Tamagotchi at Toyfair 2014

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in SoCal. I'm going to call around.

EDIT: Starting to think the pictures might be false. I called Buena Park and Cerritos and they told me that it's not even in their inventory system at all, and they can check as far as Hawaii to Utah, but it's not showing an item number, ergo, it's not in their inventory system. So take the pictures with a grain of salt I feel they may be false. Unless someone can tell me the specific SoCal city so I can check for myself because I live outside of Los Angeles.

EDIT 2: Looking at Ebay because of resellers and all, I see most have been posted from Fort Worth, Texas. So it's possible that the midwest/south has gotten them released early.

EDIT 3: If someone can get me the item number, I can give them that and they can check for sure. But the pictures are too dang small.

EDIT 4: I'm eating my words. Fullerton has some. They're holding two for me. Away I go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's a bit of a gamble. Some Toys R Us have them and some don't, it seems.

The $21.99 photo is mine. It was taken in Hawthorne. The first one I went to in Torrance didn't have any.

Checked my toys r us, and it wasn't there I live in Texas and the lady didnt even seem to know what it was. Guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks till they announce it.

Yeah, it's a bit of a gamble. Some Toys R Us have them and some don't, it seems.

The $21.99 photo is mine. It was taken in Hawthorne. The first one I went to in Torrance didn't have any.
That's... odd. Mine were 19.99. I managed to snap photos as well and I grabbed the purple with jewels and blue with stars.

Here's the last one hanging after I grabbed my two. 2 more were at the customer service desk, so I am assuming someone reserved those other two.

53FDC042-61F4-4021-9150-BB51F4A22E13_zpsca1uygfw.jpg

And here's a close up of the product code, and I think the number is the item number, so if they ask for a number, try to give them it to see if they have any in their system:

5BFFC274-2333-4ED3-A99B-9D32AF47BAAB_zpssj8eltkh.jpg

If you have images turned off, the number is: 37480, and under the small barcode it's: 06-1847, to the right of the barcode is a 1, and then date shows 08/09.

Again, these were at the Fullerton Toys R Us in southern California off of Harbor Blvd for any of you who are local.

So I went to my nearest Toys R Us and behold! Nestled almost discreetly in between all the pink, Hello Kitty toys near the front of the store was a teensy non-display for the Tamagotchi Friends. No fanfare, just a plain old spot for our beloved Tamagotchis. Almost missed it. I did not call ahead to check for availability. I had the day off and heard rumblings among the online community about sightings in stores, so I decided to check it out for myself.

2014-08-11102800.jpg

At this particular location (I didn't check any others because I found what I was looking for here), all six Wave 2 designs were available, one each, and I was very tempted to purchase them all. :D Alas, I decided on the 2 I liked the best, blue ones of course. :) I'm so glad I waited. The designs are better, in my opinion, and you won't catch me paying twice what's charged in US stores.

I'm pleased to introduce the newest additions to my virtual pet family!

2014-08-11103744.jpg

So I'm in California too and I know there was some question about whether or not stores in the US actually have them. It may seem that some stores carry them and some don't, but I think part of it also has to do with employees not knowing what exactly we're (and they're) talking about. Just out of curiosity, while I was out doing the rest of my errands and after I had made my purchase, I called the exact TRU location from which I had purchased my TF. I asked them if they had any TF in stock, and the employee told me that they have TF games for certain game consoles ( :huh: ) that they carry, but no TF virtual pet yet, to their knowledge. She also further stated that sometimes they don't know what they have in their inventory until they unpack the actual boxes, and shared that their stock of items usually comes in on Tuesdays and Fridays (if I remember correctly) and advised me to check back maybe next week or something to that effect. Well...she tried. :p

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that even if you call in and the stores say that they don't carry it, if it's convenient for you, I would go and see for myself. You never know what you may find. Despite the ambiguity of it all, this is a good thing, right? It seems that TF is slowly trickling in to US stores. Although, it is a shame that there hasn't been a confirmed release date by which all stores abide, and it does seem that only TRU is carrying them at the moment (for good measure, I stopped by Target as well and they didn't seem to have any).

Despite what others have mentioned about this release, I'm personally excited to try these guys out for myself. :)

So I started both up and got one boy, one girl. Immediately upon putting batteries in, I noticed the screen contrast difference. See here:

DF705F5A-FA0D-46F0-AE10-1332BED3389C_zpstmt6wt2i.jpg

I am assuming one is using the old screen that had problems back in Europe. I went to the contrast adjustment screen and both show 3 bars. For the blue I switched it to one bar. Lo and behold, it now looks the same as the purple for the 'normal' contrast on it.

So don't fret, if you get a dark screen like shown above, just switch the contrast all the way to the left and it'll be perfectly viewable.

To go to the contrast screen: press B and C together on the clock screen.

Wow, beautiful!!

OldSchoolTama, which part of California are you in? My boyfriend lives in Los Angeles and checked his nearest Toys R Us but he couldn't find them. ;-;

EDIT: He also wants to know what's the address for the one in Harbor Blvd... I don't know why he's too lazy to post for himself

Here you go:

TOYS R US/BABIES R US - FULLERTON [5647]1100 SOUTH HARBOR BOULEVARD

FULLERTON, CA 92832

P: (714) 447-4995

He should call around because it's hit and miss. As I said the only one left at Harbor was the pink/red. The others were on reserve like mine were.

At this particular location (I didn't check any others because I found what I was looking for here), all six Wave 2 designs were available, one each, and I was very tempted to purchase them all. :D Alas, I decided on the 2 I liked the best, blue ones of course. :) I'm so glad I waited. The designs are better, in my opinion, and you won't catch me paying twice what's charged in US stores.

I'm pleased to introduce the newest additions to my virtual pet family!

2014-08-11103744.jpg

Despite what others have mentioned about this release, I'm personally excited to try these guys out for myself. :)
OldSchoolTama, those are the exact shell designs I hope to get for myself! Blue's my favorite color, too! :D

I asked a friend of mine to check the Toys R Us closest to me, which is about 30/40 miles away. I live in a small town with no big Toys R Us store to call its own. Hopefully I'll be able to find some Tamagotchi Friends for myself in a few weeks. *crosses fingers* :)

Nope, was at Walmart and Target and saw nothing.

Only the silver gem designs are currently available for shipping to home ^^ But maybe they'll make the others available also :)

And it's Tamagotchi Friends Day in the UK!

10610503_1679749625582921_7493819847761015661_n.jpg

10593086_1679749938916223_4700903745822164831_n.jpg

Figures! Can't wait for the figures to release in US.

I wonder if the US will get the wave 1 designs, like the leopard print or the Dalmatian because I really would like the blue dalmatian one.

They should...ToyWiz has them for pre-order in August. And in Russia, they had Wave 1 designs with the better screen and color icon backgrounds.

Called my local Toys r us today and they had them! They weren't on display but they had to get them from the back. Excited to try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back