who has autisim?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in middle school now! boy is this school crazy. the rules are caotic! I wrote a list of complaints but my teacher said it was pointless and he crumpled it up! it was a LONG paper!

I don't have it but my little sister does. And vanity it's a disability. And I might have a little bit too I got the same shot she did as a baby so I might.

I don't have autism, and I've never met anyone who does, but my mom used to work with autistic kids, and she told me about her experiences. A common misconception is that autistic people are not intelligent. My mom says this is absolutely not true, and a lot of the kids she worked with were actually more intelligent than "regular" kids. They're different in other ways, she said, like sometimes they don't know you're talking. I think it's disgusting that people with autism are treated so badly by other kids sometimes! :angry: I have extremely mild ADD, and I hate when people make fun of me for it. :/ I don't know about people with severe ADD, but with people who have it mildly like me, it is so not true that we're always bouncing off the walls and being hyper. xD Oh, and I also don't have problems listening to my mom or most people. It's just teachers! I don't find the actual schoolwork itself hard, I just can't listen to whatever a teacher is saying! It's so annoying! x_x It starts out as regular speech, and then it's as if they're just saying "Blah, blah, blah-blahbitty-blah, blah blah blah." And your mind instantly travels to something more interesting, like playing video games. xD I hate having ADD and being fun of for it. I try to listen, but it's, like, impossible. 0_0

I am not autistic. I had a brother with autism. He passed away a little less than a year ago.

Autism is a social disorder; the cause is ambiguous. Autism, however, doesn't always stem from a vaccination;

"Other proposed causes, such as childhood vaccines, are controversial; the vaccine hypotheses lack convincing scientific evidence." - Wikipedia article on Autism

My brother's autism was quite apparent from birth.

I'm not sure if autism is a particular disorder, or a catch all term for a group of social disorders. I believe it is the latter. Most people would have not heard of a cure for autism because they are not activly involved in autism research. I really wouldn't know of a cure, seeing as I rarely look into things about autism.

I do believe a cure is possible if the disease is not genetic. I think most forms of autism are genetic, but not all of them. Autism is a brain development disorder; this leads me to believe that once the brain is fully developed, it may be too late to treat. What is really important to figure out is what these mutated genes are actually doing. Are they producing a chemical that can be removed? Are they not producing enough of a chemical? Are there multiple structural problems within the brain or nervous system? It's tricky, you see, but with due time most problems can be solved.

Currently, there is no known cure for autism.

Asperger's is not quite a form of autism; it is a social disorder. They normally have no delay in language skills and it is said that the cause of Asperger's and other PDD are different from autism.

Drop me a line if you would like to learn more about autism.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I don't but I have a brother who has Aspergers.

I hate it when people are mean just because others are different, lifes hard enough, without all that extra stress added.

My brother got teased for the first few years of senior school, but he didn't (and still doesn't) know he has Aspergers, and they teased him because he was different. One time on of the kids picked him up and spun him round and threw him down, so he punched them, they left him alone.

I'm not autistic but I would love to be friends!!!

Congrats on middleschool though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not autistic. I had a brother with autism. He passed away a little less than a year ago.
I'm sorry for your loss ='[

That must have been hard.

I'm not Autistic, but my school spelcializes in like taking care of kids who are (or have any other developmental disease), so I know a lot of them.

They are just like everybody else, and that's how they should be treated.

I feel sorry for all people with all kinds of disabilities, autism especially. It's so terrible how some people are horrid enough to tease these people with disabilities. In Australia, it's almost impossible to find someone who teases someone with a disability. Some people do it (only boys), and they usually get suspended, but sometimes expelled if its seriously mean.

my brother who is two years older than me has autism, but he has quite mild autism and its very hard for him to communicate properly and differenciate between right and wrong. sometimes it makes me so sad and sometimes i cry ): its hard to control him sometimes. at times he can drive me mad, but i love him :) im sure its hard for you, as sometimes it can be hard for me even though i dont have autism. good luck going into middle school.

I'd love to be able to do something to help, if it means I get to stand there in a clown suit to make the people happy, I'd do it.

It's upsetting that America, kids in America to be specific, can be that rude! "In order to be irreplaceable one must be different."

If they laugh at you for being different, laugh back, they're all the same. Try and make the best of life though, do what you want. No one can stop you.

My friend has autism. Not very strong on her, but her brother has even worse. They both always get teased and it really hurts to see that. Some people think that everyone should be the same and have no problems, and look the same and everything be the same. Thats not possible and unfortunately alot of kids dont understand that, and tease and bully other kids.

Im gonna stop talking about this now, its abit of a touchy subject.

I have met two girls with autism; Megan and Katie.

Both were lovely. =3

I can't really empathise, seeing as I don't have it, but I can sympathise.

Good luck at middle school! You'll do great! People who tease autistic people are the real losers. >=[

My one and only sister is autistic. She is very low functioning (i think) and goes to a special school kinda far away. So when i tell people i have a little sister in the forth grade, they ask what school she goes to (expecting me to say one of the 4 elementary schools in the district), and i really don't know what to say. She is a very pretty girl, strawberry blonde hair, clear blue eyes, and i would like nothing more for her then to be able to experience the world like i do. She doesn't get ridiculed a lot, be/c she goes to a school with all other kids like her, although she is one of the better ones. Me and my family only ever hear somthing from other people when we are out together, and my sister runs over to see some birds or somthing and they fly away, and i hear some person say "Look at that horrible little girl. She just chased those birds away. Horrible Horrible Horrible." So my mom goes and is like "Hey. You know what. She is autistic. So stfu and never say anything like taht again to my daughter." It makes me really proud of my mom, but makes me really sad taht my sister did that, that that pesron was so mean, and that my mom has to do this. Wow now im crying, i get very emotional talking about my sister like this.

Whenever someone asks me what i want most in the world, or i htink of it myself, my eyes get watery and the answer is "a cure."

I don't. My mum is a teacher aide and is the only one who volenteers to be their extra help. And once when I went with her [dang school had a day off!] I got to work with some of them and lots of other people with various physical and mental diabilites. I got to play on the play ground with some of them and lots of people are mean to them so I put the bullies in their place. I really hate people who are mean just because others are different.

It was sad to say bye because I knew once I was gone they would get bullied again. I guess in this sad world only a small ammount of people care enough to stand up for others.

And my nana used to be a member of The Lions [The fundraise for community and charity] and anytime I was able I would help collect money for all sorts of charity and I'm the sort of person who goes broke because I always give to donation boxes.

Even though i don't have an autism,i understand you,i have an autistic friend,her name is Finn,she was very popular,that's becoz people often tease her.Almost everyone call her Auti(Spoken as Oti),but some that calls her Auti respects her,some of our friends call her that name coz for them even they call her Auti,they respect her,not like the mean popular boys/girls in our school.Only becoz they are popular enough,they treat other people like(mostly autistic person)Garbage,they always tease all of the low class,and they want those students that is on the low class to be on our School Dump,but they can't do that to my friend Finn,i'm also popular,becoz i'm rank 5 overall,even me and Finn were not classmates every Vacant,we always talk to each other,she is class c,and i'm Class A,Ranking 1 to 5 overall is Finn's good friend,somehow Rank 6-10 is the mean popular people.

I hope that you can also have a good friends like Finn,i'll tell her about you violetchi_garden,Finn will be happy 'bout you :) .

She wants to have a new friends,but no one wants to be her friend,except Tiffany,Josh,Elliot(My Childhood BestFRiend),Mia and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back