Upgrade TamaTalk?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Admin, I'll have to say no to this one. ^.^'

I love TamaTalk so much right now, and everything's just perfect about it.

I'm not going to say that these changes are bad - just a bit too much for me, and not all of them quite necessary.

Besides which, I've grown up with the old TT. ^.^

Also, with the cost being that high, I'm not sure I'd be ready to pay for all that.

My dad's been unemployed for a while. 3:

Now, there's my input. :)

No. I dont like that style at all. An app would be OK but not that theme. Its not Tamagotchi-like. :( Dislike. :( What would be the same? would we still have all the skins and the TamaTalk logo with the animated Mimitchi? and the Mimitchi for new posts? If so yes. ;) if not No.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll always have members who support changes - just as you will always have members who suggest features that make the site more like their own personal favorites of the moment (e.g. fb, myspace, etc.).

The point is, that you will get lots of positive feedback and suggestions about all the wonderful things that would be nice - but have you noticed how many replies have been specifically about the money?

It's easy to come up with a good long wish list of things we'd like to see at TamaTalk (and goodness knows, an upgrade for TamaCHAT would be great... :( ), but I think the biggest challenge will be to come up with a good long list of actual donations (not IOUs).

I like the site the way it is but I would be happy to see it change if I knew that Admin wasn't paying for it all, BUT I can't afford to donate. All the money I earn goes on my family and home.

I think you should try to raise some of the money first with a kind of TT/TC Upgrade Fund - where members donate US$ or equivalent currency - similar to the TamaTalk Angelgotchi donations.

Right now, many members are ignoring all the information Admin has already given and asking questions that have already been answered.

great topic. i think you should add more emotions, like the memetchi stuff? add newer tamagotchi's like chamatchi and kikitchi and lovlitchi.... we could gather a group of people to help make them!

I don't think we should completely revamp the site. Maybe a few small upgrades, but in my opinion, TamaTalk is perfectly fine the way it is now.
I agree. :D

I love the site the way it is, and I don't have much desire for a lot of the potential upgrades because I won't use them. I'm on dial-up internet and the site runs beautifully the way it is. Overly complicated websites are not very functional for me. If the upgrade becomes extremely likely, though, I will chip in some monetarily. :D

Thanks again for all the input here you all! :nazotchi:

Just to be clear... The look of the demo link I posted is NOT what it would look like. Of course we'd have more of the TT look added into there to fit what we are used to. For those who don't remember, TT used to look a lot more like the Tamagotchi Memorial than the current look.

I think TamaMum is right as far as always having people who would love updates and just as many who would love no change at all. There is no doubt that the new stuff tries to make forums more "social" like FB and others when it comes to staying up to date with what your friends on the site are doing/saying. Forums are, after all, the original "social networks" on the net. This just makes them closer to what people expect. The big thing is going to be figuring out if enough people would find it useful and usable. Then there is also going to be paying for the upgrade as well. I thought about just doing an upgrade fundraiser but I wasn't sure what to do if we raised only $50... I don't want it to seem like I am doing it just to get money from people. I'd like to know that there was a true purpose before I'd donate to anything and I hold myself to that standard as well. I guess I could always make it a TamaTalk upgrade fund or help Admin buy some new shoes fund! LOL

Maybe I just need to see if I can get access to a demo version of the site for all of us to play on so that we can really see if we like it. It is hard to explain how many things are updated without actually playing on it for yourself. I'll see if I can do that...

Please continue to read through this topic and chime in with your own opinions!

OK well here is a demo we can play around with for a few days. GO open an account and look around... Post some stuff and come back to let me know what you think! Unfortunately we ar enot able to use everything on this demo... But you get a good idea.

Last edited:
OK well here is a demo we can play around with for a few days. GO open an account and look around... Post some stuff and come back to let me know what you think! Unfortunately we ar enot able to use everything on this demo... But you get a good idea.
R we gonna get tama themes with this, i hope so.

So far I've got no major complaints. I am kind of wondering why my avatar isn't showing up yet, but I can be patient.

Also, in the photo gallery, it kind of seems like each member has to create their own album. I tried adding a picture in the testing album, but the option wasn't there.

I like all the options/settings and how they're presented. It's nice and organized.

The profiles look great. Very nice ^^

Chat isn't currently working, although I'm guessing you probably know that, lol.

It's also very easy to navigate!

I guess that's all I've got for now. So far so good!

:p I Like this. Would we have to have the Logo for the site that we Host TT with? It makes it unofficial. ._. I like TT as it is but it does look even better! But what about all our hard earned Karma points, Resources, Guides etc? :D Yeah! I think we should I have it!

yes upgrades are definitely needed. the new picture feture would be verry helpful as well as a phone app

:p I Like this. Would we have to have the Logo for the site that we Host TT with? It makes it unofficial. ._. I like TT as it is but it does look even better! But what about all our hard earned Karma points, Resources, Guides etc?  :D Yeah! I think we should I have it!
All the stuff TT has now like resources, Guides, members, posts and everything would stay here... The new software would just take over letting you access everything.

Also, I forgot to mention that if you check the test site using an iphone or ipod touch you will see the mobile version of the site that should makes things load really fast.

Last edited:
I don't know if I like the new version.

To be honest?

TT isn't Facebook. It isn't a social networking site. It's for Tamagotchi's and children of a younger audience. Perhaps that would be better for older members, but then we'd have a situation like nonTT again. I say keep TamaTalk the same.

Actually if you think about it, TamaTalk and TamaCHAT is a social networking site.

A lot of members have a network of friends here and they make friends with other members friends too.

Like Admin said - Forum sites like TT are the front runners of sites like myspace and fb.

There are plenty of features that remind me of BLM but to be honest, they were all features that I liked and used on BLM. It's optional to use the features - you don't have to try to make it look like your fb page (s) ... :mametchi:

Nice features, overall most of them easy to use.

One of the key concerns for some members seems to be that the appearance stays as similar to our familiar TT layout as possible - so that VISUALLY they don't see all that much difference.

I think Admin's coding skills can handle that :ph34r:

The question is would you use some of the new features to put more info in your profile or upload pics of your tama collection - or pics you have created on Paint, for example.

Would you put images in your signature if you could? (I would, yes)

Would you like more characters in your signature message? (I would, yes)

These are some of the questions that come up in Suggestions over and over so now is the time to think carefully about if you would use them.

Would you be willing to donated to an Upgrade Fund to try to raise some of the costs if it were, say US$5 or US$10 - similar to the TT Angelgotchi donation feature? (I would, yes - couldn't afford more anyway) :lol:

Actually if you think about it, TamaTalk and TamaCHAT is a social networking site.A lot of members have a network of friends here and they make friends with other members friends too.
I guess I can see that. But still, if we did make it something like Facebook/Myspace/etc. there would need to be privacy settings. I'm sure a child's mother wouldn't want pictures or public information set up like those sites allow, and perhaps settings to block certain members from viewing your personal information. If we had 'statuses' so to speak, and you posted something someone didn't like, there'd be a huge flame war and many problems. There'd need to be a way to prevent those types of problems.

I wouldn't mind if TT updated. Actually, I'd try my best to support it. While I like TT the way it is, moving forward to upgraded software would be great too and I'd attempt to donate, though I'm not sure how to do that without paypal, but I have some of my own money that I could donate with since I have nothing else to use it for.

If 20+ people each chipped in $10, then the upgrade wouldn't cost Admin as much and the whole site would get awesome features. This is just my view on it, but I love TT and it's the best tamagotchi site and a good social site imo so it deserves an upgrade.

I think it's nicer as it is, sure, some new features would be cool, but I think I'd like the good-old cosy Tamatalk to stay some more as it is.

I am not THAT negative anyway, of course I could go with the new version and get used to that, this is just my opinion.

And oh, I can't login to the test version, probably beccause it just is that- a test version, but would you have to re-register to the new TT?? :mametchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back