V8 on ebay the box says tamagotchi!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the sueing thing... Only the holders of the copyright can sue for infringement. I sincerly doubt that BanDai has copyrighted each and every one of their tamagotchi characters, which is why we see them on fakes. They also probably didn't copyright an egg-shaped virtual pet. What they probably have copyrighted is the tamagotchi name and any advanced techie stuff their company has developed. We see fakes with the word tama and tamagatchi, or some variation, but it's not technically infringing. As long as a company changes a certain number of things about a similar product then it's not infringement. And about the sellers themselves calling the products tamagotchi, nothing we can do about that either. Do you call all facial tissues Kleenex? And all colored wax sticks Crayons? It's the same thing. When a brand is the most popular it's name generally becomes a blanket for all like products. But that's just my two cents on the matter.

~Rosie

why are there so many stupid copies of tamagotchis :blink: they should get a copy right :D I mean it clearly says tamagotchi which it isnt. :angry: so there selling fakes to try to earn more money..... :blink:

I have heard they are up to v9 in Japan but in Australia we are only on v4

It is indeed a fake. :mellow: Real Tamagotchis have a BanDai sign, so you know it is real. Just look for that red sign everytime you shop for Tamagotchi. :mellow:

It's fake.

1. BanDai has never had a multicoloured Tamagotchi logo.

2. It says something about a campaign on the box?!

3. There are no antennae with balls on the end that stand straight up.

4. It says "Verion 8".

5. It says "Tamagotchi" on the side of the package... but the "Chi" character is very weird...

Shilo_Tama, that's a rumour. Japan don't actually count their versions. So they don't call theirs the Tamagotchi Plus v1, Tamagotchi Plus v2 etc. They call theirs:

Tamagotchi Plus

Shuku Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus (I suppose you can call it a Plus v2)

Shuku Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus Akai (I suppose you can call it a Plus v2.5)

Chou Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus (I suppose you can call it a Plus v3)

Ura Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus (I suppose you can call it a Plus v3.5)

They also have the Tamagotchi School versions 1 and 2, the Odenkun no Tamagotchi, the Chibi Tamagotchi, the Tamagotchi Restraunt and soon to come is the Famitama.

Shilo_Tama, that's a rumour. Japan don't actually count their versions. So they don't call theirs the Tamagotchi Plus v1, Tamagotchi Plus v2 etc. They call theirs:

Tamagotchi Plus

Shuku Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus (I suppose you can call it a Plus v2)

Shuku Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus Akai (I suppose you can call it a Plus v2.5)

Chou Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus (I suppose you can call it a Plus v3)

Ura Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus (I suppose you can call it a Plus v3.5)

They also have the Tamagotchi School versions 1 and 2, the Odenkun no Tamagotchi, the Chibi Tamagotchi, the Tamagotchi Restraunt and soon to come is the Famitama.
it really isnt a rumor. i mean yeah they dont count the versions. but technicly... oh its hard to put in words.

so fake...jd should be sued.... i mean they went too far! i mean, taking the tamagotchi design is one thing, but taking their characters and the Tamagotchi logo! that is wrong......

*shakes head*

------------------

[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

HELP STOP CHILD ABUSE!!! PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGGY IF YOU CARE!!!

TAMAGURL CARES!

so fake...jd should be sued.... i mean they went too far! i mean, taking the tamagotchi design is one thing, but taking their characters and the Tamagotchi logo! that is wrong......
*shakes head*

------------------

[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

HELP STOP CHILD ABUSE!!! PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGGY IF YOU CARE!!!

TAMAGURL CARES!
Please do not bump topics. Wheather it was you or a vote.

But they are copying of of something that IS copyrighted...
We need someone thats old enough to sue!!!

Chant with me! *Sue* *Sue* *Sue*
Qwerty123 it's not completely copying. And (I think) there's a law that says: Copyright things can be used after the product has been going on for 10 years.

Ya me too! It is fake because the V5 hasn't even been released so how could a V8 have came out.

Did they put Bandai on the box if they did then Bandai should definately sue them. But if they did not Bandai cannot sue them.

A V8?! Totally fake! I voted "...wow." Those scammers must be really desperate for $15 ('cause that's how much a Tama costs). But since they're scammers, then they probably sold it for more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back