Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. App Discussion

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How well does the app work for you?

• It has several major glitches

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time on this site in years, wow.

Haven't played with a tamagotchi since like 6th grade.. I'm a freshman in college now. Heard about the app & checked it out & it brought memories of this site.

I'm not having too much fun with it, but reading through this thread I'm assuming its because its an emulated version of the old tamagotchis or something, or maybe I'm just too old for these now.

Side note: Does that tama chat thing still exist on this site? I think it was only open on Saturdays or something, I don't remember.

yes, TamaCHAT! still exists. on the top bar of the website, click "TamaCHAT!".

My only complaint about the app is the lack of a pause feature. I know the originals didn't have one, but I'd still like to see it added in a future update.

If you are disappointed in this app.

I highly suggest you to get the hachi app, it is not the same as the traditional tamagotchis but it's very a fun little virtual pet.
:D

I just got the app for my phone and kindle, but i dont have any of the freezing issues people were saying. I had the original tamagotchi from 1997, I was 11 at the time, so this is pretty much all I know. It makes me want to see if i can find my egg somewhere at my parents house or buy one of the new versions. My two year old likes to help me play rock paper scissors too, my husband thinks im a weirdo though. Lol! I think its great you can change the shells and backgrounds, it gives it replay value.. The only thing is that i cant figure out how to reset it. The old one just had you hold down A and C, but that doesnt work on this. Anyone know how to do this? Or if its an option yet?

I just got the app for my phone and kindle, but i dont have any of the freezing issues people were saying. I had the original tamagotchi from 1997, I was 11 at the time, so this is pretty much all I know. It makes me want to see if i can find my egg somewhere at my parents house or buy one of the new versions. My two year old likes to help me play rock paper scissors too, my husband thinks im a weirdo though. Lol! I think its great you can change the shells and backgrounds, it gives it replay value.. The only thing is that i cant figure out how to reset it. The old one just had you hold down A and C, but that doesnt work on this. Anyone know how to do this? Or if its an option yet?
Make sure you're in the magnified mode (the little magnifying glass in the upper right corner), and a large reset button will appear on top of the angel form. I'm fairly certain that you can only reset this app after your Tama dies.

it didn't work in my previous cellphone, in the one I've got now it does work fine. but of couse, it will never be like playing with the original one... :blink:

It's good when it works. I mean, it's a OK p1 emulator, but I've noticed a LOT OF PROBLEMS.

It freezes a lot, and second of all, I noticed a glitch where the sprites start looking all glitchy, see: https://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q521/djyellow22/39a13d25be00787ed7bb2dcd61376d4c.jpg

I wish it had the anime characters, or at least the connection ones. :/
I know! It just has boring ugly vintage characters and Mametchi looks HORRIBLE! The vintage Tamagotchi game for GameBoy is much better even though it basically has the same characters because they look cuter and Mametchi looks proper. =D

It kept me entertained until my Tama-Go arrived. That's all I asked of it. I still prefer the actual thing, though.

It's not that much fun at all. It works absolutely perfect for me, no glitches whatsoever. But I honestly think having a real tamagotchi to stuff in your pocket, hook to your backpack, and push little rubbery buttons is more fun. :)

I agree with tamastar133; the app itself works fine for me but it doesn't really have the same affect as a traditional tamagotchi. I like having a little egg in my pocket, not a giant phone(why do these phone companies think bigger is better?). In general, I don't use apps on my phone a lot unless I wanna browse the internet or youtube, which is why I'm not a big fan of the L.I.F.E. App.

Is the Tamagotchi Angel app still planned for release next year? I wonder when we'll get more information on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Tamagotchi Angel app still planned for release next year? I wonder when we'll get more information on this.
I would certainly hope so. I for one cannot wait for more information on the G2 and Angel apps. I'm most interested in seeing what color schemes are used for the adult characters on these - one of the high points of the original Tamagotchi LIFE app for me was the multiple color schemes for the fully grown characters. :)

Does anyone in the UK have it yet, I don't think its available here. If it is Ill have a go at it!

Just posting to let everyone know that there's an update to the app coming in 5 days according to the Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. Twitter account.

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. will release a new update, available for iOS and Android, new characters, games, and much more!
I'm guessing this will be the G2 update. So hyped! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back