what is this?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjbird

Reaction score
help! i've adopted an abandoned tama and i can't figure it out. it died several times before i figured out how to do it and each time it's a little girl with thick black hair and big feet. i can't find the pic on any character charts and even though it's a couple days old, the pic has not changed at all. also, the icons for things are diff too- ex. games are a film reel (on that note, the games are diff too- soccer and something about catching things in a hat- they both make her cry) there's an umbrella that i used to give her a hat on a sunny day, a dustpan for going to the bathroom, no light but a moon with some z's for going to sleep, two little stick figures standing together that i haven't gotten to do anything, and two hearts with an arrow through them i haven't gotten to do anything either. there's a fork and knife for the food and i have lots of stuff like hamburger, pies, water, apple, ice cream to choose from. it's pink with red right around the screen and a green pic that looks like two ducks kissing at the top. does this sound familiar to anyone? the back says c BANDAI WiZ 2004 BANDAI 2004 made in china then a bunch of stuff in chinese. please help if you know what this is! thanx!

:furawatchi: Hmmm, sounds very fishy! I am pretty sure that you do NOT have a genuine Tamagotchi toy. I suggest you pick up one in a store somewhere!

I am fairly new to tamagotchi so I can't really help much. The copyright message on the back sounds ok...it's the same as what I have on my genuine Ban Dai tamas, but there is no chinese writing on the back of mine. The best thing to do is try to get a photo of your tama and provide a link so the more expert tama fans here at tamatalk can actually see it.

you probably have one of the different electronic pets, something like a Nano Baby. they are also made by bandai

I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!!

MY FRIEND HAD ONE LIKE THIS!!!

its a type of animal tamagotchi... there pretty rare. youre lucky i want one of those!

thanx for all the quick answers! it's not a house it's in, it's a pink egg. i'm going to check out the nano baby thing, i'm not sure about the pet one, she actually looks like a little girl. i have gotten it to do a little more this morning, i went to the notebook thing and it showed another little girl for awhile and then she was all happy, but i keep losing at the games and making her cry :furawatchi: oh well, thanx again!- oh yeah, the is all the stuff for a connection, i went to the heart with )) that outside it and it tried to connect, maybe i can find someone else with one and see what it does?

Either it's a tamaOtch or

an Arukotchi. There both girls.

On Arukotchi you get boyfriends and stuff like that.

tamaotch is a Tamagotchi based on a Japenese Comedian.

Hmm, it's not a Tamagotchi, that's for sure.

It would be very helpful if you could show us a picture. Sounds like it runs like a Gyaoppi.

OK- i checked those other names you gave me and that's not it either, the closest thing I found (as far as having the same controls and options) was something called a pocket turtle? I took some pics but now I have to figure out how to get them on here! Thanks for all the help so far, it's still alive, even if I don't know what it is :huh:

ok- that's the only way i could figure out how to show a pic- the avitar is my thing... whatever it is- i have more pics if anyone knows how i can show them?

its kind of far away and squished though. You could upload them to www.photobucket.com and either give us a link to them there or just copy and paste the BB code into the forums here

It's not a TamaOtchi, since the icons don't match up to the ones you've described, the logos aren't the same, and the case's color doesn't match to the TamaOtchi(Ther was only one color released)... I'll keep doing more research to see what I can come up with :kuribotchi:

BTW, this Chinese writing on the back... is it all complex characters(like 5 or more lines a character), are there some simple characters that look like they're made with curved lines, or some characters with circles in them? This will help us a lot! (Need to find out if this is Japanese, Chinese, or what :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this is a fake. The only Tamagotchi released in 2004 was the Connexion, and Connexions never were realesed in those colors( the closest is the same shell color, but with a white inside instead of dark pink, and has red buttons, unlike your baby blue buttons).

Also, Why would there be Chinese/Japanese/Korean writing on the back of a European toy?! It makes no sense to me.

Usually with cheap imitation Tamas, the characters are really wierd or out of place(often making you wonder "what the heck is this thing doing here in the first place?!"), and the games make no sense and are suprisingly difficult; whereas authentic Tamas have games that tend to be easy to pick up and play without instructions.

And so ladies and gentlemen, this is my reasoning for dubbing this a "fake." Sorry bjbird :kuribotchi:

https://photobucket.com/albums/f91/bjbird80/

ok, there's my link, some of the pics uploaded kind of dark but i think you can see ok if you look close. the writing on the back is pretty complex, but there are also some really simple characters, none with circles in them though. my buttons are actually light grey (maybe used to be white). I've figured out the 2 games and they're very easy. on one, there's a little man holding a hat and you have to move his hat to the left right or top to catch things that are falling before they hit the ground or hit him in the head. the other game is a soccer player that you move by pressing the B button repeatedly, too fast and he misses the goal, make a goal and make the tama (cause i don't know what else to call it) happy. There's also a meter with a pencil thing over it that seems to be a learning meter. it fills up when you click on a journal icon and a lady comes on and appears to be teaching something- always makes the tama happy but she won't always do it, and there always has to be some time between seesions for it. also, sometimes a little house and tree show up and it appears to be raining or snowing or very bright sunshine, you go to an umbrella icon and choose a hat or umbrella, right one makes the tama smile. all these icons are at the top, at the bottom are the connection ones, they just try to connect to something for awhile and then show an x by the little pictures. it does not have a regular bedtime and lots of times will sleep far into the day, until i wake it up- yes, the clock is set right- there's also an alarm. even when the health thing is empty, she will not take a shot, unless the little skull icon comes up. the stats thing gives her age and an s followed by a number that keeps getting bigger, it started really low but it's at 373 now. there's no warning when she's going to go to the bathroom, a little pile of poo just shows up and you have to go to a dustpan icon that cleans it up by showing a toilet. that is all can think of that might help- thanks to everyone helping!

That is a fake! I swear! I have been tricked to buying it! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if it is fake, alteast it works! Sounds like a tamagotchi, but with a little girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back