What is your religeon?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=14pt]I'm a semi-religious Jew:p[/SIZE]

Though I still like to go to "the 25th" parties.

for the food.^^

O.O not that many Jews on tamatalk, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not trying to start a religeous flame war, I was just wondering about the religeons of other tamatalkers.I and Catholic, but am converting to Wicca. how bout you? Just Curios.
What's Wicca?

God, it sure is weird to come back to topics that you made a year ago and see just how terrible you were x___x

As of now, I don't know what I am.

No idea.

I believe a lot of things, from a lot of different religions.

What do they call that? D;

The one thing I do know is that I am not a Christian. Sorry to burst your bubble if you are one, but I don't believe a dang thing the Catholic // Christian church preaches. Not one.

I'm an atheist who doesn't believe in afterlife, god(s), souls, and that emotions are any more than chemicals in your brain. Life's beautiful, yes, but when you die you're dead.

And I just don't find worshipping a book my style. ;D

:edits in some background information:

I've been/am being raised Presbyterian, and my mom and sister are HARDCORE Christians.

I go to a Prep school with EXTREME Christian values that make me want to just roll my eyes after a while--it's like having the One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple People shoved in your face all the time. I don't believe in it, I don't want it constantly bugging me. My friends are all Christians and know I'm an atheist. They're fine with it. I really do hope the TamaTalkers are fine with it as well. Don't try to convert me like they did at first. Pleeeease. :sweatdrop: I got very aggravated and punched the girl in the face. Preaching to me about something I don't believe to exist isn't a smart thing to do with temperamental Shocky.

I don't have a problem with religions and it's not like I'll think badly of you for it, I just don't believe in any of them. Bleeeh.

God, it sure is weird to come back to topics that you made a year ago and see just how terrible you were x___x
As of now, I don't know what I am.

No idea.

I believe a lot of things, from a lot of different religions.

What do they call that? D;

The one thing I do know is that I am not a Christian. Sorry to burst your bubble if you are one, but I don't believe a dang thing the Catholic // Christian church preaches. Not one.
I used to be like that, but then I started thinking about everything much much more.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't really know. I don't know if there is a God, in some shape or form, but I really hope there is.

And I've been reading a bit about Unitarian Universalists. Some of their views make sense to me, but others don't...

When it comes down to it all, I'm just confused. I don't really identify with anything much.

1% Jewish

I'm a Jew, but practice nothing Jewish except for minor holidays, or to be exact Chanukah (which is actually a minor holiday, contrary to belief) and I will have a Bar-Mitzvah, but I believe in no God. I believe in some of the Torah stories, though.

Well...I don't have one. I don't know my stance on (G)god. I for one am not a big fan of religon because I went to seventh and eighth grade at a school that was popuilated with mormons. That down casted me. Yeah they were nice but it was really restricted. No tanks, noting two inches above the knee. Absoutly no hair dya, no nail polish, no make-up. Thoes aren't necesarily mormon religon rules but yeah. Still.I enjoy having no religon and being free to be open-minded and see both sides of any argument. (Sorry about any mistakes, I have been up since 5;30 am and it is 11;11 pm right now DX)

I used to be like that, but then I started thinking about everything much much more.I've come to the conclusion that I don't really know. I don't know if there is a God, in some shape or form, but I really hope there is.

And I've been reading a bit about Unitarian Universalists. Some of their views make sense to me, but others don't...

When it comes down to it all, I'm just confused. I don't really identify with anything much.
Yeah D:

I'm going to start looking into things. What are these Unitarian Universalists?

They only problem is sometimes I have problems with, "Do I find this knowledgeable and truthful, or do I only find this interesting to read?"

Sometimes I can't tell them apart :[

I don't exactly have one... I'm part Wiccan, you could say. I believe in witch craft and such.

I'm an atheist.

Yep. My entire family is Baptist as far as I am aware, but I've been an atheist since I was around 8.

I am Christian..

Sometimes, though, I do think that many things the Bible says just don't make sense. I mean, we've already learned about evolution in school and all kinds of things that make me doubt. And, as well, I just seem to believe things more when they are taught in school rather that church.

I do try to think and know that God is real, but everyone seems to tell me different. Teachers say one thing, the Bible says the opposite is true.

My whole family is Christian, so I guess I'll go with that..

I am Christian..
Sometimes, though, I do think that many things the Bible says just don't make sense. I mean, we've already learned about evolution in school and all kinds of things that make me doubt. And, as well, I just seem to believe things more when they are taught in school rather that church.

I do try to think and know that God is real, but everyone seems to tell me different. Teachers say one thing, the Bible says the opposite is true.

My whole family is Christian, so I guess I'll go with that..
It's normal to wonder about the contradictions between what you learn in school and what you hear in Church.

If you're not comfortable with simply accepting it, the best thing is to ask questions :D

There's no need to ask them as if you don't believe in your God. Challenging people like that just leads to argument and uncomfortable situations.

But if you chat to your pastor about questions you have perhaps they will be able to explain them to you more clearly and it will help.

The only dumb question is the one you don't ask ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back