!Warning!Warning!Warning!Warning!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not alone Sweet Kandi.

To tell the truth I hate how I look at the moment... thoguh since I have been on holidays i've lost a bit of weight

You're not alone Sweet Kandi.To tell the truth I hate how I look at the moment... thoguh since I have been on holidays i've lost a bit of weight
Gah, lucky. I gained weight over the holidays x.x' I've actually gained a lot of weight since going back to living with my mom. For some reason I eat more when I live with her xP

But we're going off topic x.x Hopefully we can lose the weight we need to in a healthy manner ^.^ Good luck to you!

Prescription drugs are only hazardous to those who will abuse them. I have been on some medications since I was 16, and they have helped me a lot :lol: I do not abuse them, or give them to my friends.. which is what some kids will do.. and that is wrong. But having a medicine prescribed to you for a legitimate reason is not bad. :)

Prescription drugs are only hazardous to those who will abuse them. I have been on some medications since I was 16, and they have helped me a lot :lol: I do not abuse them, or give them to my friends.. which is what some kids will do.. and that is wrong. But having a medicine prescribed to you for a legitimate reason is not bad. :)
The only time I give a prescribed medication to anyone if it's my mom and it's vicodin. She recently threw out her back and I had some left over vicodin from a surgery I had in October. The only time I ever take anyone else's medication is if I know what's wrong with me and I know exactly what the medication does. An example of this is I have a sinus infection, so I took some of my mom's amoxicillin, which is a decongestant. I only take medication from my mom and I only give mine to her if either of us need it.

I think it's kind of stupid for people to abuse prescription meds x.x Mainly because in the future, you may need it for one reason or another, and a doctor might not prescribe it for you, or you may not have a doctor TO prescribe it. Keeping left over medications could save you from a lot of pain or sickness later on. Or at least that's what I believe o.o'

The only time I give a prescribed medication to anyone if it's my mom and it's vicodin. She recently threw out her back and I had some left over vicodin from a surgery I had in October. The only time I ever take anyone else's medication is if I know what's wrong with me and I know exactly what the medication does. An example of this is I have a sinus infection, so I took some of my mom's amoxicillin, which is a decongestant. I only take medication from my mom and I only give mine to her if either of us need it.
I think it's kind of stupid for people to abuse prescription meds x.x Mainly because in the future, you may need it for one reason or another, and a doctor might not prescribe it for you, or you may not have a doctor TO prescribe it. Keeping left over medications could save you from a lot of pain or sickness later on. Or at least that's what I believe o.o'
Exactly :lol: My father and I take the same anxiety medications.. but he gets more than me, since I don't have health insurance right now and I need to get less so it doesn't cost as much.. but if I run out of them, he will give me a few of his.. only because I take the same thing, and I know what it is and what it does.

I do think that doctor's are pushing med's to more and more people, earlier and earlier in life. My psychiatrist has put me on over 7 different medications in the past 5 years... Now I only take 3, but it's tough getting on and off medications like that.

Exactly :lol: My father and I take the same anxiety medications.. but he gets more than me, since I don't have health insurance right now and I need to get less so it doesn't cost as much.. but if I run out of them, he will give me a few of his.. only because I take the same thing, and I know what it is and what it does.
I do think that doctor's are pushing med's to more and more people, earlier and earlier in life. My psychiatrist has put me on over 7 different medications in the past 5 years... Now I only take 3, but it's tough getting on and off medications like that.
As for doctors pushing meds, I know what you mean x.x I had a psychiatrist when I was hospitalized. He put me on three meds at the same time. Prozac(anti-depressant), Tegretol(mood 'stabalizer'), and Trazodone(sleep-aid and anti-depressant). Putting those meds together made everything worse. The only one out of those that I take now is the Trazodone for a sleep-aid. It seems like all the doctor wanted to do was put me on expensive meds and dismiss me without thinking of how the combination mixed.

It's almost like doctors just put you on as many meds possible without thinking of what might happen.

As for doctors pushing meds, I know what you mean x.x I had a psychiatrist when I was hospitalized. He put me on three meds at the same time. Prozac(anti-depressant), Tegretol(mood 'stabalizer'), and Trazodone(sleep-aid and anti-depressant). Putting those meds together made everything worse. The only one out of those that I take now is the Trazodone for a sleep-aid. It seems like all the doctor wanted to do was put me on expensive meds and dismiss me without thinking of how the combination mixed.
It's almost like doctors just put you on as many meds possible without thinking of what might happen.
Ahhh Trazadone! I used to take that to sleep at night! I don't know why I stopped... it really helped a lot. I now take Effexor-XR (anti-depressant), Lorazepam (anti-anxiety), and Tylenol 4's (pain for my disabled foot x_x)... and I've been on so many in the past, I can't even remember all of the names!

When I was in college, I told my doctor I was tired during the day... and she gave me Adderol and told me I had ADHD when I never had symptoms before. I think, maybe, perhaps doctors get more money from the drug companies when they write out prescriptions, hmm... that would make sense.

Oh and about the main-topic..... My friends and I used to play 'the choking game' in 11th grade. We were playing it outside on the sidewalk, when it was this girl Tracy's turn... she ended up passing out and hitting her head on the street... We were all scared because she was laying there for a minute or two before she moved.. then she couldn't remember where she lived.. or her phone number... and she was crying... So do not ever play this 'game'.. it's very very dangerous indeed.

Gah, lucky. I gained weight over the holidays x.x' I've actually gained a lot of weight since going back to living with my mom. For some reason I eat more when I live with her xP
But we're going off topic x.x Hopefully we can lose the weight we need to in a healthy manner ^.^ Good luck to you!
Oh... Strange... Well I hope you can also lose the weight and be healthy and Good luck to you too

and Thanks!

Ahhh Trazadone! I used to take that to sleep at night! I don't know why I stopped... it really helped a lot. I now take Effexor-XR (anti-depressant), Lorazepam (anti-anxiety), and Tylenol 4's (pain for my disabled foot x_x)... and I've been on so many in the past, I can't even remember all of the names!
When I was in college, I told my doctor I was tired during the day... and she gave me Adderol and told me I had ADHD when I never had symptoms before. I think, maybe, perhaps doctors get more money from the drug companies when they write out prescriptions, hmm... that would make sense.

Oh and about the main-topic..... My friends and I used to play 'the choking game' in 11th grade. We were playing it outside on the sidewalk, when it was this girl Tracy's turn... she ended up passing out and hitting her head on the street... We were all scared because she was laying there for a minute or two before she moved.. then she couldn't remember where she lived.. or her phone number... and she was crying... So do not ever play this 'game'.. it's very very dangerous indeed.
Trazodone works wonders for me. I'm an insomniac, so I can stay up pretty much as long as I want without being tired x.x' I usually don't stay up too horribly long though.

Isn't Adderol something like Ritalin? My friend takes that for ADD. Sometimes I think I might have ADD, but I've taken ritalin before for 'other' purposes and it didn't effect me in the way it would someone with ADD.

On a note to the topic, when it comes to prescription drugs:

Don't EVER take someone else's drugs unless you:

1. Have the person's, their guardian's, and your guardian's permission.

2. Take the same med as they do, and for some reason need one of theirs.

3. Know EXACTLY what you're taking and why you need it.

Speaking from personal experience:

I took a friend's Ritalin one night. I ended up not being able to feel most of my body and was awake for over 36 hours even WITH taking a sleep-aid. I also threw up many times throughout the night, went through hallucinations, and eventually passed out. I took 10mg of Ritalin and had a drug over dose. Had I taken more than I did, I very well could have killed myself.

Take it from the girl who didn't listen to her own advice.

DO NOT MESS WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S MEDS!

Trazodone works wonders for me. I'm an insomniac, so I can stay up pretty much as long as I want without being tired x.x' I usually don't stay up too horribly long though.
Isn't Adderol something like Ritalin? My friend takes that for ADD. Sometimes I think I might have ADD, but I've taken ritalin before for 'other' purposes and it didn't effect me in the way it would someone with ADD.

On a note to the topic, when it comes to prescription drugs:

Don't EVER take someone else's drugs unless you:

1. Have the person's, their guardian's, and your guardian's permission.

2. Take the same med as they do, and for some reason need one of theirs.

3. Know EXACTLY what you're taking and why you need it.

Speaking from personal experience:

I took a friend's Ritalin one night. I ended up not being able to feel most of my body and was awake for over 36 hours even WITH taking a sleep-aid. I also threw up many times throughout the night, went through hallucinations, and eventually passed out. I took 10mg of Ritalin and had a drug over dose. Had I taken more than I did, I very well could have killed myself.

Take it from the girl who didn't listen to her own advice.

DO NOT MESS WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S MEDS!
Heh I feel like we have so much in common :lol: The longest I've been awake was 44 hours.. almost made it to 48 and I just HAD to sleep.. but I can stay up for 30 hours+ and be fine too. Especially now that I ran out of my medications until my doctor's appointment next week.

And everything you said is true. Prescription drugs are a 'fad' now... I remember a lot of people taking random pills and stuff during high school, and it can have serious repercussions.

Also, let's not forget cigarettes too! They are also very popular now among teens.. and are so bad for you. I just quit smoking finally, and I'm so glad I have. Lung cancer is not something anyone wants, and cigarettes are gross.

Heh I feel like we have so much in common :lol: The longest I've been awake was 44 hours.. almost made it to 48 and I just HAD to sleep.. but I can stay up for 30 hours+ and be fine too. Especially now that I ran out of my medications until my doctor's appointment next week.
And everything you said is true. Prescription drugs are a 'fad' now... I remember a lot of people taking random pills and stuff during high school, and it can have serious repercussions.

Also, let's not forget cigarettes too! They are also very popular now among teens.. and are so bad for you. I just quit smoking finally, and I'm so glad I have. Lung cancer is not something anyone wants, and cigarettes are gross.
The thing I see most teens taking now-a-days is pain meds like vicodin and oxycotton. Almost reminds me of House, heh.

As for cigarettes, I smoked when I was a bit younger. I used to steal them from my mom when she was sleeping. I never really became addicted to them, which I'm greatful for, but sometimes, mostly when I'm stressed I feel like I need one. It's annoying o.o'

It's amazing what some kids/teens will do for drugs, be it prescription or street. It honestly sickens me to see my generation doing half the stuff they do x.x

The thing I see most teens taking now-a-days is pain meds like vicodin and oxycotton. Almost reminds me of House, heh.
As for cigarettes, I smoked when I was a bit younger. I used to steal them from my mom when she was sleeping. I never really became addicted to them, which I'm greatful for, but sometimes, mostly when I'm stressed I feel like I need one. It's annoying o.o'

It's amazing what some kids/teens will do for drugs, be it prescription or street. It honestly sickens me to see my generation doing half the stuff they do x.x
Yay House!

Back on topic: I kind of don't see how crazy "fads" like this get started. Like the choking game? I don't see how risking your life is just a game. Then again, it's the same with that "Above the Influence" commercial. All the kids were sticking leeches to themselves just because it was in.

Well, I'm making myself a promise that I will not ever smoke or do drugs. I will still have friends even if all the kids think I'm a wimp for turning them down. I'm just scared that if I ever do get offered drugs at school, that I'll be so presured that I'll just wimp out and say "yes." So I'm going to try my hardest not to make that happen.

Ah I see..My mom, at my birthday party year before last, sucked in helium for like, ten seconds, and when she talked she sounded like a chipmunk!

Made all my friends laugh.

Thanks for teaching me something new though!
I don't think inhailing helium can harm you some people on brainiac do that for money!

I don't think inhailing helium can harm you some people on brainiac do that for money!
Inhaling helium kills your brain cells and has some effect on your voicebox that makes your voice really high pitched for a short amount of time.

I personally don't think it's *that* dangerous, but it is to an extent.

Also, some people do anything for money. Be it stupid or not, they'll do it. x.x'

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I would view it as a sign of personal weakness if I gave in to the pressure to smoke, drink, do drugs, etc.

I don't want to have to rely on a little stick to get me through the day(smoking cigarettes). I would drive myself crazy if that were the case. What's the point?

I am 20, and I have never drank alchohol, and I've never done any form of drugs. Not even just to "try it". Why would I want to try it? I don't need it now, and I never will. I have a fun time without all that junk, and even when things are really tough and I'm feeling depressed...I know I can get through it without relying on a chemical.

This is not to say I think badly of those who choose to drink occasionally or are addicted to cigarettes, I know lots of people who do and who are. This is their choice, as long as they are responsible about it. It's just that I've made my choice, too, and I'm very proud of it. :)

I have to put all my insulin and Tablets In our medicine Cabinate to keep them away From Emily.

People take drugs to make them feel better about themselves or Suicide. Even though they are illegal,People still try to sell them to kids on the street and on the internet :) Or inhaling aerosols deliberatly can damage you :eek:

Aimme

The other thing that the presenters of Brainiac always say very clearly is that you should not try any of these experiments at home....

*Motorola, stop spamming again.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back