Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really hope that there will be an actual Tamagotchi coming out as well, not just some tacky clothes (no offence to anyone who actually likes them, but I really don't like the colours which they have used...) and an App. You know, not everyone can afford to get an iPhone (or an iPod, or whatever)... I also don't get how the video is promoting a Tamagotchi lifestyle when there wasn't a single Tamagotchi (as in the actual Tamagotchi) featured in it. But, on the other side, I was thinking about the whole "Bandai will not let you down!" comment, and thought that maybe they are kinda doing this on purpose? Because there a few hints that there might be a new Tamagotchi coming soon.
They are testing our faith? lol

Like I've said before, this whole LIFE thing could be for adults and teens, while they work on a new toy for kids.. Which you know, is the thing i'd like!

^Yeah, that actually wouldn't be all that bad I guess.

It does sound like Bandai may have something in the works. Hopefully we'll know something for sure soon.

I have recently found a picture of how the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. clothes are supposed to look like... like I said before, I don't really like them (I prefer pastel colours to bright and dark ones).

I have recently found a picture of how the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. clothes are supposed to look like... like I said before, I don't really like them (I prefer pastel colours to bright and dark ones).
yeah those pictures are all over their facebook page.

IMO Building an "app" pretty much "kills" Tamagotchi itself --- as we all know, Tamagotchi is famous for being its own dedicated standalone toy which we all came to love, which sets it apart from everything else.

If it becomes an app, it's nothing more than just a piece of software installed in everybody's mobile devices. With many Tamagotchi-like apps lying around already, how can it stand out?

Last edited by a moderator:
this could be very interesting seeing as that says a new toy is coming out and we might get a COLOR tamagotchi in English (excluding the ID L E of course)

IMO Building an "app" pretty much "kills" Tamagotchi itself --- as we all know, Tamagotchi is famous for being its own dedicated standalone toy which we all came to love, which sets it apart from everything else.

If it becomes an app, it's nothing more than just a piece of software installed in everybody's mobile devices. With many Tamagotchi-like apps lying around already, how can it stand out?
Very true. I don't own a smart phone myself but my cousin does and one day we were going through all the virtual pet like Apps available because I was curious as to what was out there. There are TONS. It would be impossible for a Tamagotchi app to stand out. And it's funny, because all those apps are pretty much Tamagotchi clones anyway. Tamagotchi is the original and best Virtual pet. But there are just so many clones now that the Tamagotchi app would get lost in the crowd. The original would be overwhelmed by the knockoffs and that's just sad.

Ok, so guys,i was just thinking and MAYBE this might just be my imagination talking, but maybe we arent as un-lucky as we think, MAYBE this is just a test, to see how loyal we are to the brand, MAYBE this is our last chance, MAYBE,. just MAYBE this is all part of a bigger plan, We should really start to support this, or we may have to bear the consequences of never, ever, ever, seeing anything Tama branded again when we go to a store O_O (seriously guys, take my word for it, this is important)

Ok, so guys,i was just thinking and MAYBE this might just be my imagination talking, but maybe we arent as un-lucky as we think, MAYBE this is just a test, to see how loyal we are to the brand, MAYBE this is our last chance, MAYBE,. just MAYBE this is all part of a bigger plan, We should really start to support this, or we may have to bear the consequences of never, ever, ever, seeing anything Tama branded again when we go to a store O_O (seriously guys, take my word for it, this is important)

A brand doesn't "test" people on how "loyal" they are, that's dumb. The only thing they could be doing right now is seeing how much traffic they will get. If the youtube and fb page don't get enough traffic than they wont get a lot of sales, there for they wont bring anything out. BUT seeing as they keep hinting at stuff then that means they ether already have something in production and is waiting to be released OR it really is just an app and bandai america ran itself into the ground.

A brand doesn't "test" people on how "loyal" they are, that's dumb. The only thing they could be doing right now is seeing how much traffic they will get. If the youtube and fb page don't get enough traffic than they wont get a lot of sales, there for they wont bring anything out. BUT seeing as they keep hinting at stuff then that means they ether already have something in production and is waiting to be released OR it really is just an app and bandai america ran itself into the ground.
Guys just seriously trust me on this, if super important, you have to be more supportive! If we dont, who knows what will happen!

I've read through this entire thread and I don't think that Bandai America is going to be releasing a new Tamagotchi toy anytime soon, especially if this L.I.F.E. thing flops (which I'm thinking it might.) I don't think their target market even is going to want to buy their product. It'll be cute and all, but I doubt that many people of their target market cared enough about Tamagotchi in the 90s to want to buy it now, 15 years later; especially if there is not a new toy on the market. But, then again, Bandai has only just released the Tamagotchi brand to Sync Beatz to be marketed on other products, much like Disney characters, etc., so this may or may not be an indication of what's to come in the future of Tamagotchi for America or anywhere but Japan. I do think that the brand has mostly died after the last two Tamagotchis they released (I didn't even buy them when they were out because they seemed silly, and I consider myself a huge fan) and I know very few people IRL that even care about tamagotchis. Even look at how much the traffic on Tamatalk has decreased in the last few years (at least to my knowledge.) It is possible that Bandai America is testing the waters with Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. for a new Tamagotchi toy, but I don't know how well this business venture will play out for them. Time will tell, of course, and if I see some clothes I might wear at a store sometime, I might just buy something. But for now, if Tamatalk's response is any indication of the success of L.I.F.E., it seems to be doomed to fail.

I've read through this entire thread and I don't think that Bandai America is going to be releasing a new Tamagotchi toy anytime soon, especially if this L.I.F.E. thing flops (which I'm thinking it might.) I don't think their target market even is going to want to buy their product. It'll be cute and all, but I doubt that many people of their target market cared enough about Tamagotchi in the 90s to want to buy it now, 15 years later; especially if there is not a new toy on the market. But, then again, Bandai has only just released the Tamagotchi brand to Sync Beatz to be marketed on other products, much like Disney characters, etc., so this may or may not be an indication of what's to come in the future of Tamagotchi for America or anywhere but Japan. I do think that the brand has mostly died after the last two Tamagotchis they released (I didn't even buy them when they were out because they seemed silly, and I consider myself a huge fan) and I know very few people IRL that even care about tamagotchis. Even look at how much the traffic on Tamatalk has decreased in the last few years (at least to my knowledge.) It is possible that Bandai America is testing the waters with Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. for a new Tamagotchi toy, but I don't know how well this business venture will play out for them. Time will tell, of course, and if I see some clothes I might wear at a store sometime, I might just buy something. But for now, if Tamatalk's response is any indication of the success of L.I.F.E., it seems to be doomed to fail.
seriously, just take my word for it, we need to be more supportive!

Guys just seriously trust me on this, if super important, you have to be more supportive! If we dont, who knows what will happen!
As much as I wanted to be supportive of this L.I.f.e. thing, it's not aimed for me. I'm a guy in my 20s and what have I got to do with overly pink ladies' clothes with pixellated icons? What have I got to do with the latest ladies' fashion trends?

As for testing for brand loyalty... they don't have to do that. There is a term called "feasibility study" that a company should conduct first before releasing products to see its market viability. And apparently, they either:

a) did not conduct a study; or

b ) performed market research on an entirely different demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back