Tattoos

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if you want a tattoo, make sure it is something you are willing to show your grandchildren when you are all old and wrinkly. I have 3 tattoos myself. I have 5 if you count the ones that I got covered up because I was stupid and young and thought it was cool. I have a gorgeous butterfly on my right shoulder blade, it is covering a severe mistake I made when I was 12, and I have a celtic knot design on my left wrist which is covering up my ex's name from when I was 14, and I have 3 dots on my left hand between my index finger and thumb, which was also a mistake, but if I were to do anything to cover it up it would look tacky because it would have to be something bigger than what is already there. My Butterfly cost me either 250 or 450 dollars (me and the hubby got tattoos at the same time, but I can never remember whos cost what lol)
Tattoos can be a work of art if you do them tastefully, if you cover your entire body, it can look like one big blur of color or it can look nice, it all depends on the style of the tattoos, the detail, wether they are black and white or color, etc. I want to get 1 more tattoo, and I had the money to do it once, but decided not to, but I want to do it again, and that is a cute monkey with the name Joey under it for my son who we call Mr. Monkeyman because he climbs on everything lol.

Ive never heard the myth that you cannot get an epideral if you have a tattoo in the epideral site. I dont have a tattoo there, but thinking back on my epideral when my son was born I dont see why it would cause a problem....I am gonna ask my doctor on monday when I go in and get back to you guys on that lol.
Well said.

I'm looking into with my friend Jon in getting matching tatts for our 10th year anniversary of our friendship. Right now we're at 7. We just gotta both decide what we both are getting. I suggested the chinese/japanese symbol for friendship followed by each other's zodiac symbols. Obviously it isn't written in stone yet and we both have time to get it.

I got a tear tatoo on my wrist, it's really cool, but my mom think's its ugly..

I think tattoo's are really cool, and can mean alot of things!

If I would get one (Thats a 1% chance) I would get a very small one. I would not want to go through the pain just to get a picture on your skin :/

One of my friends and I are gonna get matching tattoos when we are older.

If you have watched Life On The Murder Scene, we are gonna get the grenade.

*nod*

If it's not really meaning anything, chances are you will regret it later because it was 'just a phase' if you will.

Why people get Chinese? I dunno, really. I guess it... looks cool? I dunno! I have a reason, now, though. Actually it might be more wierd if someone that new Chinese got a character tattoo because if you just have one English word on your arm [flower, for instance] that might be wierd! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have anything against tatoos,but I don't like having one on me.I don't like icky stuff on my skin that never goes away o.o

As much as I love speaking Chinese, I don't think I would get a Chinese character(Hanzi) tattooed on me. Partially because I have 3 other ideas already, and also because I can't really think of any that move me enough to have them on me permanently. Except maybe my given Chinese name, Bai Li. It's special to me, but I wouldn't tattoo it on myself.

Sometimes they look really nice on people, though, particularly when there is a story behind them!

Oh, Sweet Kandi, your tattoos are awesome. They look really nicely done!

As much as I love speaking Chinese, I don't think I would get a Chinese character(Hanzi) tattooed on me. Partially because I have 3 other ideas already, and also because I can't really think of any that move me enough to have them on me permanently. Except maybe my given Chinese name, Bai Li. It's special to me, but I wouldn't tattoo it on myself.
Sometimes they look really nice on people, though, particularly when there is a story behind them!

Oh, Sweet Kandi, your tattoos are awesome. They look really nicely done!
Hanzi? Is that one of the other dialects? I'm learning Mandarin. ^_^ My name [not directly translated] is Mei Hui.

My uncle has a fly on his back- but not just any fly. It's a neat meaning. When he was younger he used to pick apart flies, pull their wings off and all [guesome, I know! xP]. Even though they were going to die and getting their limbs ripped off, they still fought for their life. He said he respected that and got a tattoo to symbolize that.

I think that's a really cool meaning. It's different and means something personaly.

He also has his old band logo [it looks cool! xD] and a matching bird with his wife. They were on their honeymoon in Costa Rica and there was a bird thing on a beer can and they liked it so much they got it tattooed on! LOL! It'd be kinda wierd if that beer came here... but it means something to them and that's all that counts anyway.

Ugh. Tattoos are absolutely disgusting. They make people look like trash, especially women. My advice to anyone thinking about getting one: DON'T GET ONE! They really are not nice.

And when you get older and your skin is wrinkling and stuff, what is your tattoo going to look like? It will be all faded and stretched out? And what are you going to tell your grandkids when they ask about it?

Seriously ppl, think about 'short and long term affects'

Ugh. Tattoos are absolutely disgusting. They make people look like trash, especially women. My advice to anyone thinking about getting one: DON'T GET ONE! They really are not nice.
And when you get older and your skin is wrinkling and stuff, what is your tattoo going to look like? It will be all faded and stretched out? And what are you going to tell your grandkids when they ask about it?

Seriously ppl, think about 'short and long term affects'
I agree. I only like those cute little washable tattoos.

That is your personal opinion though, but I do agree that if you are going to get one, then make sure it is something that you are willing to live with the rest of your life. It will most likely stretch and fade like you said, but if you are expecting it and are ok with it, then by all means, make your own choice.

I think tattoos can be sexy, manly, or downright disgusting depending on the style you do it in and the location....location, unbeknownst to most people, is extremely important when it comes to tattoos. You dont want a huge honking tattoo on your ankle, where a smaller tattoo would look better.

^^Location is definantly important to the look of your tattoo. I think certain ones do look trashy in certain locations, but I think that average-to-small sized tattoos put in decent, easy to cover places can look really good. Sometimes people have huge dark tattoos on small areas of their body and that looks odd to me.

And I totally agree that they should be meaningful, not just "cool" looking. The three tattoo options I like are ones that I know personally I would never regret. Plus, I would never get laser removal, it is painful and it looks even creepier afterwards than the tattoo originally did. o.o

I have had a few tattoos planned out for a few years, which i am confident

I want and will be proud of all my life. I think they can be beautiful, sexy, and an extension of yourself. I do believe your body can be a canvas.

Aubrey, I love the story about Chiffon, and I think that would be a wonderful tattoo. You are absolutely right about it being a miracle. She sounds like a very special fish. *smile*

If it has some sort of special meaning to it, and you put it in the right spot without it being too big or too small, then I think it can be a nice thing to do. ^^

I want a white rose with blood dripping off it tatooed as high up on the side of my neck as possible! I also want a black + purple gothic butterfly tatooed on my lower back, but the rose idea is my fave!

I want a white rose with blood dripping off it tatooed as high up on the side of my neck as possible! I also want a black + purple gothic butterfly tatooed on my lower back, but the rose idea is my fave!
You would really want to get a tattoo on your neck? Well, you'll have to make sure you really want it, because it pretty much can't be undone. :D

Aubrey, I love the story about Chiffon, and I think that would be a wonderful tattoo. You are absolutely right about it being a miracle. She sounds like a very special fish. *smile*
-nodnod-

You could get a little fish on your ankle so if you ever had to cover it up for a ob you could. My teacher had a tattoo and she had to wear a bandaid over it when she wore short sleeve shirts. xP

I Don't approve or disapprove for tattoos. I'm more for temporary tattoos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back