V4 vs other versions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having to turn off the lights for your tama kind of makes things easy... But I really do like the new Tama Town, and from what I've heard about the japanese version the 3 other towns are pretty cool.

I don't know why everyone is bashing the antenna on the tama, I think its a cute touch and makes it different from the other versions.

Personally I find the entire shop thing annoying, I think that V4's should be more like the Uratama/Entama in which a shopkeeper comes to you at certain times of the day.

I like the whole skill points and jobs aspect, very cute

Best feature that Bandai used on the V4's was the C button attention feature that the Japanese tamas have. So cute!

I still love the original tamas (before the connections) and would love to see some updated versions of tamas like the angel and ocean.

[SIZE=14pt]I think v4's are better beacause you have more characters and better games[/SIZE]

I really like the skill points, as they let you choose a path for your tama's life and job. I think skill points make tamagotchis a lot more exciting and rewarding than just care alone.

I think the mail option is way better, because for some reason getting mail is more exciting than turning lights on and off. But the downside is that with the version threes, when your tama played with the action figure/doll, you could see the tama sleeping with it before you turned the lights off and that was cute. But its not that terrible of a sacrifice for the mail feature in my opinion.

I think Tama Town is kind of bland. There's not a lot to do there other than earn points and shop. I do like that it is easy to get points there, though, as opposed to version three tama town where you could only get souvenirs.

I really like the V4 designs. They're very nice. I think the antenna is a cute touch, and sets it apart from other Connections. Honestly, sometimes I can't even tell my version ones and version twos apart because they look so similar. I like the different design patterns, too. It always seems that the good designs are sold out at the store, though. I wanted to get the Origami Cranes one which I think is the nicest one, but it was out of stock.

i think that the v4 is better. the ball thing makes it differnt than other tamagothis! :D you get jobs and mail and the desighns are so cute!!!!! :ph34r:

plus, it has better games and you can make points on tamatown!! :p during class when everyone sees me playing my tamagothi and not paying attention, they're all asking me oh how do you play that, is it cool, stuff like that!! i love the v4!!! B)

I like skill points better than care because you get to pick what character you like

but I still like caring.

I like the mail :blink: better than turning off light because when your V3 or 2 or 1

sleep it will beep so I dont like beepings.

I really like tamatown but it could have been better if your tama goes to tamatown and we can travel in anywhere we like on a plane.It could also be better if we can go to the tama police station and report the police and find the robber through out tamatown and arrest them so we never get the robbers ever again.

I like V4 designs becuse their prettier but I really love the cute antennas.

I find getting gourmetchi anoying or other charcter that I had lots of time. :D

Version 4 Needs more Games.

Better Ones.

I Reckon version 3 Is better.

I really like V4s. :(

The antenna is neat (although it takes away from the whole "egg" concept) because it's quite different from other Tamaggotchis; plus, it makes them look like EnTamas.

The Skill Points feature is cool because it gives your Tama a little more personality and a few traits. I like to make my Tama smart, too. :( Skill Points also make it much easier to get the character you want; a very nice touch.

The jobs are fun; I do wish they would offer them all at once, however.

The Post Icon is pretty nice; I like being able to get free items or Gotchi-Points from the King. However, the Messages are quite annoying when they contain a poop or a snake (it's so sad to watch your Tama be so terrified by the snake :( ).

But, overall, I think that V4s are awesome. :(

-Tamaguy#1 :blink:

>>What works better, care or skill points? Why?

It seems like care doesn't even matter as much anymore, which bugs me. You can just take really great care of your baby and toddler. After that, you just need to get a lot of the skill point that will lead you towards your favorite tama out of the bunch. I think it's too easy, and you'll always know which one you will get. I rather have it be a surprise and more of a challenge =\ V4 is still very fun because of the mailing and job/school system.

>>How do you like the mail system as compared to the lights?

I like them both very much. I might be studying late at night, and fall asleep without remembering about turning off my tamagotchi. It turns off the lights by itself now!...but I do agree I miss being able to see my tama sleeping ): They should've shown out tamas going to bed themselves then turn off the lights automatically =]] that would be cute!

>>How much do you like the tamatown? What could have been better?

I wish they'd open it after everything is done. I don't like how they change it every time and leave the other versions behind.

>>Which designs are better? the v4s, or other versions? (please specify smile.gif )

I like the growth system in V3 better, but V4 is still more fun. I like the Entama growth system better than the american growth system. It's basically the same but they have more tamagotchis and cuter toddlers. Japanese designs (outside shell) are always cuter/prettier too :chohimetchi:

Well, I would have to say V4's are better even though it's a hard desicion. I do miss the smaller or no antannae and light switch from previous versions, though. The antennae wouldn't get in the way so much and I could watch my tama sleeping and that was always cute to me. I do love the fact that v4's have jobs and mail. I love the fortune cookie thing too because I can really tell how well I am taking care of my tama :wub:

I like caring better than skill points. Really, if you were a tamagotchi, would you rather be artistic or be well cared for and healthy? I would go for healthy.

I like the mail system, and I like the lights. I don't like the mail system, because of the robbers, snakes, etc. I like the lights better because you get to actually turn them off.

I don't like TamaTown that much..it needs more improvement. Now, if you could use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move your tamagotchi around, and interact with other tamagotchis, I would certainly take a liking to TamaTown, and visit it more occasionally.

I like the V3 and V2 shell designs alot. The V4 shell designs are just OK for me. I like the Japanese shells the best, though.

Personaly, I think how you cared for your tama was better. I find skill points ALOT easier, and since I don't know much about tama charactors and such anyways I like it better. But the idea of the care thing I think is much better- it just seems more realistic and more of a challenge to me. Anyone can play games like Dance over and over and make the points go up but not all people can keep the tama happy and perfect all the time [that would be me].
It confuzed me the first time my V4 went to sleep and turned the lights out by itself. xD I kinda like the mail idea- the feature is better because you know when something new is happening [like getting a new teacher or job]. The fortune teller is also a good judge too. I don't really like the other mail becuase I always get bad stuff and makes my tama sad. x.<

I did like turning off the lights though- although it's one less thing to worry about. ^^

I like tamatown MUCH better for V4 then the V3 tamatown. I like how you can get easy money dispite the fact that the price on things went up. I also like how it saves all the passwords till after you are ready to leave. It always annoyed me how I'd have to stop, and put in the password, then go on and sometimes I had already gotten the iteam anyways.

I like the V4 designs. I like the entena with the ball on top because it looks more advanced. xD Plus you can put charms and such on them- I have yet to do that though.

For me the V3 was a let down. It really didn't have any new fetures [besides more charactors which I don't know about anyways, more iteams and a new game or two- I didn't make it as far to see all the games] and I stopped using it a week or two after [it was paused most of the time anyways]. Now the V4, tamatown is much better, it has a whole new system in it and there are alot more games, iteams, charactors and so on.
"It looks like they are adding more towns! Can't wait till that- well I can, but you know. xD I wonder if they are just going to drop the V3 tamatown."

DROP THE V.3 TAMATOWN?

I do not hope they do that!

I have just got a V.3, 11 days ago

I love it!

Those I had before were Tamagotchi Originals!

So A LOT of new stuff for me, "just" on the v.3.

I love the pause function, and that you get babies,

and that you can visit Tamagotchi Town!

I SO do not hope Bandai will drop the v.3 tamatown yet,

or even ever!

I just saw v.4 in the shop on Friday,

I have been wondering if I should buy one.

But am not going to,

cause I love my v.3 and

I have only had it for 11 days, and

I love the tamagotchi the way it is!

I do not need any more new stuff on it yet.

Also I love to see when it is sleeping, to see it's teddy,

and to turn off the light, I like it simple:D

After getting my v4 I am going to re-answer the questions.

1. Care vs. Skill Points

Well, I like being able to sort of decide what character I want my Tamagotchi to be and jobs and whatnot. But it takes away from the real caring thing. I think that might be why they have universal characters. I think care determines what teenager you get, so it does have some sort of care-determined things in there too.

2. Lights vs. Mail

When my baby Shirotsubutchi/Tsubutchi went to sleep, I got freaked out that it just slept and turned the light off! Honestly, I am so used to being able to turn the light off and on so I can watch my Tamagotchi sleep. And you can see if it has poop if it still had the lights function. As well as that, I can put my Tamagotchi to sleep early by turning the light out 30min before its bedtime (e.g. Mimitchi goes to bed at 9pm, I turn out the lights at 8.30pm to make it go to sleep).

I like mail though, because it has plenty of surprises. So yes, hard decision.

3. TamaTown

I like being able to earn Gotchi Points from it. And you don't have to enter separate passwords for parent, grandparent and all that as it is included in your login code. Big improvement over the v3 TamaTown where you can only get souvenirs and buy items. It means there's no limitation to the activities available on Tamagotchi Town v4 since you can just make more, and earn Gotchi Points from all of them. I visit quite frequently to earn some more Gotchi points.

4. Designs

I LOVE the straps! A lot more exciting than the plain keychain that came with my v1 or the too-thick plastic strap that came with my v3. And it makes sense too.

The designs are really nice and the v4 isn't as hard to hold as I thought it would be. I have the blue w/ diamonds one, but I also like the pink TMGC Kuchipatchi one. And the sky one. And the white w/ TMGC bubbles one...

My Tamagotchi v4

Anyone else feel the v.4 is hard to handle compared to others?

I love my v.3 the v.4's are bulkier and straight up annoying I hate that you go to school and get a job, their supposed to be pets not people...

I say that but I do care for the games, and I like the mail, except the forune doesnt make sense to me and the robber is very annoying. I like the animations for connection with another Jensei but overall I prefer the v.3 ... or even my original 1996 version . :blink: <_<

Anyone else feel the v.4 is hard to handle compared to others?
I love my v.3 the v.4's are bulkier and straight up annoying I hate that you go to school and get a job, their supposed to be pets not people...

I say that but I do care for the games, and I like the mail, except the forune doesnt make sense to me and the robber is very annoying. I like the animations for connection with another Jensei but overall I prefer the v.3 ... or even my original 1996 version . :blink:   <_<
Well, I find that the v4's antenna is actually easier than the v3s. The v3's antenna is sharper and when I'm holding onto my Tamagotchi v3 upside down it digs into my palm and it HURTS. The v4's ball-like antenna is rather round and smooth so it doesn't hurt as much.

If you're unsure about fortune mail, remember this:

Gotchi Point bag- Wealth

Heart- Relationships

Man showing muscles- Health/strength

I agree that the robber is annoying, but think of this: it's pretty easy to earn Gotchi Points off Tamagotchi Town.

Also if you were strapped for time you might find it hard to play the games or take your Tamagotchi to school or work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that with the v.3 he can be self sufficiant for much longer (unless a baby or with a baby)

I really like the V.3 ... although your right points are much easier to earn because of tamatown... I wish you could earn gotchi points in v.3 tamatown ...

I really also like not having to shut the lights myself ... I had to set my alarm to wake up to shut the lights and go back to bed ... hehe because my V.3 goes to bed at 10! ...and I sleep all the time!

I find that with the v.3 he can be self sufficiant for much longer (unless a baby or with a baby)
I really like the V.3 ... although your right points are much easier to earn because of tamatown... I wish you could earn gotchi points in v.3 tamatown ...

I really also like not having to shut the lights myself ... I had to set my alarm to wake up to shut the lights and go back to bed ... hehe because my V.3 goes to bed at 10! ...and I sleep all the time!
You could turn off the lights earlier, which still allows you to feed and clean up after your Tamagotchi. And if you turn out the lights up to 30min before your Tamagotchi's set bedtime, it will go to bed earlier, one good thing about the lights...

i think tamatown should have more ways to earn souvaniers, and still have the points to earn ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back