Tamagotchi VS Parents

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the original poster- If you still live with your parents, and you are not yet a legal adult and yadda yadda, then I sugest trying to cut back on your tama-time a little. I know it might seem like your parents are just picking on you or something, but generaly (and I say that, because I do know parents who have nothing better than to nit pick about their children's lives) your parents just want the best for you. They probably feel that you are letting tamas control your life. Any hobby, if it controls your life and gets in the way of other things, can become a bad thing. Just cut back your tama-time a little. Help out around the house. Study a bit more. Go out and hang with friends. Maybe your parents will relize that no, you're not letting tamas control your life. If they persist, post an anomynous poll on here asking for age ranges. They might be surprised by how many older people actualy play with tamagotchi (I know several, in fact).

Also, I don't know how old your parents are, but I know mine (and I"m in my early 20's) are completely baffled by tech toys. My parents don't understand why I like video games so much, or anime, or other things. This is partly because these things were'nt around when THEY were kids. When we're old and have kids, I'm sure they'll have some amazing toy that we'll be confused by. Instead of trying to get angry with your parents, try to calmly explain to them what tamagotchis are, and why you like them. Tell them about your freinds (real life, not internet friends) who like tamagotchis. If you don't know anyone, make friends with someone.

To violetlovesgum - I know the feeling. While I still live with my parents, they don't understand alot of my hobbies. Especialy my mother. I have a big collectors personality, which I inherited from my father. Mom doesn't actively collect much of anything. My dad understands my collections and hobbies a bit because of his own collections and hobbies. He doesn't understand WHY I collect what I do, or have a particular hobby, but he understands that it makes me happy, and as long as I"m not blowing every last red cent on said hobbies he's happy. Try to find a hobby that your parents have and find a way to equate tamas to their hobby.

*poofs out of nowhere* I have returned from my extremely long break away from here...O.O

continuing, i'm fourteen..my parent's really don't care... i really wouldn't know what to do in this situation.... O.O

My parents dont care for it at all.sometimes i get a little anoid though because

all (except one)Of my friends think that tamas are overated. ^_^ :D :D

My mother threw my V2 out the window once because I was too busy playing with it. But she was incredibly pi**ed at the time, so I don't hate her for it. I'm just glad my tamagotchi was in one piece after that. Angry asian women= f33r.

Otherwise, my parents don't give a hoot about my playing with tamagotchis. My dad just thinks the beeping is annoying, so I mute it when he's around. My mom doesn't usually care what I do, unless it interferes with my studying or deters my attention towards her.

when your parents tell you not to play it pretend you get board of it, then start beging for a puppy they should let you play it again in a hurry! lol :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi:

I am one of the lucky ones, I would say from reading these posts.

My Dad likes to see me use them, we had a bet this summer that I couldn't keep my v5 alive until school started (About a month and a half) he bet me $60. AT first I was a bit scared, because I didn't have $60 to loose, and because I had never been able to keep a Tamagotchi alive that long. I went with it though, and I ended up winning. :3

My mom, she's the one who lets me buy them, :3 So she doesn't mind. Being that I have 8 or 9, and I've only been a fan for about a year... :3 Since mid-v3

So, They don't mind. I get good grades, and I don't bring them to school. Ehh.

maybe you should give a little time to your tamagotchi and give time with your studies!!!,,,just promize them that you'll study hard but just dont get your tamagotchi away,,,,but make sure that you'll make your promize is true,,my parents told me that if my grades improve up they'll buy more tamagotchis as a reward,,

"you may talk to your parents heart to heart so they could understand you better"

I'm definetly not as interested in Tamas as I used to be (partly because I just am not, and partly because all of mine are out of batteries right now :p ). When I got my first Tamagotchi four or five years ago, it was a light purple V1 (yeah, THAT long ago! LOL!). I was younger then and really didn't know how to play with it. I didn't know any of the character names, how to get really good at the games, and I never even got past the toddler stage. I was definetly interested, just too young to really understand it. My parents didn't mind me playing with it. I mainly took care of it and it was always on pause (another mistake I made).

One or two years later, I was older and I decided to buy another Tama. It was a V2. I was more into it then (and could actually get it to evolve this time), but I still didn't know much about them. Then...I got a V4. WHOLE different story.

With my V4, I was like obsessed. Not like to the point that it was mentally dangerous or anything (my parents would SO be on my case, they're both psychologists ;) ), but I was constantly reading on the internet about them and talking about them. THEN my mom got pretty annoyed. It's not like she got really mad or anything, but she was just pretty sick of hearing "Tamagotchis this" and "Tamagotchis that" 24/7. So I laid off a little bit. I was still into them and kept buying them, but I wasn't as addicted to them as I was.

So, the lesson of the story is that as long as you're still focusing on your family and friends and school, yeah, it's perfectly fine to love Tamas. I still like them a lot and my dad actually told me once that he was proud of me for taking such good care of them. Tamagotchis are fun little toys that teach care and responsibility. Oh, and for all of you that have been teased about being adults and still playing with Tamas, keep on playing! Tamagotchis are great, and as long as you don't let them control your life, there's no reason to stop playing or to worry about your parents, however old or young you may be :eek: .

My parent's think they're a waste of money and they always ask "Why do you need another one?".

I have one or two of every version, why stop collecting them?

They really don't effect my studying time or anything because I play them while I'm studying, they really aren't time consuming.

well my mom doesn't hate tamas it is just the only fact that she doesn't want me to play with it during school and homework

My parents have nothing against Tamagotchies, they even buy them for me. :) But sometimes they say things like "You still wanna buy one? I didn't know you still like toys..." and that's bothering me. ^_^ No offense!

my parents dont mind but I will give you some tips on convincing your parents they are ok.

1.do homework and schoolwork before you play with your tamagotchi

2.dont bring your tamagotchi to school until your parents really trust you with it

3.tell your parents that they are something you enjoy but they wont get in your way with school work

hope this advice helps!

My Parents don't mind me Playing with my Tamas. My Mum even helps me Look after them sometimes.

As long as I have everything done, I'm free to play with them.

If you're paying for it, I really don't see the issue.

However, if your grades really ARE declining, shape up. Even though you may deny it, the Tamagotchi(s) are most likely at least /part/ of the issue. Work as hard as you can and (the horror!) pause it while you're doing your homework/studying.

If your grades aren't declining, just ignore them. They're most likely just confused as to why you still play with them. It's your hobby, not there's, and if it's not having much of a negative effect they can't say anything against it.

If they say you can't play with it anymore for no reason, sneak it. It isn't that tough. I do that all the time with listening to my iPod/watching anime/reading books. My mom has extreme mood swings and drinks too much for I to /not/ have to deal with sneaking--you're probably not in a similar situation, but I've found that turning on the shower for 20 minutes and sitting in the bathroom doing what you're not supposed to works, walking your dog if you have one while doing whatever it is works, doing it late at night works, etc. It's easy to get around pointless things.

Again, if they're saying that because your grades have gone down, fix your grades and study/do homework right when you get home without Tama. They'll be happy.

Well my mom doesn't hate tamagotchis is just that when I do something wrong she takes it away from me. I love my mom and my tamagotchi and I both respect them but when it gets too out of hand then my mom takes away my tamagotchi. Well she tells me to put it in her room but I pause it first so it won't die. If you get it taken away from your mom or dad just pause it first.

My mom doesn't really care, but she calls them "stupidos." She hasn't taken them away in the past few months.... YET.... but then again, she couldn't care less, anyway.

I am one of the unlucky ones here with this dilemma, because my parents believe that Tamas distract my studying, and they think that playing with them is a waste of time. I know that if I tell them that caring for Tamas can help me develop caring and responsibility, etc. they would just think that it's 'little kids' stuff'. I know I need to respect my parents and understand that they have high hopes for me, but on the other hand Tamagotchi is one of my interests, and nobody has the right to stop me participating in my hobbies! Does anybody else here have parents who hate Tamas and have the same issues?
TRUE!!!

my mom thinks they distract me from my studying..

i mean...leave the poor little critters alone! they don't distract me! :D

My mom and sisters told me that Tamagotchi's are for little Kids, but they still allow me to buy.

I have 5 right now and I just turned 14 today.

You should try proving yourself worthy of having a Tamagotchi.

Tell them that you can pause your Tamagotchi while Studying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back