Swine Flu...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember horse flu? Did I get it? NO.

Bird flu? Did I suffer? NO.

SARS? Did I catch it? NO.

So, I'm not gonna worry about H1N1 at all.

[According to the Chinese calander]

Last year was year of the bird - Bird flu

This is year of the pig - Pig flu.

Next year is year of the ****. Lets see how this goes...

I'm not too worried about it.

I almost died from a regular flu two years ago. I didn't eat for three weeks. I had stomach pains. My asthma was bad. I went to many doctors, they tried giving me medication but it made me worse. I missed out on my exams as well, so I got really weird marks just based on my assessments.

I learnt my lesson and now have a flu needle every year!

I hated the flu needle this year. It's evil. Made me sick. xD

But I could die from anything. I could go to work tomorrow and get hit by a car in the carpark.

I think the media has a lot to do with it. Especially when the newsreader said " x amount of people have died from the Swine Flu" and in actual fact, only a small handful died from the H1N1 strain.

Nope. Not worried at all.

My family's worried about it 'cause we travel every summer from China to the US (like, I'm American, but I live in China most of the year) and you know how those crowed, air-recycling planes are...we're more worried about going FROM the US back to China since H1N1's coming OUT of the US. And this 19-year old Hong Kong girl got it 'cause of this American doctor who had it was sitting two rows in front of her. And now he's in Taiwan and is absolutely confirmed to have it. How ironic. He's a doctor!

Anyway, now 'cause of this dumb flu, my mom and I gotta pack a lot of surgical masks (to WEAR. It's weird because whenever we put them on, people skitter away from us as if WE were the infected ones...when it's more likely vice versa), alcohol swabs (I got to clean my ipod and my DS after the plane rides), hand sanitizer, wet wipes, tamiflu, and this Asian anti-cough/flu medicine called Trilex. -_- Grr...anyone else going through this kinda stuff?

[According to the Chinese calander]Last year was year of the bird - Bird flu

This is year of the pig - Pig flu.

Next year is year of the ****. Lets see how this goes...
Sorry, it's actually the year of the cow/ox this year. Last year was the year of the rat, and the year BEFORE was the year of the pig. And before that was the year of the dog (I should know, I was 12 that year).

I'm not worried at all. Someone in my city got it, but I think people are overreacting a bit. As long as you are healthy, it shouldn't be a problem.

[SIZE=7pt]More people die from the regular flu.[/SIZE]

I mean, I just honestly do not care. No one here has it, I do not care.

It's sad people are dying, but everyone is overreacting =/

It was on a cruise ship. 2,000 people quarantined. But thats somewere in Austrailia and its on the news here..? Yeah it's kinda died down no one here talks about it any more.

There are approximatly 37,000 deaths world wide each year due to influenza/the standard flu.

The Swine Flu hasn't even approached that number yet.

The same thing happened with Bird Flu, Mad Cow, and the West Nile Virus, and the world's holding together. Although I feel for the victicms Swine Flu HAS claimed, we'll move on just like the rest.

In a private school near me, alot of people got the swine flu.

I was so worried, but I didn't get it.

You just have to be careful!

i have a bad immune system and catch everything. including swine flu.

yep, i had it, and i survived, i'm completley fine now, don't worry it only kills you if you have really bad hygene. that's what my doctor told me. :)

maybe their immune system was really bad, or maybe their hygene was awful.

It's spreading in my area. xD

I'm not worried. I don't touch people anyway...

i have a bad immune system and catch everything. including swine flu.yep, i had it, and i survived, i'm completley fine now, don't worry it only kills you if you have really bad hygene. that's what my doctor told me. :)
Interesting that you have just joined the forum and already have shared the fact that you have had swine 'flu and survived and that you are 14 yrs old and 3 months pregnant.

You must be a very singular person.

Please, don't spread incorrect information?

Anyone who can access the internet can access information on Swine Flu and see that your doctor (and therefore you) are incorrect - it doesn't "only kill you if you have really bad hygiene".

It is a normal part of being careful to wash hands regularly and to use a tissue to catch coughs and sneezes and then to throw it away in a bin/trash can.

However, being careful like this doesn't guarantee that "it won't kill you".

Any confirmed cases of Swine flu have been treated with special medication.

If you caught 'swine flu (and survived) which anti-viral drug were you given?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been blown way out of proportion, the same as Bird Flu, Foot and Mouth, that sort of thing.

More people die each year from the normal flu virus most commonly caught in winter.

I blame the media, they put too much coverage and frightening facts on their stories, so everyone just gets scared because 'The guy on the TV said so!'. They're so influencial these days, and they exaggerate and tell lies, that's the reason we've got people worried about it.

Whenever anyone sneezes/coughs I joke that they have Swine Flu. I'm not worried, just silly.

My school has closed because of it. I'm not worried about it though.

Interesting that you have just joined the forum and already have shared the fact that you have had swine 'flu and survived and that you are 14 yrs old and 3 months pregnant.You must be a very singular person.

Please, don't spread incorrect information?

Anyone who can access the internet can access information on Swine Flu and see that your doctor (and therefore you) are incorrect - it doesn't "only kill you if you have really bad hygiene".

It is a normal part of being careful to wash hands regularly and to use a tissue to catch coughs and sneezes and then to throw it away in a bin/trash can.

However, being careful like this doesn't guarantee that "it won't kill you".

Any confirmed cases of Swine flu have been treated with special medication.

If you caught 'swine flu (and survived) which anti-viral drug were you given?
i don't know, i'm not a doctor, at the time i was worried about dieing.

and yes, i am pregnant.

You must be a very singular person.
actually, i got swine flu years ago, when it was hardly heard of, so that is years apart from me being pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back