Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its because it hasn't happened yet. Its still being posted in... And we haven't felt the need to lock it...

I am still waiting on the "Main Event" Not these... Outfits... Tamagotchi was a toy first and it should be the center... Not ... Clothes...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really feel like giving up now.

I don't trust that they'll make something big after these outfits and webisodes. All I think is that they will release an App. They could do more, like making a new Tamagotchi and TamaTown -- But if they do that -- What's the point of Tamagotchi Life anyway? I think they are doing all this to get more fame/popularity for the App so more people can buy it. If this is true...Not proud.

imageproxy.php

I still don't understand what the heck is going on and what this thread is about like what is Tamagotchi LIFE is it clothes or hair products or actual Tamagotchis or what or it doesn't even have anything to do with Tamagotchis and it's actually just LIFE and that's life, after a few years of living it nothing makes sense anymore what

Thanks Triforceman for recommending this thread.

I'm almost halfway reading here, I know everyone have questions. Do you guys wanted it to be posted here or on a different thread?

I'm almost halfway reading here, I know everyone have questions. Do you guys wanted it to be posted here or on a different thread?
I'd like to suggest you to make a new one exclusively for this discussion. :)

I think I'd have to agree with SailorRosette.

Go ahead. Eh, I have plenty of questions myself. One of them is well.. Is there anything in store for us hardcore tamagotchi fans that you can share?

Also, will we be seeing anything with the connection era characters, eh?

*Takes deep breath*

I've read everything, it is really heart breaking to read negative responses especially when we first aired the webisodes. Bandai JP saw comments/ratings and I have to be honest that I did cry. I am Tamagotchi fan ever since it was released. (I'm old on my way to early 30s and this was my childhood) Tamagotchi LIFE has great intentions and this campaign need our support if we want the products from TamaDepa to be available outside Japan. I am really hustling to help promote this project because I don't want Tamagotchi to be 100% extinct here in the US.

As for the Anime character, the license for it is very expensive... I hope that explains why we only have the digital characters right now, we will get there! We're so delayed Japan is already in Season 5 or 6 for the anime while were still starting from the vintage ones. I know the next question will be "But we've seen the anime characters sold here before, how you guys don't have the license?", It's licensed by Bandai America not us. Bandai JP will not fund and worst cancel Tamagotchi LIFE if this brand fails, we will not see Tamagotchi here in the US anymore... Just like what happened before they started pulling out all the toys in store because it doesn't sell... I don't want that to happen, we're not giving up on this brand.

The question about TL being more geared to women; when I first got offered to do this project I was also confused. Then my boss explained to me that when Bandai was released in Japan, the target market for it was women. That's why all their Tamagotchi designs and toys in Japan are very feminine and princess-like.(Color and deco rhinestones) We had a more unisex color released here in the US, but like I said Tamalife is not Bandai US's campaign. Don't worry every time I get a chance to see my bosses, I always to talk to them about these but we can only take baby steps because were limited right now.

I promise I'll be the voice of our community. I'm not trying to shove Tamagotchi LIFE on everyone's plate because I host their show, I do understand most of you don't like it and I honestly accept that. I'm very happy to be here because I can communicate Tamagotchi fans like myself.

Very interesting stuff Anz. I have to say, I apologize for a lot of the hate shown here. I'm sure I must have caused a lot of stress on your campaign. I do believe that it's because so many of us were shocked by what TAMA LIFE was. It did disappoint me, but I'm willing to stop hating if it'll help tamagotchi. Heck, I'll even download the app. The app itself might be cool, so we'll see.

By the way, do you know anything about tamagotchi ID Ls being released in the UK? Do you know anything about that?

sorry but i'm still sitting right where I was before, I rather keep getting japan tama's off of ebay. I honestly don't even care about bandai america anymore because they don't even listen to their fans

I too have been an original fan. I am just waiting to see some more about this brand.

Doesn't The Tamagotchi Anime air on TV Asahi? I know they are pretty protective of another show Precure/Pretty Cure, as Toei is.

I would love to see some plush again. They seemed to be bought up pretty quickly in my location. A place to carry my precious tamagotchi. ancestors, connections, tamagos, colors... and so on. Not a box, but something soft like a purse or nice bag with pockets.

I think part of this might also include some of the agrivation of TamaTown being down since sometime last year. Many began loosing faith then...

I think most of the confusion and dislike is we don't know exactly whats going on or what we are being offered, my first impressions weren't great but im open to how it will develop^u^ i Got my first tama for my birthday the year it was released and loved them since. Im cheering on and hope it will work out for all of us Tama fans new and old!

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Hm.... I'm still confused on the fashion part, mostly because it only seems to affect big areas, like Hollywood/LA and all that. So I'm going on the assumption that marketing for such things will be kept to the big cities. Who is funding this? Bandai America or Bandai Japan? I mean you guys at Life specifically. I wish to know their target audience and what they're hoping to achieve, as well as questioning if, over time, will it be expanded out to other audiences as well, such as older generations maybe, and of course males.

I guess I can't see the solid connection between clothes and retro-styled handheld games, it almost seems backwards. Logically I'd have done the pet first, clothes after, but that's just a personal opinion.

Let's say, however, things do push through, will we eventually get something worthwhile perhaps? And I'm hoping it won't be something like the Tama-Go 2.0 or something, but I mean something new and exciting, or perhaps a color Tama like Japan has. Or is there a whole different direction being taken? I saw the app thing.... going the route of the Furby maybe? Have a Tama that responds to an app? Might be a farfetched idea, but just wondering. Or is it just a straight up app in and of itself? In which case I cannot utilize it, I do not own a tablet or smartphone.

I understand if you can't fully answer things due to a contract and all, but any light that can be shed without jeopardizing your job would be much appreciated.

sorry but i'm still sitting right where I was before, I rather keep getting japan tama's off of ebay. I honestly don't even care about bandai america anymore because they don't even listen to their fans
You know, I'm starting to think BanDai America and BanDai JP have a relationship similar to Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Japan

Obviously, most things come from the Japanese branch, and most decisions do as well. It reminds me of when Nintendo of America fans were screaming for the localization of three games.. Nintendo did eventually translate those games, but apparently the reason why it took so long was because of internal affairs with Nintendo of Japan who didn't believe it would sell very well or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back