The American Accent

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever heard Jay from the City try to talk with an American accent. It sounds really forced and nerdy, because he usually has an Australian accent. xD

welllll, mine is American, and to me it does sound kinda plain.

When I went to Wisconsin and Florida, people commented on how redneck-ish I sounded. I heard an employee talking about me sounding ghetto, which was rather offensive. It's weird, how some people say I sound like a gangster-thing and how others think I sound all southern-like. xD

My american Aunt came today. We made fun of her accent. I don't know what sort of American accent it is. What sort do they have in Boise?

Like in Idaho? They talk through their nose. :) :( Very nasal when they talk. Us southerners like to make fun of that one, lol.

Another thing that bothers me about northern Americans, no offense to any of y'all, but I can't stand how they say "you's guys"! (That's their y'all, lol.)

My american Aunt came today. We made fun of her accent. I don't know what sort of American accent it is. What sort do they have in Boise?
What's Boise? xD

Today we had a big barbeque in our backyard, and invited the neighbors over [ We do this often, we're the only ones that can afford to buy two-hundred dollars worth of food ] And I was reminded of everyone's horrible redneck accent. Lately, I've been trying to keep myself from saying "Mondee and todee" instead of "Monday and today". I'm doing pretty good at softening the little southern scoop in my voice. Like in the videos I posted, I think I did well. I sounded more wasted-valley girl with my slurred words xD

Wow, my mom buys that much in grocerys every week, lol. :p

Well, I'm American and it sounds pllllaaaaiinnn. Everyone once in a while, I'll have a bit of a New York-ish accent, only cause I'm used to people pronouncing things certain ways, seeing as I live in New York. But I LOVE British and Australian accents. They're freakin' AWESOME.<3

What's Boise? xD
For some reason, I was under the impression that a Boise was a make of ink pens. But yeah, I was wrong. Bite me. xD

I got bored of my British accent today. And spoke all Americanese and stuff. It was amusing.

I'm canadian, so I think the american accent is pretty similar, except southern places actually sound very different. I'm happy with the way I speak, so no, I would not want to have it.
How's it goin', eh?

^ Canadian Inside Joke... ^

I think all accents sound the same...But at the same time that doesn't make sense. So I don't make sense. ;)

Boise, Idaho.

I made fun of Brodie's accent today.

I say 'Ost-tra-lee-en' shes says 'Oost-traaaa-leeee-in"

I'm on my way to a almost perfect Aussie accent.

Today I got told that my voice is deep :0

My accent is very...mixed. It sounds Russian, Australian and sometimes British even though I'm not British. I make American accents when I'm bored. I fail at doing British accents.

My accent is very...mixed. It sounds Russian, Australian and sometimes British even though I'm not British. I make American accents when I'm bored. I fail at doing British accents.
You can make American accents? :] Show me! Make a vid xD

Me and my friends rock at British accents. We stand in town and ask for directions from randoms and if you say your a british tourist you can get anyone to be your slave and take your picture on the colouful stair case.

How's it goin', eh?
^ Canadian Inside Joke... ^

I think all accents sound the same...But at the same time that doesn't make sense. So I don't make sense. :ph34r:
lol, one of my friends always makes fun of another friend of mine who's Canadian. He says 'eh' after everything he says when he's talking to him just to bug him. We get a kick out of it, lol, even though he doesn't even say 'eh' at all. :angry:

Well people here say I have a Florida and Jamaican kinda sounding accent I told them I wasn't full Jamaican but my parents are. So an American accent is a blend of things in my opinion ^.^.

What's Boise? xD
Today we had a big barbeque in our backyard, and invited the neighbors over [ We do this often, we're the only ones that can afford to buy two-hundred dollars worth of food ] And I was reminded of everyone's horrible redneck accent. Lately, I've been trying to keep myself from saying "Mondee and todee" instead of "Monday and today". I'm doing pretty good at softening the little southern scoop in my voice. Like in the videos I posted, I think I did well. I sounded more wasted-valley girl with my slurred words xD
lol Boise, Idaho. The capital city. I remember it from when I was memorizing all the US states' capitals.

anyway, today I was trying out m British accent. I got it from the Youtube video "Charlie bit my finger" 8D

Ha, ha. My friends always do that. The "Ow Chalie, that reely hut!" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back