't wait for it to come out in America (if it does)! It would be a perfect movie for the kiddo's, like ChibiMuffins said. It sounds like a really good movie!

Just got back from watching the movie with my daughter. Overall, I thought it was pretty good. Here's a quick summary:
The movie starts off fast, with Mamatchi finishing off his new invention. At the same time in another world, Tampopo is off to deliver a forgotten item to her mother. Both are about to become an older sibling, and both are wondering if they can handle the responsibilities.

Memetchi and Kuchipatchi arrive at Mametchi's house just in time to see Mametchi try out his new "Forwarding Machine" for the first time (the reason he invented this will become clear later). In the 60 seconds between activation and the start of "forwarding", several unlikely yet hilarious events (involving Kutchpatchi, of course) result in the aim of the Forwarding Machine to go off course, and Tampopo is brought into the Tamagotchi world. After everyone gets over the should of the situation, she is thrilled to see her favorite tamagotchis in person, but soon realizes that cannot get home. Fortunately, Mamechi's papa, mama, and their egg come in, and Papa Mametchi explains that they will invent a rocket and a way to send her back at the exact time she left. Relieved, Tampopo looks forward to the time she will spend living with Mametchi in Tamagotchi world until she can return home. The next day Tampopo gets a thrilling tour of Tamatown, which is bustling with preparations for the King's birthday.

Tampopo goes to Tama School to learn with the others (she sits next to Kuchipatchi). During the science class, an explosion plunges the room into smoke and darkness. Everyone is fine, but Mametchi crouches on the floor in terror. Later while eating with Tampopo, Memetchi, and Kuchipatchi, Mametchi explains that since he was a small child who was once trapped in a dark place, he has been afraid of the dark. He tried many ways to get over his fear, but could not, and he fears he will be an embarassment to his little brother or sister. So he built the Forwarding Machine to bring himself his own private sun to follow him and give him light. The others are sympathetic, and Mametchi vows to begin experiements to make a little sun for himself.

One day, Papa and Mama go out, and Mametchi and Tampopo stay home to watch the egg (but not before giving Tampopo the "kizuna no kagi", a key that will take her back to the time when she was forwarded to Tamagotchi land...all she needs now is the rocket, which is still being built) Though several unlikely yet hilarious events, the egg bounds out the window, rolls down the street, and eventually falls into some ballons that end up caught on the top of a very high building. Repotchi breaks the story on live TV, and soon all of Tamagotchiland is watching Mametchi try to save the egg. Mametchi catches the egg, but falls off the building. Tampopo catches Mametchi, but they both fall. Memetchi throughs a rope to stop their fall, but she falls as well. Fortunately, KuroMametchi is watching and, through an ingenious use of Kuchipatchi, everyone is saved. The parents are not angry, as Mametchi took responsibility and did what it took to save the egg...which soon hatched into Mametchi's sister, Chamametchi.

A montage of events follow, as Mametchi grows to a kindergarden age tamagotchi while Mametchi finally succeeds in creating "Mametaiouchi", a little sun that will follow Mametchi everyone and always provide him with light. But just as this happened, the real Taiouchi (Tamagotchi land's sun) was flying overhead...

The next morning, it was dark outside. Taiouchi was nowhere to be found, and thus Tamagotchi World had no light from it's sun. Mametchi and the others found this odd, but went to school anyway. Somehow Chamametchi followed Mametchi to school, and after a short argument Mametchi agreed to let her come for the day. During more preparations, the Tamagotchi's were violently thrown into the air and heard a strange sound. It was soon discovered that Tamagotchi World had caught a cold. Mametchi ran to the Mame Invention Center to try to help, and overheard Mimizu kocho explaining that Taiouchi had left a note that said "I heard that Mametchi has finally succeeded in eventing a new sun. So I am going away. Goodbye." Mametchi is crushed, thinking that all of the current problems are his fault, and goes to bed without talking to anybody.

(I have to go now, but I will try to finish this up later...) :furawatchi:
Yep,sounds great now i can't wait too see it! :rolleyes:

The Tamagotchi Movie site has been updated to include a page about the DVD:

https://tamaeiga.com/dvd.html

If you buy the special first edition DVD, it says "You will also get cute friend 'Contact Friend! Talking Chamametchi' present. The more you play with it, the more it will talk."

What causes the earthquake?

What characters make cameo appearences before the earthquake scene?

I need these for a "How to get characters from the Tamagotchi Movie" chart.

The earthquake is caused by Tamagotchi World catching a cold, which is caused by Taiouchi's disappearance.

Don't know the answer to the other question...

this is so COOL!!!Even if the boom is ending, I will remain loyal to tamagotchi!!Who's with me?

I also saw the digest on youtube, it looks SO COOL!!!!I hope it's released in NZ!!Also, joepet, do you speak Japanese?

The other question is "What character makes a cameo appearence before the earthquake?"

The hint is "Chamametchi grows to a kindergarten age".

Why did Taiotchi dissapear?

The earthquake is caused by Tamagotchi World catching a cold, which is caused by Taiouchi's disappearance.Don't know the answer to the other question...
Is the sky often dark when there's an earthquake?

Why did Taiouchi go away?

I think it was because he hated the sound of Tanpopo, Memetchi,Mametchi, and Kutchipatchi screaming!

Is the sky often dark when there's an earthquake?Why did Taiouchi go away?

I think it was because he hated the sound of Tanpopo, Memetchi,Mametchi, and Kutchipatchi screaming!
...didn't you read the summaries?

See here:

...Mametchi finally succeeds in creating "Mametaiouchi", a little sun that will follow Mametchi everyone and always provide him with light.  But just as this happened, the real Taiouchi (Tamagotchi land's sun) was flying overhead...
The next morning, it was dark outside.  Taiouchi was nowhere to be found, and thus Tamagotchi World had no light from it's sun.

During more preparations, the Tamagotchi's were violently thrown into the air and heard a strange sound.  It was soon discovered that Tamagotchi World had caught a cold.  Mametchi ran to the Mame Invention Center to try to help, and overheard Mimizu kocho explaining that Taiouchi had left a note that said "I heard that Mametchi has finally succeeded in eventing a new sun.  So I am going away.  Goodbye."  Mametchi is crushed, thinking that all of the current problems are his fault, and goes to bed without talking to anybody.
And here:

Just when all appears to have been resolved, communications are once again cut off, and a bright light appears in the cabin.  From back in the Mame Invention Center, they note that the rocket has used up all of its power, and thus has no way of returning to Tamagotchi World.  Everyone starts crying, but suddenly Mametchi's voice is heard announcing that they have returned!  The light that had entered their cabin was that of the returning Taiouchi, who brought them all back to Tamagotchi World (Taiouchi later explained that the real reason he left was to go on a hot springs tour, adding "isn't my skin smooth now?"), and finally everyone is able to rejoice once more.
~OM21

The teacher. He's not that great...

I might revisit that writeup again in a couple of months, when I get the DVD and can watch it many times without paying $20 a pop for the privledge. :)

Also need to take pictures of that Tama Restaurant toy...so much to do, so little time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The teacher. He's not that great...
I might revisit that writeup again in a couple of months, when I get the DVD and can watch it many times without paying $20 a pop for the privledge. :ichigotchi:

Also need to take pictures of that Tama Restaurant toy...so much to do, so little time. :(
Haha, don't try to do both at once! :D

Also, would it be possible to provide screencaps? :huh:

~OM21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back