Upgrade TamaTalk?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes its a good style and I would have pics in my signature. (a Tonmarutchi :mametchi: ) But I couldnt donate. Im sure if we upgraded TT it would make the site better and more simple to navigate throught the forums.

And oh, I can't login to the test version, probably beccause it just is that- a test version, but would you have to re-register to the new TT?? :p
Yes since it is a test server on a different site you have to register for it separate from TT. :(

I'm not quite sure if I understand correctally so...

If you mean that is what this site will look like but we will all keep our accounts, posts, karma, blogs, ext. then I am an all go for this

If you mean that that will be the "new" tamatalk and that we would all have to start all over then I'm not quite sure about it. I know many members have worked hart on thier blogs, post cound, karma, ext. and it would be a bit sad to see all for that go to waste. If somehow one could redeem thier blogs, post count, karma, ext even on the new site this point would be completely illrevilant (Big Word! :( )

Anyway, no matter what happens, I'll always be a dedicated TamaTalker! :p

I'm not quite sure if I understand correctally so...
If you mean that is what this site will look like but we will all keep our accounts, posts, karma, blogs, ext. then I am an all go for this

If you mean that that will be the "new" tamatalk and that we would all have to start all over then I'm not quite sure about it. I know many members have worked hart on thier blogs, post cound, karma, ext. and it would be a bit sad to see all for that go to waste. If somehow one could redeem thier blogs, post count, karma, ext even on the new site this point would be completely illrevilant (Big Word! :) )

Anyway, no matter what happens, I'll always be a dedicated TamaTalker! :(
Oh, no.

We'd keep everything -- the software itself is the only thing that'll change.

No one would have to start over. ;]

Actually if you think about it, TamaTalk and TamaCHAT is a social networking site.
A lot of members have a network of friends here and they make friends with other members friends too.

Like Admin said - Forum sites like TT are the front runners of sites like myspace and fb.

There are plenty of features that remind me of BLM but to be honest, they were all features that I liked and used on BLM.  It's optional to use the features - you don't have to try to make it look like your fb page (s) ... :(

Nice features, overall most of them easy to use.

One of the key concerns for some members seems to be that the appearance stays as similar to our familiar TT layout as possible - so that VISUALLY they don't see all that much difference.

I think Admin's coding skills can handle that :)

The question is would you use some of the new features to put more info in your profile or upload pics of your tama collection - or pics you have created on Paint, for example.

Would you put images in your signature if you could? (I would, yes)

Would you like more characters in your signature message? (I would, yes)

These are some of the questions that come up in Suggestions over and over so now is the time to think carefully about if you would use them.

Would you be willing to donated to an Upgrade Fund to try to raise some of the costs if it were, say US$5 or US$10 - similar to the TT Angelgotchi donation feature?  (I would, yes - couldn't afford more anyway) :)
Ah, that's very true.

I guess I'll give it a go. Count me in ! ;D

Just a quick question, Admin -- will our usernames / avatars / stats etc. appear on the right side or left?

I know the demo version had it on the left, and I was wondering if you planned to keep it that way for the future TT.

It dosen't look too fancy (but then again, like everyone's saying, it's just a test). The problem is, I can't do chat, make a gallery, change profile settings, or even post, I think! Why is that? ;)

Also, I doubt that I would be able to donate; whether I'd want to or not, my parents would probably disapprove of me donating to a fansite. I wonder if we could contact Bandai US and see if they would be willing to donate or not (Probably shouldn't be us innitiating the conversation, since it may come-off as begging).

By the way, would there be a video tag for posts or the ranking function in this future TamaTalk?

EDIT: Oh, I see...I had to do the validation email. I think I'll be fine now, heh, heh..... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It dosen't look too fancy (but then again, like everyone's saying, it's just a test). The problem is, I can't do chat, make a gallery, change profile settings, or even post, I think! Why is that? ;)
Also, I doubt that I would be able to donate; whether I'd want to or not, my parents would probably disapprove of me donating to a fansite. I wonder if we could contact Bandai US and see if they would be willing to donate or not (Probably shouldn't be us innitiating the conversation, since it may come-off as begging).

By the way, would there be a video tag for posts or the ranking function in this future TamaTalk?
Have you authorized(is that the right word?) your account through email? You should have an email from the test site giving you a link to authorize(I really don't think that's the right word) your account. After you do that you'll be able to post. If you don't see an email in your inbox, check your spam box.

The chat isn't working right now anyway, probably because it's just a test forum.

I have asked for a demo of the chat for us to test out. We can go from there as far as deciding how the new official chat compares to what we have now.

I guess if everyone likes it then the next challenge is raising the money. Are we at a point where you all think people would donate? I have been cleaning out my closet and found some unopened prizes from years ago so maybe we can also include buying stuff to help raise money.

I don't like the way the updates look like it would really change TamaTalk. I love TT just the way it is.It's my fav site. :)

Can we have A little Tamagotchi character that evolves depending on posts like the Babytchi, child, teen etc. on Tama-Zone? And Im sure a funraiser would be okay. Sadly Some Members dont use dollars so it may take a while to get all this money.
i like ur idea :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back