Teen Pregnancy.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure where I stand with this situation. Sometimes it works, others, not really. My mom was a teenage mother.. Well, she got pregnant her junior year. In 6th grade, a friend of mine had a baby. That was WAY to young. Another had one last year, 8th grade. Lastly, a really good friend of mine is having a baby later this year, she's at 10 weeks. I wouldn't be able to do it, but if their family's supporting it, I don't see why they shouldn't go for it.

The condoms don't always work, they do break, and birth control only works if you take it everyday. If you skip a day, you have a better chance of getting pregnant.

But back on topic, if the person that's pregnant is physically AND emotionally ready for the baby, then she should have it. Personally, I'm against abortion, but if she doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions, its her choice.

In the bible it says that it before marriage is a sin. I'm a christian, yes, but i believe that a teen pregnancy is a gift from god. All babies are. Gods not gonna deny one person for a simple mistake that 2 people made because they weren't thinking. God knows everyones lives before they are born. He decides what ur gonna do and how ur gonna do it. If he decides ur gonna be a teen parent then he wont deny you or anything. Yes you should use protection but thats not gonna stop teen pregnancy. Its gonna happen wheather we like it or not. All i'm saying is that you should use protection and if u get pregnant gods not gonna deny you. he forgives, dont forget it.

xoxo

im against it because well...heres the reasons!

1. The teen may be proporly not ready to handle a baby.

2. Hard to find a babysitter.

3. you might get made fun of for being fat instead of pregnant.

and i heard in someones post that somebody in there class was born when there mom was 15. o_O and my one of my cousins is 15...thank god hes a boy! :furawatchi:

Quite a lot of teen parents don't have jobs or places to live. I was watching "16 and Pregnant" on MTV a few nights ago, and this teen couple was going from the girl's mom's house, to his Grandma's house, and to his mom's house every couple of days. Is this really any life for a new baby? And the teen mom was complaining about how the baby woke up during the night for feeding and diaper changing, and that she had no freedom any more and couldn't hang out with her friends, who she hardly saw any more. I think with all the couples in a stable relationship (married) who can't have a child of their own would love to adopt such a baby, and give it all the love and care it deserves.

Im 13 and I am very opinionated on this type of stuff.

If your a teen you feel ready, taking birth control plus protection you go on and do it. I would say talk to you parent first then do it.

If a teen gets pregnant. I could give a crap. Their lif is over. Because she wanted to do it so bad she now has to drop out to take care of this child. Most teens keep their kid which is okay but you wouldnt have to give up your education if you used a condom. (if the condom broke I might give a crap)

Quite a lot of teen parents don't have jobs or places to live. I was watching "16 and Pregnant" on MTV a few nights ago, and this teen couple was going from the girl's mom's house, to his Grandma's house, and to his mom's house every couple of days. Is this really any life for a new baby? And the teen mom was complaining about how the baby woke up during the night for feeding and diaper changing, and that she had no freedom any more and couldn't hang out with her friends, who she hardly saw any more. I think with all the couples in a stable relationship (married) who can't have a child of their own would love to adopt such a baby, and give it all the love and care it deserves.
I watch that show(and Teen Mom) religiously. Some of the parents(moms mostly) actually do an ok job given their situation. The one you mentioned wasn't one of the better ones. Most of them this season are actually a bit lazy. I like these shows because they don't glorify teen pregnancy. They show it for what it is. Hard work and a lot of sleepless, party-less nights.

Some of the girls, like the ones who end up as single teen moms with "expletive" baby daddies I feel sorry for, because they don't deserve the way their treated by said baby daddies, but in a way I don't feel bad because the situation could have been avoided by not having the baby in the first place.

Watching these shows have kind of swayed my views of teen pregnancy to a certain degree.

I think if you are willing to give up your childhood and freedoms as a teen, have the support you and the baby need, and can actually care for it(can go into "mom-mode") then keep the baby. If not, then don't.

The only problem with my views is you don't always know if you CAN do it until the baby is there, and for some that might be seen as "too late".

Before condoms and birth control, if you had sex, you had a baby.

Obviously though, we do now have ways to prevent pregnancy, so there isn't really anything anyone can do to stop teens having sex. It's your decision, but sex is reproduction. If you have the support (financially and emotionally) then you know, you can look after a baby. If not, don't have one.

I think you should at least finish your education before you make hasty decisions. There's no denying you need money to look after a baby. To have money, you need a job. To have a job, you need a decent education.

You need to be emotionally mature enough, too, to have a baby. I know you can argue that the mother can be mature, but their parents and/or their boyfriend might not be. I think you should just wait until you know you can look after a baby. I don't think you can look after one on your own, therefore, make sure both you and your partner know what having sex could lead to.

I agree with the "babies having babies" quote. To me, I really dont feel bad for teens who end up pregnant so young because they know there is a chance they can get pregnant, unless its rape but that is a way different topic. People can do whatever they want. :/
Noone expects people to feel sorry for them; They do know theres a chance of pregnacy when they have sex & obviously they're ready to take a chance like that .

Before condoms and birth control, if you had sex, you had a baby.
Obviously though, we do now have ways to prevent pregnancy, so there isn't really anything anyone can do to stop teens having sex. It's your decision, but sex is reproduction. If you have the support (financially and emotionally) then you know, you can look after a baby. If not, don't have one.

I think you should at least finish your education before you make hasty decisions. There's no denying you need money to look after a baby. To have money, you need a job. To have a job, you need a decent education.

You need to be emotionally mature enough, too, to have a baby. I know you can argue that the mother can be mature, but their parents and/or their boyfriend might not be. I think you should just wait until you know you can look after a baby. I don't think you can look after one on your own, therefore, make sure both you and your partner know what having sex could lead to.
This.

~Mew

I'm 13, and I find this subject very interesting.

IMO, teen pregnancy should try to be avoided at all costs, because every Friday night when that teen mother's friends would be at night clubs and parties, she'd be caring for a baby. You should be able to enjoy your teen years because you only get to be a teen once. If I was a mother, the only way I'd approve of teen pregnancy was if my daughter was absolutely sure she wanted to do this, that she wouldn't give up, and that she would be the best mother possible. I guess that's all you can do sometimes. I don't believe in abortion, either. I think that if someone brings a life into the world, they're responsible for it.

But that's just my opinion.

Ok here we go for a long post. It is a sin. But a child is a gift from god. He knew u before u were born, he had ur whole life ahead of u and if a baby was in plan at 14,15,16,17,18 or whatever then it is what it is. And not all teen parents go out and party on fridays and saturdays and get drunk and stuff. I know a girl from my church that had a baby girl at 16 and shes a wonderful mom. She doesnt go party or anything. Plus if u've ever seen teen mom or 16 and pregnant, half the moms dont go party, they stay home with there kids and would rather be with them. 2 examples are Maci and Chelsea. They both have gone out but thhey put there kids before that. Thats a good mature parent. And to top it off theyre both SINGLE teen moms. Both of the baby daddys ran from there responsibilities. They couldnt handle it. They have wayy wayyyy wayyyyyyy less resposibility than the mom. It killed me to hear them say that. Both of the dads are pathetic and mean and they dont deserve to have them and theyre kids. If they didnt want a kid they shouldnt have done it. And that does to all guys and even the girls. If u dont want a baby dont do it! And if u want to, take all precautions. BC, condoms, whatever. but it sickens me to say it was an accident. It wasn't an accident. If it was an accident u would have used a condom and u coulda got pregnant by accident. wow.

another thing is i hate how churches say that if u have sex then ur goin straight to hell (well dont say it but its pretty much there). well then practically most of the teenage population, christian or not, would be in hell. I know alot of people that are teen parents and that are still christians. I know another lady who had her first kid at 17 and has 6 now. One of them is even my best friend :) if my future kid got pregnant at 16 or 15 or whatever i would suppport them and help them as much as i can. im not saying its okay but if u know it was a mistake and god knows that, he'll forgive u. Thats one of the most important things, god forgives ur mistakes. why else would he have created u? im always gonna let my kids know that i'll be there for them through whatever.

well now im done, byee

I look at it this way too: How about if you had a teenage girl who wound up PG, and decided to keep it, then when baby was born, she dumped it on you and took off? This happened to a friend of mine. My friend and I used to go out and party on Saturday nights, and she got back some of the good times she missed out on when she had her daughter to raise. Now she has to raise her granddaughter!! Is that fair?

I think that teens should really think things over before getting involved in sex or anything. Some things that they should make sure on is:

That they feel that they, and the child's other parent, can raise a child.

That they can keep up with all thier other responsiblities, like school.

That they can supply a child with all the things they would need.

And really importantly, that thier parents know about this. (I'm pretty sure a lot of parents of teen parents didn't know thier child was pregnant.)

But really, teenagers should be thinking more about school instead of a baby. Of course, condoms don't always work, but that's where abortion comes in, doesn't it? If a teen really wants to be a parent, they should really be DEVOTED to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back