vegitarians

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, you won't agree with me.That's ok. But I will get what I want. Animals will live in peace.

And it does matter if somebody eats steak and another person doesn't. That cow could have had a happy life on a farm bringing joy to other people. Or, it could have given milk to thirsty people in other countries.

We are eating life away. We don't need to. And you can get loads of protien from eggs, fish, ect. You don't always need tofu and stuff.

And as I said, I won't force people. I will work, keeping myself to myself and I will pull off this 'impossible task.' Really! ;)

I'm not acting silly, I believe in what I want to do.

Please stop doubting me, ok? ^.^;;
Hold on there!

You said. "You get what you want"? That sounds somewhat forceful.

You really shouldn't worry if someone eats a steak for dinner. It's their buisness, not yours. You're making it your buisness. Can't you at least respect what people eat? Instead of moaning about a person eating your animals? It seems like you don't respect people who eat meat. You shoul at least learn and accept that people will always eat meat. Whenever you like it or not. Alot of people will NOT like you for this insane task.

FYI, eating a fish; a fish is an animal also.

I used to be a vegeterian.But then I came to the same relization that you have come to.

You aren't killing the animal; farmers are. If you don't eat meat, then somebody else is (like you pointed out).

By not eating meat, you're not helping. No matter what YOU do, people are still going to eat meat. Animals will still be killed.

So what if you don't eat the meat thats served to you? The animal is dead, and there is nothing you can do about it. If you don't eat it,

it's not as if the animal will magically come back alive again.

Oh, and .:: Hot Banana ::./tamawpants, I don't see what the bible has to do with any of this? We all have different belifs, and not everybody believes

in God and the bible.

Maybe bringing up the bible in a topic like this is inappropiate? We're talking about our opinion of eating animals; not what the bible has to say.

*x*x*x*LonelyTears*x*x*x*
thank u thank u thank u! u put that in WAY better words than i did ( i was afraid i was being mean ;) )

thank u thank u thank u! u put that in WAY better words than i did ( i was afraid i was being mean ;) )
Tears does have a point also. If no one will eat the meat, someone else will. There are plently of live stock and fowl in the world. It's not like they are endangered. Doglover, you're a good person also.

In my opinion, the Bible, God, Jesus or any holy figure shouldn't be brought up in a debate, such as these.

HB, people will always eat meat. Whenever you like it or not. You need ot learn to accept the facts that they will. They will not stop, because you dislike seeing happy little cows getting sold to a butcher's shop.

Ignore what people eat and let them live how they want.

I am vegetarian, but not because I feel sorry for the animals, just because I thought that it might be a healthier choice. What I do not think is healthy is being a vegan - unless you can't have dairy products because it makes you sick.But I don't care who is what, or what eats what. It does not change who you are.
thats why i chose to be a vegatarian a long time ago and there are vitamins u ccan take but thats only for people that for some reason JUST CANT eat an animal, if u think eating only plant would be halither u should take a look at the food pyrimid ( oh did that sound mean? im not trying to be mean, really ;) ) and ur suposed to eat meat and stuff like that to be healthy. :D

When I said that I'd get what I wanted, I didn't mean it to sound forceful. I meant, you know I'll achieve my task! I do not force people.

And I don't mind if I am not liked. I'm just happy with the animals. I must try to stop this cruelty.

If you were to think like I am thinking. Imagine if something you truly loved and cared for was getting eaten by people who didn't really need to?

It upsets me a lot. And no matter what, I will get what I want. (Um, achieve my goal)

Tears does have a point also. If no one will eat the meat, someone else will. There are plently of live stock and fowl in the world. It's not like they are endangered. Doglover, you're a good person also.
In my opinion, the Bible, God, Jesus or any holy figure shouldn't be brought up in a debate, such as these.

HB, people will always eat meat. Whenever you like it or not. You need ot learn to accept the facts that they will. They will not stop, because you dislike seeing happy little cows getting sold to a butcher's shop.

Ignore what people eat and let them live how they want.
No. I never give up. I've learnt that.

And how do you know if people will always eat murdered animals? You don't.

No. I never give up. I've learnt that.And how do you know if people will always eat murdered animals? You don't.
*face palms*

The animals aren't "murdered". There is a differnce between murder and being bred and raised for human consumption.

Compairing a human murder to animal slaughter is like compairing a common cold to a leg scrape.

HB, don't pawn the whole Guilt Tatic on me. Guilt Tatics like "Imagine if something you truly loved and cared for was getting eaten by people who didn't really need to?".

Those don't work. You NEED to stop repeting the same thing over and over and over. I said countless of times. You need to respect the meat eaters, they'll respect you back. You are NOT giving them respect. No offense or anything, you sound like a mad doctor with the whole. "I will acheive my goal!"

It sounds like you have no respect for people eating meat at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I said that I'd get what I wanted, I didn't mean it to sound forceful. I meant, you know I'll achieve my task! I do not force people. And I don't mind if I am not liked. I'm just happy with the animals. I must try to stop this cruelty.

If you were to think like I am thinking. Imagine if something you truly loved and cared for was getting eaten by people who didn't really need to?

It upsets me a lot. And no matter what, I will get what I want. (Um, achieve my goal)
******Not worth reading****** -AH

I think eating meat is wrong. I do not like to talk to people who eat meat, personally. Also, we are not suited for an omnivore diet. God or whatever you want to call it did not create animals to be eaten. We chose the option to eat murdered animals.

Would you like to be killed for other people to eat, who could survive on another diet? Would you???

No. And Sweet Kandi, each and every animal is special. I know they are not rare or endangered but each one is special.

Don't you get it? Just one animal could give one person a lot of joy. It's like eating dogs or cats. how come we do not choose to chew on them? They are still animals like pigs and cows and that. So when you next see a kitten or a puppy or a piglett or a calf think: 'They're still animals. They all deserve a good life.'
;) some animals purpose is to bring humans joy, and some is to bring humans food ,thats the way it is and what ur saying is that all animals can bring joy to humans but we cant all bring home our own cow and our own lion. :D plus i tottaly understand when some people dont want to eat dogs because it just seems gross to eat the cosin of somthing u love and in some places they refuse to eat chiken cuz they have chikens ads pets, i understand THAT but dont be mad at people for what they eat! THATS JUST REDICULOS! and also if we all stoped eating animals the world would become over populated with them and animals would desrtroy us all!!!!!

;) some animals purpose is to bring humans joy, and some is to bring humans food ,thats the way it is and what ur saying is that all animals can bring joy to humans but we cant all bring home our own cow and our own lion. :D plus i tottaly understand when some people dont want to eat dogs because it just seems gross to eat the cosin of somthing u love and in some places they refuse to eat chiken cuz they have chikens ads pets, i understand THAT but dont be mad at people for what they eat! THATS JUST REDICULOS! and also if we all stoped eating animals the world would become over populated with them and animals would desrtroy us all!!!!!
As Simba's father" And that is the great Circle of life.

Doglover, well said.

Cats and Dogs are domesticated for us to keep as pets. Livestock are domesticated for human consumption. A cow gives us meat, leather and milk.

Don't be so mean. I will acheive my goal. Not by forcing people. I'm not like that. I'll do it my own way and it will will will work.
as i said before IF WE ALL STOPED EATING ANIMALS THEY WOULD KILL US ALL AND OVER POULATE THE EARTH!!! cuz incase u didnt know they have up two 28 babies EVERY MONTH! plus i am so sorry but there is really nothing u can do to change how people feel about eating meat it is impossible and i understad u love them but there is absolutly nothing wrong with eating meat! im sorry it just wont work out, start trying more realistisc goals such as u will work to defend endagerd animals ok? ;) ( i still think i sound mean iif so, i am so so so so sorry )

I, personally, am not a vegetarian.

It's not like we're eating puppies and kittens here, though. Some pigs and cows are raised to be slaughtered and eaten. That's just how it works, and that's not considered cruelty to animals.

It seems like a lot of people say they love animals, they're changing the world, but they don't really mean it. It seems like a lot of people just want to feel special and be praised for something they're not doing.

So, we'll say this: You say eating meat is wrong. People who eat meat are bad. But you don't eat meat. The animal is already dead, so you just let somebody else eat it. By not eating meat, you're just giving it to someone else. That's not making any difference.If you disagree, I'd like to know how you're actually doing something to stop it.

Vegetarians are okay, as long as they don't care about what other people eat.

Also, I'm pretty sure vegetairians don't not eat meat because it might stop animals from being killed, but because an animal isn't going to die for them.

I don't much like "oh here I am on my pedestal of superiority because I don't eat meat and the rest of the world is evil I'd rather have humans killed then animals because animals are cute and fuzzy" as an outlook on life. It's not very healthy for your character.

I personally do not eat certain foods. I eat only one type of fish, the rest I will not touch. I also don't eat most seafood. This is because A. I think they taste bad and B. I don't like the idea of goggling at fish in a tank trying to find the biggest one to slaughter for dinner. I also will not eat rabbit. I do not care how delicious it is. I will never eat it.

Ok, ok. Hang on.

I understand that not any of you has much compassion for slaughtered animals and we are never going to agree on this.

I don't care if meat eaters don't respect me. I don't respect them so I don't want anything back.

You might not believe in what I'm going to do, but that's ok I guess. I don't believe in what you're saying and you don't believe what I am saying.

And starman, I am not used guilt on you. I am speaking facts. I love animals and to see them eaten everyday. It hurts me.

And about pets. Some People breed chickens and cows and pigs and stuff on their farm and do not eat them. I think that is pets. ^_^

Ok, ok. Hang on.I understand that not any of you has much compassion for slaughtered animals and we are never going to agree on this.

I don't care if meat eaters don't respect me. I don't respect them so I don't want anything back.

You might not believe in what  I'm going to do, but that's ok I guess. I don't believe in what you're saying and you don't believe what I am saying.

And starman, I am not used guilt on you. I am speaking facts. I love animals and to see them eaten everyday. It hurts me.

And about pets. Some People breed chickens and cows and pigs and stuff on their farm and do not eat them. I think that is pets.  :D
Hot Banana, the part of your post I highlights is the part I have a problem with.

People all have different beliefs and reasons for their belief. You don't have to agree with the other but you should have some respect. You can voice your opinions in a calm and mature way.

Not respecting different beliefs, whether it be culture, vegetarianism or even musical tastes is how arguments start. Some arguments [Not about musical taste obviously] turn into war. If the world didn't respect people with different beliefs everyone would be arguing and fighting. The world would not be a good place.

Just as a note, the way I interpret respect isn't admiring the other, just tolerating.

I really would hate this topic to turn into a fight over the internet with people insulting others by there choice of food. There are plenty of better things to do with your time.

You also stereo type. You say that meat eaters show no respect for you. I disagree completely. While some meat eaters may diss vegetarians and vice-versa the majority of the world understand that there are differences.

=========

Anyway. Back on topic.

I do eat meat. Well, only white meat. I don't know why I have a problem with red meat, it's not the animal. It's the taste. Weird huh? [:

I just had a thought. I'm pretty sure that meat contains iron for the body. [Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.] and if the world gave up eating meat completely then wouldn't we all get iron deficiency? And have to take iron pills and vitamins? Personally, I would rather eat the meat.

And in some countries the only food people have is the animal they own. They have no choice but to eat meat. So in those countries vegetarianism could cause starvation.

I have no problem at all with people who are vegetarians. They are just people like you and I. They just have a great amount of respect for animals. In some ways that is a good thing but don't get obsessive.

[[Wow, I'm sorry for my post being so long guys. [: ]]

Meat eaters do not respect me.

I love animals so much they hate me for it. I don't mind.

Also, I am not turning this topic into a war. I'm talking calmly. Have I said: 'OMG! You **** I hate you!'

No I've kept things calm and thats how I want it to be.

Also, I do not care as much if starving people consume a few animals.

It just bugs me that all of us eat meat and we don't really need it. Ok, maybe some of you, but not all of you.

Meat eaters do not respect me.I love animals so much they hate me for it. I don't mind.

Also, I am not turning this topic into a war. I'm talking calmly. Have I said: 'OMG! You **** I hate you!'

No I've kept things calm and thats how I want it to be.

Also, I do not care as much if starving people consume a few animals.

It just bugs me that all of us eat meat and we don't really need it. Ok, maybe some of you, but not all of you.
Okay, if they don't, then you shouldn't create this insane task that will make them top eating meat. Alot of Vegetarians don't repect meat eaters, either. They view them a "bad and cruel" people from Media lies.

People who eat meat aren't bad or eating "murdered" animals, now are they? No. TO you, maybe, but you need to learn to accept it and it's life.

I can't live on a vegetarian diet. I'd get extreamly sick.

There are Vegetarians who don't care what a person eats. You need to learn to accept that people will eat meat, whenever it bothers you or not. HB, please, for the love of everyones sanity, don't try the whole "I Will make everyone stop eating meat".

@ Snowy - Meat containts Iron which is for Red Blood Cells.

I know its long but read it..O.K well, there are a lot of vegatarians at my school. And for a long time i was a one too, but those of u who are stopping eating meat all together... i just realized that if u think its mean to eat other living breathing creatures, than u must think that animals are mean too! Animals kill other animals even worse than we do. And dont plants fall into the catigory of living and breathing? :D and, (im so sorry if this sounds mean beacause i love all animals)if it is on your plate u are not nessasarily killing it, if u dont eat it, someone else will, and you are not killing it at all, just wasting food. We were created to eat meat,( we have the teeth to proove it) and there is nothing wrong with that, its what god intedid

now im not saying you have to quit cold turky (or cold lettuce) on being a vegatairian and im NOT saying u have to be total meat-eaters im just saying that please stop thinking that people that eat meat are bad people and that eating meat is bad cuz its not.

thats all i got to say.
I'm vegetarian and we are NOT wasting food.

I don't have anything against people who eat meat unless they're all like gorging themselves on meat and going like "You know what you need?! MEAT!!" At vegetarians if you know what I mean.

I'm sick of people attacking vegetarians saying we'll die at an early age because we don't have protein etc etc, I mean there's such thing as CHEESE and MILK!!

And yeah, animals kill other animals to survive and your sort of attacking vegetarians by saying we're wasting food.

Sorry if this is being mean, don't flame me for this.

I'm vegetarian and we are NOT wasting food.
I don't have anything against people who eat meat unless they're all like gorging themselves on meat and going like "You know what you need?! MEAT!!" At vegetarians if you know what I mean.

I'm sick of people attacking vegetarians saying we'll die at an early age because we don't have protein etc etc, I mean there's such thing as CHEESE and MILK!!

And yeah, animals kill other animals to survive and your sort of attacking vegetarians by saying we're wasting food.

Sorry if this is being mean, don't flame me for this.
You're a smart Vegetarian. No, I am not a Vegetarian, but at least you respect people who eat meat.

Both sides can be a bit if a bickering pain. Neither side should care what a persone ats or does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back