Which sites are blocked at your school?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm pretty sure all the social/forum sites are blocked. I can be wrong, though. I do NOT want to risk going to somewhere like Myspace during computer class because on my teachers computer he can see what everybody is doing! He can even control your computer from his computer. He is also strict so no one should mess with him...

EDIT: He can also do this thing to either one, some, or everybodys computer which is have this thing on your computer screen that says " Eyes to the front of the class, please" and then you've lost control over your computer until he takes it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Youtube, social networking anything, email things, fun sites like MLIA and Locats etc. Pretty much everything non-education related.

It's my fault MLIA is blocked, I feel like a disappointment.

Everything.. D:
So.....what would happen in ICT lessons without ANY websites whatsoever?

They ban game websites, and chatty websites. And only teachers have access to Youtube. Basically, every website exept for google, and the information sites. And also, the teacher can actually see from his computer what we are doing.

Basically everything fun is blocked, including game sites. Even freaking Cbbc games is blocked. I mean WTF? What harm is a kiddie's site gonna do? I've not tried it, but I bet you they blocked Cbeebies games as well. Oh, and get this; they didn't freaking block ED

Ugh, they block EVERYTHING at my school pretty much. Oh, but they haven't blocked tamatalk, he he. I go on on my lunch break every so often.

Myspace/Facebook/Twitter/Youtube all that bull

Any outgoing 'live' connections. So I can never get in chat rooms, even if they aren't blocked.

Same goes with videos that aren't supported on a WMP platform. Even if the sites unblocked, the video's won't play.

Any email website.

Proxy sites. Obviously. I'm installing one on my Flashdrive over the break and use it at school.

Deviantart. God that one p!sses me off.

Amazingly Photobucket hasn't been blocked. What.

Youtube

Nintendo.com

Myspace

TMZ.com (D:)

YTV.com

Treehousetv.com (some parts of the site)

Photobucket

Windows Live.com

Snapvine.com (they didn't ban the site but they banned the recording feutures)

Deviantart

Pokemon.com (they think its INAPOROPIATE)

cbckids (WTF?! A kids site wont hurt anyone! but theres a show with blood called chilly beach o.o)

Let's seee

Hallmark(I know retarted, right?)

Facebook

Twitter

Myspace

Too many to count, I don't remember Dx

Like everything xD

And by that I mean no social networking sites. Like no Facebook, no TT, no email, etc. Except the whole school's pretty much worked out by now that if you put an 's' after the 'http' of a blocked website you get instant access to it anyway. 8D

To tell you the truth, like every single good site it blocked on my school laptops. Except, surprisingly YouTube isn't. Besides the school website, and Google Images and Wikipedia, and links from the school website, like everything is blocked. Well, that is anything that has "inappropriate content" or is "non-educational content", the computer's have some dumb scanner thing that makes everything load all slow where it scans every website before showing anything so that it can choose if it should be blocked or not. Once while I was trying to do a report it blocked a picture of AMELIA EARHART. I was like, what the...? 0_o

YouTube's not blocked, but we're not allowed to use it because if one person uses it, it lags the whole school's internet.

-Facebook

-Myspace

-Youtube (which some people get on but get in trouble)

-Gmail, Yahoo, Aol (were not supposed 2 b on)

-Piczo

-Fourms

-Club Penguin

-Google Images (due to ''innopropreite pics)

-addictinggames and miniclips

Stuff that were allowed on-

StudyIsland

Twitter (also suprising)

Girlsense

FunBrain

Photobucket (suprising)

Wikipedia

DeviantArt >:[

RateMyDrawings

and suprisingly, hotmail and ebay isn't blocked :/

:)

Too many.

Here, youtube, FACEBOOK :huh: , every game site apart from stupid primarygames.com, MEEBO, Mindless Self Indulgence's official site, Boys Like Girls official site...FLICKR :lol:

But I get my fill of online shopping - Amazon, Hot Topic and some other site isn't blocked. Not like I have a credit card anyways.

But we have school emails so I figure out peoples email addresses and email them spam.

I hate my school.

Oh and this really dumb girl at my school, Ashleigh, she got Grooveshark blocked

That was MY SOURCE OF ENTERTAINMENT!

Oh and Fearnet isn't blocked. I annoy everyone by watching the ORPHAN trailer all the time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back