Tama Owners With Real Pets

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should keep at your tamas but have them more as a hobby and something you do only in your free time because if you don't pause alot and you forget about them for to long then your generation 7 tamas will end up in the tama memorial section of this forum and you don't want that. Have fun with the crabs to!

I have a bunch of real pets a cat,dog, 6 fish, and a turtle and my brother and i still play tamagotchis. I have had hermit crabs before and they really don't need much care besides food and water. So keep using your tama!

Hermit crabs dont need much attention I think they eat at night time you just need to put food in its tank clean it and maybe take it to the vet if its sick xD

//-lWeRide

I have dog but when I play with her I leave it un paused because it always alright

And I play with mt tama when I on here because I do all the cheats!!!

I have 2 cats and I mostly always have time for my Tama. If my cats want attention, I will just pause my Tama and play with them for a bit. That is another reason there is a pause mode! :D :mimitchi: :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would keep the Tamas. I have 2 gerbils and 2 dogs and 2 hamsters on the way and I always find time to take care of my Tamagotchis. It's not that hard to balance them out, so you would never have to pause them..I never do! The real trick for me is to find a way to keep my hyper dogs from eating them when they are trying to get my attention! :D

I personally have tamas and real pets. I have 8 tamas total, a guinea pig (sammy), and two cats (jo jo and venus.....don't say anything they are both girls). I personally have never experienced any interference between the two, except me playing games with a tama and having either of the cats in my face (usually jo jo) trying to get me to pet them. But I suppose if anyone ever would have to choose between the two then real pets all the way, but I don't see why you would ever have to.

Honestly I think you'll easlily be able to take care of two crabs and tamas at the same time. Crabs aren't exactly attention hogs, and tamas (unlike real pets) can go on pause for as long as we need them to.

its ok, you will have plenty of time for your hermit crabs and your tamas, your crab will probably just sit there most of the time, trust me, i have a dog which is so high maintenence [but cute! lol] and i have plenty of time for my tamagotchi!

I'm getting hermit crabs in a few months ^_^ , and I don't know how to handle my Tamas! Tamagotchis are made mostly for kids who can't have real pets, so what should I do? Retire them, and focus on my crabs, or find a good balance between pet and virtual pet? I'm not sure if I could give up on Tamas :( because ever since I got my first one ( A V2 ) I was fully addicted! Crabs aren't the most time consuming pets, so I should have time for Tamas. But not having a Tama would be one less thing to take care of...
I expect to hear tons of opinions on this subject! I'm almost horrified at myself for thinking of giving up on Tamas :eek: , but I still am not sure.

Please reply! And be very frank with me, I want to know all opinions and ideas.

:huh: GozarutchiGuy :huh:
Ya, I know hwat your talking about, unfortunately. :p

I've been through this before, When I was gonna get a pet cat I was worries for my tamagotchi, and not having time for it.

So when I got the cat.

I played with and cared for, as it was just another one of my tamagotchi.

Except, not exactly exactly like tamagotchi not games like jumprope, and others.

But, the point is I became a very good pet owner, and tamagotchi owner. ;) :huh:

So, my cat may not be acting exactly like one of my tamagotchi.

And, The games I play with my cat are longer then tama games.

And I pet it.

And, well your cat has different pet has different feeding times, and scuedules.

But, if your a good tama owner, your a good pet owner.

And, a tip: When your not playing with your tamagotchi and Don't want it Upset, Put it to sleep.

Hpe this helps you become a good pet owner, and tamagotchi owner! :huh:

you will have time for it. i have a fish which is easy to take care of like a hermit crab and i still play with my tama.

hime ^_^

your weird because i have a DOG!!! you are gonna have crabs what can u possibly do with a hermit crab tell me! OH YA FEED IT! thats it i have 5 tamagotchis and a puppy thats hyper then a 3 year old kid with 100 cups of sugar! JUST MULTITASK!!! DUH!

Crabs (hermit crabs) don't eat much or do much. Eat at night. Pinch. Sit on a sponge.
Ha ha! :D

He's right; you will have time for your Tamagotchis. I have NJROTC, school, cats, and chores, and I still do. :lol:

You can still take care of your tamagotchi even with real pets. :D

I have a cat, four fish, and 7 tamagotchis. :lol: Just find time for your crabs and your tamagotchi. If you cant handle your tama anymore though, then just pause it.

I have many, many pets... (I'm not responsible for all of them, that makes things easier, but even if I was, I'm sure I could find time for my Tamas.)

3 cats

3 dogs

Over 50 birds, or somewhere around there. (Backyard aviaries with finches, lovebirds, cockatiels, and parakeets along with two big parrots that stay in the house.)

And the one desert tortoise that mostly sits in the garden.

I pay lots of attention to my cats, and I still find time to play with the parrots AND my Tamas.

So I wouldn't worry much about neglecting Tamas for real pets, because I don't think it happens too drastically, if worse comes to worse you just pause your little virtual pet for a few days to give some love to your real pet. :huh:

Don't worry about this. I have a cat and two mice and I have plenty of time for my tama. Just don't ignore your crabs. Also you may, as many of already said, want to pay A LOT of attention to your pets the first day. Make sure they are comfortable in their new home and make them feel welcome. Give them extra care. Then after you see your pets are satisfied, balance your time with your pets. It's actually quite simple you may notice. Well, simpler than it sounds or looks.

:huh: Wine_Deer :p

I have three cats( which my parents also take care of in addition to myself) and I also have time for my tama.My 2 older cats seek attention quite a bit but if I had to I could hold my tama in one hand and pet the cat with the other. Also I go camping a few times a year and I can't take my cats with me because my older ones hate collars and my youngest cat(which is a male) will wear collars but doesn't have one so having a tama is nice because I can take them with me on vacation and just about everywhere I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back