THE END

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post a link of a newspaper article that explains the world ending in 2012? Because I have never seen ANYTHING about this, except for in this topic right now.

I don't belive in this and here's why:

I found a true fact in this article and I'd like you to read it:

For all those 2012 Mayan Prophecy believers out there, I have bad news. There is going to be no doomsday event in 2012, and here's why…

The Mayan Calendar

So what is the Mayan Calendar? The calendar was constructed by an advanced civilization called the Mayans around 250-900 AD. Evidence for the Maya empire stretches around most parts of the southern states of Mexico and reaches down to the current geological locations of Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador and some of Honduras. The people living in Mayan society exhibited very advanced written skills and had an amazing ability when constructing cities and urban planning. The Mayans are probably most famous for their pyramids and other intricate and grand buildings. The people of Maya had a huge impact on Central American culture, not just within their civilization, but with other indigenous populations in the region. Significant numbers of Mayans still live today, continuing their age-old traditions.

The Mayans used many different calendars and viewed time as a meshing of spiritual cycles. While the calendars had practical uses, such as social, agricultural, commercial and administrative tasks, there was a very heavy religious element. Each day had a patron spirit, signifying that each day had specific use. This contrasts greatly with our modern Gregorian calendar which primarily sets the administrative, social and economic dates.

Most of the Mayan calendars were short. The Tzolk'in calendar lasted for 260 days and the Haab' approximated the solar year of 365 days. The Mayans then combined both the Tzolk'in and the Haab' to form the "Calendar Round", a cycle lasting 52 Haab's (around 52 years, or the approximate length of a generation). Within the Calendar Round were the trecena (13 day cycle) and the veintena (20 day cycle). Obviously, this system would only be of use when considering the 18,980 unique days over the course of 52 years. In addition to these systems, the Mayans also had the "Venus Cycle". Being keen and highly accurate astronomers they formed a calendar based on the location of Venus in the night sky. It's also possible they did the same with the other planets in the Solar System.

Using the Calendar Round is great if you simply wanted to remember the date of your birthday or significant religious periods, but what about recording history? There was no way to record a date older than 52 years.

The link is here: Click here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hundreds or like thousands of years ago the Mya tribe made a calender. The calender ends on December 21, 2012. There is going to be 3 solar eclispes, We fall into the sun, wich will be a black hole, we explode...
two words: Not and the word Ture Not ture

I persosnally don't believe that.

There is probably nothing that would "END the earth"

My science teacher said we would probably die off, not Earth, due to Climate change.

I don't think this is true or is going to happen. Its just a theory. Although the Mayans were smart with astrology, I don't believe the world is going to end.

I persosnally don't believe that.
There is probably nothing that would "END the earth"

My science teacher said we would probably die off, not Earth, due to Climate change.

I don't think this is true or is going to happen. Its just a theory. Although the Mayans were smart with astrology, I don't believe the world is going to end.
Plus it takes forever for a climate change (if I'm thinking right) so if humans died off, it will be long after we're all gone.

What about the olympics?? x3

Anyway, I don't believe it's true. As a Christian, I have faith that Jesus Christ will return once again to end the world and take us all to eternal life. And it's going to be wonderful. Humans cannot and will not ever know exactly when this day will come until it happens.

Lawl

Number 1: I have never even heard of that calender until now x3.

Number 2: I dont think the world will end just 'cause some civilization made a calender that ends then.

Lol.

The world isn't gonna end in 2012. Half of these are urban legends. Most of the sane people will buy a 2013 Calander and laugh.

Blupher - That's the LHC. Chances of a Micro Black Hole happening from it is slim to none.

So the world is going to end because the calendar has no more days left? Yeah, that makes a LOT of sense... <.<
If its going to end, Why don't they just buy another one, and then say its going to end in 2013.

Sheesh. Its just a myth. The world isn't going to end.

Some person on a tv show last year said on the 12th of June said the world was gonna end! AND THE 12TH OF JUNE IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!! (of course it didn't happen)

And yeah, the Mayans said that. I hope it's not gonna happen!

yeah, I don't think that it will happen. But you never know...

I agree with some of the other people, if the world would end in such a short time of 3 years from now, then i think that scientists woukd be s[reading the word and there would be panicked. But I wouldn't be surprised if it did end... (global warming, etc)

but I still think it is a rumor. I hope that it won't end, I was planning on having a family! And becoming an entrepreneur!

The world isn't going to end anytime remotely soon.

Just because the Mayan calender is going to end, doesn't mean the planet will end with it.

It's about 9 more years until global warming is irreversable.

That doesn't mean that we won't be able to live on it, though I hope we can fix it soon.

It's all a big piece of lying crap.

People thought Satan was supposed to come out on 6/6/06 but he didn't. Being the clueless person I am I actually didn't know about Satan coming out until the day it was supposed to happen.

On 6/6/06 almost knowone came to my school and almost knowone will come to my school sometime in 2012 and I will laugh at them the next day. Beacause nothing will happen.

I doubt it. :/

Life will go on as usual. I heard about some other stuff that is supposed to happen in 2012...

And who would make a Calendar 'till 2012? When you'll be long dead. Thinking about it.. that makes no sense. They probably got bored with making the calendar and just stopped there. :/

I prefer to not know about these things. Life would go on as usual just like it did on 6/6/06. ;]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, I don't believe it's true. As a Christian, I have faith that Jesus Christ will return once again to end the world and take us all to eternal life. And it's going to be wonderful. Humans cannot and will not ever know exactly when this day will come until it happens.
I'm with you dear. <3

The world will end when God wants it to end. That could be in 2012, that could be tomorrow, that could be in the year 3000.

Or, when we all blow ourselves up. Dx

I wouldn't put it past us to start a nuclear war, and we'd all get blasted off the planet. Honestly.

I'm not too concerned on when the world will end. I'm just going to continue living, and enjoy my life while I'm here. Either way, life is short.

If the world were to end in December 2012, I'd be in my first year of college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back