Tamagotchi Friends ... Worst Version Yet?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaaarrrgh!!! NO!! Himespetchi requires 2 TF?? T_______T

I honestly am starting to doubt too about the connection: it would be too kind for Bandai's usual style! XD I'm a bit upset they completely ignore how much the Japanese TMGC products sell even in Western Countries and I also think that there might be a discrete amount of Japanese fans that collect tamagotchis, maybe even ordering from Internet the West-only ones.
Yeah Himespetchi and Yumemitshi are the only two characters you can only get through connecting, I couldn't care less about Yumemitshi but not having Himespetchi.... whyyyyy.... :'(

I don't think it would be fair if Bandai japan sould their tamagotchis well, outside japan, because everybody would buy japan's ones instead of US/UK ones lol

I don't know if the friends actually sells in japan, I undertand the Tama-Go got a japanese release and it didn't go too well so I'm not expecting much people to get the TF's

also I've seen the TF's in few japanese sites, and they were selling from quite expensive, it must be hard to get for them xD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY, today I went to a toy shop, and gues what I fouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuund

tf_shelves_by_utakoloid-d7ysxxi.jpg

hadn't see them in real life yet so this was quite a suprize for me, even though I don't like this version neither the way they advertised it, I have to say they made a really good job when it comes to the packaging, this one looks better than the previous ones we got, the shape and everything are really original.

Although they seem to be fragile, that's probably why they covered them in a hard plastic box lol

I hope for a future version (with better characters and features, so I would want to buy it) they use a similar packaging.

Also the TFs are really smaller than I expected, everybody was complaining about the size but like, I fon't get what's so wrong about it xD

there's something that killed me though, THAT PRICE, 28€ what's about 36$, I know Tamagotchis are still a lot cheaper than most toys, but the unfair price between places makes me mad, I refuse to buy something they sell this way, even if I don't want this version, I want us to have the american price >:I

tf_design_by_utakoloid-d7ysy2a.jpg

I also got an eye in this little guy, I really like the dalmatian and leopard designs, the gem ones are too much like the iD L, and the american ones are way too ugly, this ones are simple and original, so I like them more. Also they don't look that girly at all :)

Also did you realize in the first pictures? They are not in the girls toys section, I'm glad spanish shops still don't see them as something for girls despite the add and comercials (because the fact that the comercial said amigas (Friends - only for girls) instead of amigos (Friends - for both girls and boys) made me really angry)

it made me a little bit happy to see them in the unisex toys ;)

In conclussion, I still don't like this version and I won't buy it, but I have to say good job to BanDai because the packaging and design overall is really good~~

To all of those bashing the Tamagotchi Friends greyscale screen... you do realise you can change the contrast by pressing the B and C button at the same time, right? o.o; That's what I did to lighten the screen from being so dark, and it improved my Tamagotchi Friends experience.

x.Bleachie, don't use that words like we were stupid please: everyone perfectly knows the contrast can be adjusted!

I don't know which TF version do you have, but I can ensure you the European one, even with the lightest and better contrast adjustment, is really really hard to see, unless you have the perfect light in the perfect angle. It is even really hard to play on evening, since artificial lights are not the best! And I have perfect sight with no problems at all: if I'm struggling to see what's on the screen, think to the other kids that might see not so well! Plus, every single TF has different screen with different issues.

So please, don't treat us like we are pretending and complaining out of the nowhere. TF is cute but it has problems, this is not hatred, these are facts.

Before, I didn't even realize these had personalities like the Ps do. Its a wonder why I kept getting Cofferitchi. Lol. I do wish they put something into the info like they did for the Ps. Silly me for not realizing it sooner. That is what we call an... Easter Egg? Hahaha.

I am enjoying it. I have even swapped my design lid around. They should totally get more lids out, they look sweet. It does give it a different feeling too. Then the whole solid having the iDL shell design on the back without going through the front. (BFF) They are in fact all built a little different. Even the tape was different and they all came from the same lot. *shrug*

x.Bleachie, don't use that words like we were stupid please: everyone perfectly knows the contrast can be adjusted!

I don't know which TF version do you have, but I can ensure you the European one, even with the lightest and better contrast adjustment, is really really hard to see, unless you have the perfect light in the perfect angle. It is even really hard to play on evening, since artificial lights are not the best! And I have perfect sight with no problems at all: if I'm struggling to see what's on the screen, think to the other kids that might see not so well! Plus, every single TF has different screen with different issues.

So please, don't treat us like we are pretending and complaining out of the nowhere. TF is cute but it has problems, this is not hatred, these are facts.
I apologize if you mistook my words as if I was talking down to you all, but that was not my intention. I was just letting y'all know in case you didn't. So please, don't lecture me either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Friends, but the shells seems cheaply made.

I first bought the purple one with the painted gems on it. Noticed that the paint started rubbing off where the shell is raised. The shell also had two unattractive gaps at the top where the faceplate was placed.

I later bought a pink one (iDL shell) looked a bit better. But still had the little gaps. Overall I enjoy the TF, I unlocked all the games, still working on the jewelry however haha

I personally find it nice. :D Now that's said, let me explain why.

I ran across a topic started by Eternal Mametchi Fan, where she showed a clip of Toy Testerz or something testing out the Tamagotchi Friends.

I like the idea of the 'bump' feature! And the designs and packaging are neat, too. I think they borrowed a few details from the old Tama versions (presents, friends, etc.). Another thing I LOVE is the idea of sending messages to another Tama. I'm not sure how long it takes to type a message, seeing the Tama Friends has limited buttons.

My only personal complaint is that the size is so big. Big for me, because I am not fond of the v7.

I would enjoy owning a TF, but no one else around here knows what a Tama is (*sighs heavily*) and this TF version stresses it's connection feature, the messages, bump thing, and all that. I would definitely pick one up if a few people around here had the TF Tamas so I could communicate with them and have fun with my own TF Tama. -_-

So yeah. That's basically it.

28 dollars? For a Tamagotchi that isn't the best quality?! Well since I'm too tempted, I SUPPOSE I will buy it and try it out, just for the sake of doing it. :p

I think it's more of a side Tamagotchi. Like, when you are running another one and you feel like you could handle something more but don't want to run another version becase it's too needy or something, this one's just perfect. Now that I'm running my Tama-Go with it I find it the perfect companion for it, and it got much more fun too. Downfalls to it are the screen (not for me since my room's windows let a lot of light enter and I can see it great), the not-that-responsive buttons and the fact that you can't get certain characters if you don't connect it to another TamaFriends. Other than that I like running it and I enjoy it. Though I must admit, my TamaFriends holds a special sentimental value, so maybe that's the reason I like it.

TF was my first tama in many years after my old V3, and it was a huge disappointment for me. Comparing those two I really think that an old V3 is much better. The variability of characters is very poor, there're almost no new features (come on, after so many years?) and the screen is horrible, not talking about size. I stopped playing it after g2, and now I got 4U and enjoying it. It's a shame that Japanese and world lines are so much different in quality and content.

I really wasn't too fond of this one either. I don't remember the sound being that bad though. But I gotta be honest, I was kinda disappointed when I got it. It had been a long while since my v1 (many years), and I still got disappointed. Of course I knew what other tamagotchis could already. This one just happened to be at my toy store, and I hadn't read anything about it. I was very excited. But the first thing that came to my attention was the screen. Very faded compared to the ones I had seen before.

I don't think it's terrible. It just disappointed me that there was so much focus on the bumping feature. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a neat feature, to connect with other gotchis etc. But I'd rather have that as an extra. A bonus. Not the main focus. I should have figured that out, by thinking the name through though :p

I like having a lot of individual features in these creatures, that you can have a lot of fun with on your own. It makes it more worthwhile to me, and I get won't get bored as easily.

Also, I can understand the bigger sized tamagotchis like idl, p's, etc. They got colored screens, they are jampacked with features. Bear with me if my assumption is wrong, but it kinda makes sense that they are that big, having to hold a lot of stuff within. But this one however.. I really don't understand the point of it being this big. It's got nothing special to me, that would make it seem logical. But again I could be wrong.

And I'm not hating on this particular tamagotchi or anything, it just wasn't for me. But I'm sure lots of people will, and are enjoying it. And it's only a plus that it has a lot of cute new characters :)

Why are people still arguing about this...? XD
If I'm the part of the people argueing (the only part it seems?), you are referring to.. I'm not arguing :) . I just wanted to state my opinion as well. I thought it was okay, but I guess it was a bit late, now that I look at the last date someone posted something on this thread.. But I wasn't having an intern argument or discussion with anyone. Just a piece of my mind regarding this tamagotchi.

I like it.

It's weird. I mean, there are scratches on the faceplate and the buttons, the paint is rubbing off on two spots on the silver line (I have the blue jewel one), the dark screen really took me by surprise and while I wouldn't exaggerate that much, the sounds definitely are worse compared to other versions, so this Tamagotchi seems really.. cheaply and quickly made, just for the sake to throw something onto the European/American market. Maybe that's it.

But still. I like it. The sound doesn't bother me too much, I mostly play with sounds off on all my tamagotchis. The scratches? Eh, I have used tamagotchis that are scratched, I don't care about that either. The dark screen? Actually, I got used to it by now! I automatically hold it into the light now when using it, so I don't really have any more problems when using it now.

And the characters are the same as on the P's, which is my favourite tamagotchi, so that's cool. I like it. I like to see the P's characters in just black and white pixels, I actually like the 60 collectibles, they look pretty!, I like the park function.. and yeah.

It has downsides, but I was able to buy it a physical store and I guess I have no interest in hating it, because that would be wasted money, so I'm liking it. :3

And woah, it's really low maintenance! My Cosmotchi turned into a Mametchi while I was at work.. and now it's 6 hours later and I still didn't need to feed him and he still has 3 hearts. That's pretty neat. My P's are starving after four hours...

I actually like the TF, and for $20 it isn't.... awful.

I enjoy the character animations and the new set of characters, I also think that the bump/message feature is pretty neat too. The games are simple and fun, they remind me a lot of the connection era ones. Lastly, the tamagotchi itself isn't demanding, which is really great for me since I have a pretty busy schedule.

There are also a number of things that I really didn't like. The first would have to be the design of the shell - they could have made it either significantly better (with more features) given the size, or significantly smaller (with the same amount of features). Also, the latch covering the battery compartment is truly horrendous. I feel like I'm going to break my tama every time I take it off. I also wish that there was more than just jewelry, not only does it shrink the market to just (or mostly) girls, it's also pretty boring. What happened to items your tamagotchi could play with? Lastly, the poor contrast on the screen is frustrating as well. If you turn the contrast up all the way, it becomes hard to distinguish the foreground from the background. That defeats the purpose of being able to adjust the contrast! Ahh!

Also, the latch covering the battery compartment is truly horrendous. I feel like I'm going to break my tama every time I take it off.
Oh, yes! I was really struggling with that when I got it, afraid of breaking it off and breaking my new tamagotchi, or something. How the heck does Bandai expect children to open this? They would probably either break it or would have to ask their parents everytime. It's kinda... yeah.

But opening the battery cover always is kind of an issue. With the vintage ones you need a specila screwdrivers and soft screws are bad anyway, and the colour ones aren't that easy either, with the poking something into it and pulling weirdly.

I like that they brought back tamagotchi to the U.S., but not in this way. The advertisements, made me mad. Mostly because in big,bold letters, they said "THIS IS FOR GIRLS AND GIRLS ONLY!" That just made me mad. Also, why did they change the logo? What's with all the hearts in it?

EDIT: Sorry I came off like a jerk, but I do like the Tamagotchi itself, just not the advertisements and how they made the logo.

I've gotten my hands on a TF a week ago and I've unlocked both games (cake catch and flower count) thanks to buying a second one. I'd like to add a little review from myself:

I ordered a leopad TF through a Polish ebay-type site. It costed me 90 zł (shipping included) which is same as 16£ due to the fact that I live in a small town where one can find no Carrefour type stores. I got it 2 days later. As soon as I looked at it, I knew it would have to involve more work than I previously expected.I hurriedly opened the package and realized its size.I later figured out why it was this big, bigger than I remembered Tamas were.Itwas a positive surprise to me, that it's AAA batteries-operated. Altohough when I realized we had no such batteries at home, I panicked a little. My dad came with a screwdriver and found the batteries somewhere, calming me down. We opened the device and as soon as I inserted said batteries, I heard a little noise. We closed the tama without problems and I went to set the date and time and of course my birthday. I chose a random egg and it was a girl. About the design, I am a huge fan of leopard print so I liked it.The sounds a.so weren't that horrible. I got used pretty quickly to the contrast of the screen. I couldn't take my eyes off the tama for a few hours from that. Days later I decided that I need a second TF, so I ordered a purple one from the same site. I filled both Tamas' BFF point meter today and bought 30 pieces of jewelry up until today on my leopard TF. I'm now raising the second generation on it. I only wish that the names weren't removed. I always had no problems with coming up with names for my tamas, but I guess other people had or Bandai thought of the name function as useless and thus it was removed.

Sounds: ★★★★★

Features: ★★★★☆

Looks: ★★★★★

Quality: ★★★★☆

TL;DR I like it although it's not perfect. Also please don't bash me. I tried to give an unbiased opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back