Warning! A tamagotchi virus tha may already

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mametchi Lover 1992

Reaction score
I'm sure you have heard of this warning. To let you all know. Me and my friends' theory is: Some bad employee put the Killer Masktchi in a tamagotchi as a joke, thinking no one would find out. But it has killd many of my friends' tamas, except mine. I think that by next week over 40,000 tamagotchis will be infected with this horrible virus. I'm not saying that this theory is true. But it's my best theory so far and it makes the most sense. If you don't beleive me oh well, you are in grat danger of your tamagotchi being killed by the Killer masktchi.

See, when your tamagotchi (or the prson you are connecting with) has the virus and you connect, one of the tamagotchis sadly gets stabbed and dies. A few seconds after the connection is over, an angel will appear on the screen, stating that your tamagotchi is dead. Even when you reset the virus still remains in the tamagotchi, the only way to get rid of the virus is to debug it. That is a risk of loosing your tamagotchi but if the virus hits it with a gift-giving connection, it will die anyways.

I'm sure you have heard of this warning. To let you all know. Me and my friends' theory is: Some bad employee put the Killer Masktchi in a tamagotchi as a joke, thinking no one would find out. But it has killd many of my friends' tamas, except mine. I think that by next week over 40,000 tamagotchis will be infected with this horrible virus. I'm not saying that this theory is true. But it's my best theory so far and it makes the most sense. If you don't beleive me oh well, you are in grat danger of your tamagotchi being killed by the Killer masktchi.
See, when your tamagotchi (or the prson you are connecting with) has the virus and you connect, one of the tamagotchis sadly gets stabbed and dies. A few seconds after the connection is over, an angel will appear on the screen, stating that your tamagotchi is dead. Even when you reset the virus still remains in the tamagotchi, the only way to get rid of the virus is to debug it. That is a risk of loosing your tamagotchi but if the virus hits it with a gift-giving connection, it will die anyways.
STOP THIS MADNESS

You can't spread a virus through Infra Red. I've said it twice now.

Until you've got proof, I think what happened is what i've said.

And you said only one persons tama had died.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other ideas:

1.Buy another tamagotchi

2.DEBUG(not sure about this one!!!)

3.ummm this is a pretty dumb idea but is there a such thing as a person that can scan objects and kill :) the virus :D

ermmm... I think thats TRUE, cos one of our friends said "theres computer viruses, bluetooth viruses, next there'll be Tamagotchi viruses", and what people say to me USUALLY comes TRUE!!!!!!!!

SCARY!!!!

ermmm... I think thats TRUE, cos one of our friends said "theres computer viruses, bluetooth viruses, next there'll be Tamagotchi viruses", and what people say to me USUALLY comes TRUE!!!!!!!!SCARY!!!!
There are no Tamagotchi virus's.

There may be bugs, but certainly not viruses.

Computer virus' are spread via the internet, same with blootooth on Mobile Phones, they access the internet, catch a virus, but is very rare. Tamagotchi's do not have virus's, Bandai is the only manufacturer of Tamagotchi's, if one of the programmers decided to put a virus in the Tamagotchi, which spread via Infrared, the yes. Although I dont know if thats even possible.

Back to the point, there is no Tamagotchi Virus.

//haze

*moved to comments and rumors*

I Actually find this quite asusing. :) I don't believe it, but I find it amusing.

KM

:D * No, I do not belive that there's such thing as "Killer Masktchi", because if there was I'd be holding my tamagotchi sooo tight even though i already am! But, No Sorry Don't belive it 'till I see it..*!

catcetera2 :)

This might be ppossibe, so I'm going to take both sides, even though I really can't belive people are beliving this.

NO:

There are no viruses on Tamagotchi. If the programmer of the Tamagotchi put a virus in a Tamagotchi, it would spread via infra red. But that wouldn't happen.

Viruses spread via the internet and sometimes, but rarley via Bluetooth on Celllphones. But w/ cellphones, some can use the internet, wich is were the virus comes from. And if this even was true, why dosent resetting it work? You resest your Tamagotchi when you debug.

YES:

Viruses come from the internet. That is how they spread. They can also spread through Bluetooth technongy, wich is for cellphones. Cellphones can have internet on them, wich is where the viruses on cellphones come from.

If you had a Japanese phone that used infra red, that had internet, and the phone got a virus. Then if you connected your phone to your keitai Tmagotchi, wich also uses infra red, it might get the virus.

Keitais can connect to The Tamagotchi Connections and Connexions.

There you have it. How the virus started.

To let you all know. Me and my friends' theory is: Some bad employee put the Killer Masktchi in a tamagotchi as a joke, thinking no one would find out. But it has killd many of my friends' tamas, except mine.
You got that joke part from ME!

You can try and forcibally connect and kill the other tama, scan it before they return to the origanal tama, so you have proof. NO BLURRY PICTURES!

Maskitchi is part ninja, so it might have something to do with that... Or maybe the age of the other tama...

I half-believe them. But on the other hadn, they are turning this into digimon.

"We need to kill the virus."? You can't becuase you:

1: don't have that technology.

2: you would need anti-virus software.

3: Even if you debug it would still be there. It is programmed in it.

I know this becuase I am a digi-destined!!!!

I half-believe them. But on the other hadn, they are turning this into digimon.
"We need to kill the virus."? You can't becuase you:

1: don't have that technology.

2: you would need anti-virus software.

3: Even if you debug it would still be there. It is programmed in it.

I know this becuase I am a digi-destined!!!!
There tamagotchis not Digimon.

No, there are no viruses for genuine Tamagotchi.

Tamagotchis I dont think retain information like a computer - a Tamagotchi has everything it needs to know, and just shows part of it when needed. Viruses arent within that, and tamagotchi doesnt have the software to receive 'updates'or new stuff, so a 'virus' would not be possible.

I shall not believe this until there is a video of proof. :)

No, there are no viruses for genuine Tamagotchi.
Tamagotchis I dont think retain information like a computer - a Tamagotchi has everything it needs to know, and just shows part of it when needed. Viruses arent within that, and tamagotchi doesnt have the software to receive 'updates'or new stuff, so a 'virus' would not be possible.

I shall not believe this until there is a video of proof. :D
Well said Spiffy. :)

As proved before with the Entama, every Tamagotchi has everything it needs built-in beforehand, and some things are revealed later on. All the passwords on the V3 are generated based on the username and character, so it's pretty much impossible for it to pick up a virus via internet.

If such a program for a "Killer Masktchi" was built into the V3, then EVERY Tamagotchi has it, also due to the fact that programs and such are not exchanged by infrared, but only information can. That's how Tamagotchis work: they exchange information based on each Tama's name, character, info, etc. The Tama never actually leaves your egg and visits another Tama, all it does is exchange the needed info and an image of your character appears on the other screen and does the programmed action.

I will believe that this "Killer Maskutchi" is nothing but a widespread rumor unless I see actual proof if it being real. And no, simply posting "omg but it happened to me :) " isn't going to cut it.

Well said Spiffy. :)
As proved before with the Entama, every Tamagotchi has everything it needs built-in beforehand, and some things are revealed later on. All the passwords on the V3 are generated based on the username and character, so it's pretty much impossible for it to pick up a virus via internet.

If such a program for a "Killer Masktchi" was built into the V3, then EVERY Tamagotchi has it, also due to the fact that programs and such are not exchanged by infrared, but only information can. That's how Tamagotchis work: they exchange information based on each Tama's name, character, info, etc. The Tama never actually leaves your egg and visits another Tama, all it does is exchange the needed info and an image of your character appears on the other screen and does the programmed action.

I will believe that this "Killer Maskutchi" is nothing but a widespread rumor unless I see actual proof if it being real. And no, simply posting "omg but it happened to me :) " isn't going to cut it.
true true

There tamagotchis not Digimon.
I know that. I am just saying they are turning this issue into a big deal. They say "they need to destroy the virus" so that is why I think they are making it a digimon-theme.

Also, I think it is a possibility. There are updates sort of. When the golden tamagotchi comes out, that is like an update to the tamagotchi. An employee could hide a virus in that maybe. Seriously doubt it though.

Also, I think it is a possibility. There are updates sort of. When the golden tamagotchi comes out, that is like an update to the tamagotchi. An employee could hide a virus in that maybe. Seriously doubt it though.
Actually, the Golden Tamagotchi is a souvenir item, and it's already programmed into the V3. When Bandai releases the Golden Tama onto the website, all it'll be is a game where you win a password for the Golden Tama. It's not an update, because it's already available, so if you wanna get the Golden Tama early, figure out how the V3 password system generates codes and follow in Binary's footsteps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back