**TamaTown PROBLEMS - DISCUSSION** (Now closed)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it's not THAT unbelievable that a site would just go down after a predetermined amount of time. Many sites have similar set ups but the demand is usually greater so they usually re-new the allotted time before it completely shuts down. With it being such a clean "wipe" meaning although many can still pull the site up, they can't log on or make new accounts, it leads me to believe they only allowed a couple years time for the site to run since they new that the tama craze was beginning to die down after v4.5-v5 release and they didn't want to continue to pour money into a "dying" fad. Sure people are complaining but it's just not a lucrative business venture for them anymore. Maybe if they made a new tama, they'd reopen the sites but with the trends of tamas, we'll probably be waiting 5+ years for a new tama (First P1-P2s in 1996 and then the connections starting in 2004) and by then, they probably STILL won't reopen those old tamatowns.

It's not really pessimistic, just purely business.

I am totally thinking sever dump. That includes accounts, awards, game records... They may still have the base of tamatown but all of the user data is gone.

Shame... They could make a really cool App. Get a few more people involved (fans) and collaborate with them for ideas. They did say I believe tama life had an App... Maybe they are moving it to an App for Apple, Droid and Smart phone users... It would make since. Its a lot easier to track that way. Then people who want a boost can "buy/invest" in the boost... Profit. Many people have used codes they haven't earned... Atleast this way, to have something faster/better, they can profit.

I am totally thinking sever dump. That includes accounts, awards, game records... They may still have the base of tamatown but all of the user data is gone.

Shame... They could make a really cool App. Get a few more people involved (fans) and collaborate with them for ideas. They did say I believe tama life had an App... Maybe they are moving it to an App for Apple, Droid and Smart phone users... It would make since. Its a lot easier to track that way. Then people who want a boost can "buy/invest" in the boost... Profit. Many people have used codes they haven't earned... Atleast this way, to have something faster/better, they can profit.
I love that idea!

Anyways I just sent a email to Bandai hopefully they respond soon.

Glad it's not just me having these issues. I just recently started up my Music Star again and was getting pretty frustrated with this whole fiasco. It doesn't even recognize my login information properly... and don't even get me started on trying to retrieve a password. Ugh.

Got an email from bandai and I do not like their responce

look here (sorry I can`t post the picture up directly!) https://i47.tinypic.com/fk1xr4.png

That`s crazy! They want more detail on it! Do they even know what has happened to the site? Well I will give it another go and see what happens explaining in more detail even though I am pretty sure they know what happened.

Well, perhaps they don't. Afterall, they don't use it probably since it's boring to play with something you made yourself(I know this out of experience since I'm a calculator programmer).

I also tweeted something to them another time and the person said he ha problems too and would ask around.

Your email gives us still some hope. So if you reply saying that it's not exactly down but that you can register and sign in, and that it doesn't work for anybody, that'd probably be best.

Well, perhaps they don't. Afterall, they don't use it probably since it's boring to play with something you made yourself(I know this out of experience since I'm a calculator programmer).

I also tweeted something to them another time and the person said he ha problems too and would ask around.

Your email gives us still some hope. So if you reply saying that it's not exactly down but that you can register and sign in, and that it doesn't work for anybody, that'd probably be best.
Yes that could be true. Still hope they can find whats wrong though.

I just tried it again....nothing worked...I couldnt even find my EMAILS htat I NEVER DELETED in my email! They were gone, just like THAT. I even tried to make a new account but couldnt get past the 'print' page..... I am TIRED of this! Down ever since May, 2012! I mean REALLY, BanDai? Almost a FULL YEAR of TamaTown being down and you dont do ANYTHING about it? :angry:

Got an email from bandai and I do not like their responce

look here (sorry I can`t post the picture up directly!) https://i47.tinypic.com/fk1xr4.png

That`s crazy! They want more detail on it! Do they even know what has happened to the site? Well I will give it another go and see what happens explaining in more detail even though I am pretty sure they know what happened.
Whoa! Not a robo-responce. That is crazy cool.

They need to not be close or on the same server testing. They need to go to another town and try it. They would understand it better. Being right where the server is, it would probably act normal because they have a local feed.

It has been quite a time since Tamatown was working... And working properly. I remember sometime last year logging it was down. Now those feelings everybody had then can take effect. Lol. It already has been, but some people really need to look at the emails. One would think they get a count of tamatown issue emails. The server was barfing a bit last year... That should have been the sign to Tamatown going down...

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing Lala0629's post I have also sent them a message so have to wait n see what comes back now.

BanDai finally sent me an email after about 1 month prior to me sending it and they said this:

K-Lyn:

Please forgive the delay in our reply.  Due to unforeseen circumstances, our response time took much longer than our usual standard.

Tamatown is still going through maintenance and might return to full functionality but there is no release date set if it does do so.

Thank you,

Bandai America

Customer Service

On the bright side they might "finish" maintenance but we have no gaurentee.

BanDai finally sent me an email after about 1 month prior to me sending it and they said this:

*mail*

On the bright side they might "finish" maintenance but we have no gaurentee.
That's a pretty interesting response. No guarantee that it's closed for good, nor a guarantee that it will ever reopen. I guess it's better information than none at all.

Its quite interesting that you got a proper responce as I lot be for have looked like automated messages. I do think its a possibility that they might be adding more content to TamaTown to tie in with Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. some how, as after all a new tama has been a rumer from what we can tell.

I still havent had a reply to my message I hope its not going to be a month like yours was.

TamaTown has not been working for me for ages now, and I am glad that it's site maintenance, not just my computer. I hope that they will finish the maintenance soon; who knows, there might be a completely new TamaTown coming soon...

I got an email from bandai saying something about updates https://i50.tinypic.com/64fo9l.jpg

TamaTown has not been working for me for ages now, and I am glad that it's site maintenance, not just my computer. I hope that they will finish the maintenance soon; who knows, there might be a completely new TamaTown coming soon...
It would be cool if there were a new tamatown, but I really miss this one already :( . Just maybe, maybe tamatown will be running buy summer 2013. or sooner even :) .

When I tried logging on onto TamaTown this morning, I have already noticed some changes. Unfortunately, I can't understand Portuguese...

That sure was...... Odd you could only click protégés and you just play the same kuchipatchi raft game over and over how odd........ They better fix it

The fact that they have even done anything with it this far makes me 85% sure that someday they'll have it back up, if not then they might have an all new tamatown, which probably would go hand-in-hand with a new tamagotchi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back