Tamagotchi Target Audience

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont wory! once i showed my music star 2 a boy and he said ''Oh! i love tamagotchis!'' dont sweat it! :ichigotchi:

Ya... I agree, They have gotten really girly... I still enjoy them but I've seen very few designs that could "cut it" for being boy-ish designs. With that said, I've seen many girly ones, to every 4-5 girl tamas they have maybe one boy one... Or one "unisex" design...

It might be a good idea to e-mail them ideas for shells/designs on tamagotchi. YOU e-mail them. Then you can say you gave them ideas. Maybe request characters too.... (With pictures or very descriptive chracter desgins.)

:mellow: :angry: :angry: :angry: I know!!!!!!!!! why do they make it all girlish i mean im a boy and maybe if they made boy designs too some of my friends would like them too. :angry: :D

See, I'm not really bothered. Everyone knows I collect them and if anybody says anything I just ask what their problem is and how does it affect them what I choose to spend my money on. I couldn't care less; just means their life is a little more boring.

I guess it comes as part of the package though. They overlook that because cosplaying, reading voluntarily, being transgender, drawing and nearly everything else that's fun is looked down on at being childish or stupid it seems. :angry

Personally, I find TamaTown cute. It could just do with a few more features.

Tamagotchi's were cool when they were 'in fashion' at my school, because everyone had them and i met more friends that way!

I still play them, i dont care what ANYBODY says! I even walk around playing my Tama sometimes.

My friends don't mind if i play it, i guess thats what makes them real friends..

Cya! :lol:

I totally agree - and it's not just the designs!

Tamagotchis are also much easier than they used to be. The focus is less on raising them well, and more on gimmicks and interaction with the website. Heck, the manual doesn't even tell you which characters are well-raised or poorly-raised anymore.

Not that I don't like the site and new features, but what's wrong with having your care dictate how healthy/pretty your character is? I think they're scared they'll hurt kids feelings or something when they see that they got a bad character. =/

I know Bandai has a big fanbase of kids to cater to, but I wish they'd make some more challenging gotchis. The older fans would go nuts!

Wow I know exactly how you feel! I went to Walmart to go looking for a Tamagotchi and I had to go through all the little barbie and pretty pink princess aisles! Sure I'm a girl but people would think it's a little strange for a teenager to be walking down an aisle full of pink ponies and princess dolls looking for a Tamagotchi. I just wish they weren't in those aisles and I especially feel sad for all the boys who have to walk down those pink doll aisles looking for Tamagotchis!

to a certain degree i understand. but i personally enjoy the whole little kid look to it. ;) because..well its cute. :angry:

for the store part i completely agree. where i happened to get my v.5(walmart!) i had to walk into an isle with barbie dolls :) im almost 15..barbie dolls? i dont think so. sooo! just because i didnt want to be caught by anyone i might happen to know, or just anyone i dont want seeing me in that isle i called up a friend and was talking to her pretending like i was calling someone asking if it was a tamagotchi they wanted and what colors. she played along to make it seem like i possily purchasing this for a younger sibling or something. how unfortunate i wish i didnt care so much about how random people think about me still liking to look at toys. :D

to a certain degree i understand. but i personally enjoy the whole little kid look to it. :) because..well its cute. :mellow: for the store part i completely agree. where i happened to get my v.5(walmart!) i had to walk into an isle with barbie dolls :angry: im almost 15..barbie dolls? i dont think so. sooo! just because i didnt want to be caught by anyone i might happen to know, or just anyone i dont want seeing me in that isle i called up a friend and was talking to her pretending like i was calling someone asking if it was a tamagotchi they wanted and what colors. she played along to make it seem like i possily purchasing this for a younger sibling or something. how unfortunate i wish i didnt care so much about how random people think about me still liking to look at toys. :eek:
I'm 23 years old and I don't care what people say or think about me when I go to the toy isle and look at the tamagotchis. People can think or say what they want. If tamagotchis make you happy, then it shouldn't matter who thinks what or who says what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back