Things that make you feel uncomfortable/awkward/nervous

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything to do with people singing while acting makes me squirmy: musicals and certain Disney movies are two good examples. Also, Glee sends me over the edge. Even if I hear a small clip or commercial for it, I have to walk out of the room because I feel so uncomfortable.

I think the cheesiness factor started rubbing me the wrong way years ago, and the uneasiness grew from there.

uncertainty, unpredictability and when things don't happen the way they're supposed to, for the better or the worse. like, when i go out i always need to know how many places i'm going and in what order, what transport i'm using, how long it'll take to get there, how long it'll take to get back, and exactly when i will be back. everything needs to happen according to a specific timetable and when things overrun i totally freak out (unless i really REALLY like whatever it is that's overrunning). like, once my family stayed WAYYYY too long at the house of a family friend i'm pretty neutral towards, and i started shaking and crying hysterically because THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.

i'm weird yay

Coming into contact with other people makes me uncomfortable, but there are exceptions. I don't mind coming into contact with people who are close to me, like family, partner, close friends and the like. However, people I don't know, people I wouldn't consider "close" friends and the such makes me extremely uncomfortable. It doesn't matter were they come in contact with me, whether it be my arm, my shoulder, or just brushed by me by accident as they walked by, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Another thing would be being in groups of people. I enjoy being with friends too, but there's even too much of that I can take. I enjoy long hours of solitude. :)

Someone doing something embarrassing, even if they don't think it's embarrassing. As long as I think it's embarrassing, I start to feel uneasy and cringe. I can't stand it even though it's not me in the situation. It makes me cringe so much that I have to inflict pain on myself to stop the cringing. It's as if I absorbed all their humiliation. My friends joke about this, they say I have a superhero ability that whenever someone does something embarrassing, my superhero ability activates and I absorb that person's humiliation. Really can't stand it. Ugh.

I feel nervous when my friends become friends with my other friends... that sounded confusing XD But basically, I'm afraid that when my friends become friends with eachother, they won't care about me anymore. :(

umm, people?

But, in all seriousness, I also hate it when people make things sexual/sensual when you didn't say anything to imply that. o_O

Hate to bump, but I'd like to have a say in this.

I'm not a very sensitive person, I'm fine with swear words, NSFW content, etc. However, I do get awkward when people inquire me about the music I listen to. While most of the stuff I listen to is not explicit, I feel like people will judge me for my tastes. I listen to a lot of Electronica and Chiptune (among other instrumental electronic music), but when I tell people that they usually respond with, "Er, is that like dubstep?" There's a large difference between EDM and other genres of electronic music, mostly that EDM is always meant for dancing. Stuff like House *can* be for dancing, but it's not defined by it. Bleh. People aren't fun.

Stalkers give me anxiety attacks. I have no experience with them, but getting stalked is my biggest fear, and it's a trigger.

i get uncomfortable around sexual things and talking about my biz, i get awkward around new people and tbh, boys.

I get nervous and anxious when people walk behind me and I feel like they're rushing me. I end up standing to the side and pretending to check my cellphone until they pass me by, or I cross the street. Busy streets are a nightmare for me because of all the people walking fast, and since my legs are short I can't really keep up all that much so it really stresses me out.

There's a lot of things that make me feel nervous; biggest of them might be meeting new people, sometimes even thinking about it gives me a feeling that hurts physically.

I also have a feeling that someone is behind me quite often, and it makes me very uncomfortable, especially when there really isn't anyone.

Since I have to visit a psychologist pretty often nowadays, I feel really awkward when my parents are there as well. I won't be able to talk properly if there's more than one people listening.

Sometimes I have to look at my oldest old art ever, and it makes me feel so ashamed and awkward that no one else must not know about them. They are also irremovable for now...

Sleeping with a window open is also a thing that causes uncomfortable/nervous feeling, maybe because when I left it open for the night last time, a fox screamed outside it so loud that it scared the lemons out of me.

Crowded places can make me really upset and uncomfortable.

Being touched by a stranger also really makes me nervous and upset, I just really don't like being touched by people I don't know. >.<

The C word. I don't usually mind swearing that much but that word just makes my skin crawl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been noticing a lot of discomfort in myself whenever I'm getting 'too close' with someone (as in a relationship kind of way); it feels all sweet and cute first, but then it starts to feel utterly wrong and really uncomfortable, totally driving me out of the situation and leaving all the syrupy stuff behind. This has happened at least four times already, the discomfort even got my recent relationship cut off. And what's the worst about it? I felt happy when it had ended.

This guy comes through the drive through everyday (I work at mcdonalds lmao) and he makes me so uncomfortable because he is constantly asking for my number and the last time i took his order i said no and he got really angry idk people are crazy

People trying to hit on me or trying to imply that they like me.

I had an issue with a boy that was just a little bit too creepy for my liking. He used to message me all the time and tell me that he walked past my house in the middle of the night. He also turned up at my door completely unexpected more than once. I managed to get it to stop but I was really freaked and angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back