Who, or what raised your interest and got you started in Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I got my very first tamagotchi back in the 90s. It was an original P1, blue with pink numbers around it. Tamagotchis were the craze back then & took the toy world by storm. I've always liked the idea of a virtual pet so when my dad got me one, I was immediately hooked. It was pretty cool that my then-boyfriend also had one so it was nice taking care of our virtual pets together.

I saw the version 2 on a store and pretty much wanted it right away. I can still remember how I called it a 'hamster game', since it had Mimitchi's sprite stickered (labeled? I can't really come up with the proper word) on the screen.

I was so happy when I opened a birthday present some time later, and discovered that I got the Tamagotchi I wanted! It even had the same shell design I was looking at in the store. After that, I got the later versions as birthday presents as well - my brother got the v3, though. He wasn't that much into Tamagotchis like I was, so he decided to give it to me after a few months.

So I guess my parents were the ones who got me into Tamagotchi. :)

When V3's first came out I was obsessed. Then V4 and I loved it even more and it's still my favourite version. That was obviously a fad just passing through primary schools but then a few years ago I looked for my tamas and fell in love with them all over again and then I started collecting c:

I got a V2 for Christmas in 2005, when I was 10, and I absolutely loved it! Not long after, though, it had to be returned because the buttons stopped working properly, so mum went to exchange it for another one. At that point, however, the V2's were all sold out and the V3's had just been stocked, so instead of another V2, I got a V3! I actually used to go on TamaTown a lot with the V3, and that's how I discovered a lot of Tamagotchi sites, which is probably what really kept my interest in them going for so long

When I was 4, i saw people with "those little computer thingies" and i wanted one for myself. But I couldn't operate this (what I found out later, it was a knock off of tamas) thing. Years passed, at the age of 8 I got a similar knockoff and got hooked on the idea of a virtual pet. When I was 10, about to turn 11, i think I saw the commercial for v3's on TV. I went to the nearest mall and found a v3 there. It was with me everywhere later on, but it got wet and stopped working so I hid it somewhere. When I was 13, I bought my first v4 in a toy store. I kept the instuctions well, so well that I found them a year ago and felt so nostalgic that I had to look up tamas and found some TF's and had to buy one, this s how my love for tamas got rekindled. A year later, I own 2 color screens (P's and iD L ) and about to get another color tama, 8 tamas in total.

When I was in second grade, a few people had Tamagotchis. My neighbor who was my age was on my bus and she had a version 1 and would let me play with it. I begged my mom forever to buy me one, but she always told me she could never find one at the store. One day she managed to find it and I was beyond happy. I went to my friend's house that day and showed her my new Tama and she wanted one too. It was such a fun time. Everyone in my class had them and my teacher thought they were so cute. Those were the days. ^_^ now I'm currently a freshman in college and still loving Tamas even more that before :3

I remember that my friend in 6th grade had one. I don't remember how we got onto the topic, but she let me take care of "Alex" on the pale yellow with butterflies V2 for a little while to see if I liked them or not. I think she was trying to figure out what to get me for my birthday, since she was coming to my party. I had so much fun looking after

Alex that I wanted to get a tama of my own. She got me the pink makeup v2 for my birthday that I loved to death. I collected more and unfortunately the pink one, whom I had raised to a Mimitchi, was taken by a kid at school and he tried to throw it back to us and it hit the floor, destroying the screen. I was pretty heartbroken, but I had my others. After a few years the craze died down and I ended up giving mine away. (I regret that to this day)

On a nostalgia kick a few years ago, I bought the same makeup pink v2 still in the package and gave it another shot. I ran them off and on for a few years. About two months ago I got them out again and decided I would take care of my tama babies again and now I'm hooked and looking into more modern tamas to add to my collection.

Right now I only have the pink makeup v2 and a more worn purple camo v2 that I got off of ebay

I got a connextion v2 when i was about six, and kept going untill they all but died in america with the music star, when i got my +c and then it went from there, now im obbsessed!

I remember EXACTLY how it happened. I believe I was 8 I believe, and I was reading a Guinness World Records games book, and saw a V4.5, and reading it, I got obsessed. Then, I got one for my birthday, which was my first tama, and the EXACT one that was in the book.

I forgot specifically but from what I guess it was from my addiction to the sims 3 and being me I probably started looking for VP's (Computer or not) And found tamagotchi's// Connection v3 though it died a lot since I was in 3rd grade and didn't bring it to school at all. :p

I read (yes, I can read) one of the chapters in Volume 1 of the original Yu-Gi-Oh manga. Yugi had a "digital pet" (he didn't say what brand it was) called U2, and so did all his friends. After playing around for a while, one of his classmate's pet visited U2 and tried to eat him, but U2 killed him. Unfortunately, the pets only lived for 21 days, and Yugi says goodbye to U2 at the end. I got interested and got my owner to buy one for me. This summary is a bad description. you should read the real thing, which I will be posting soon in General.

I remember sitting in my cousin's living room and a news story came on about the new Tamagotchi being the new fad. I asked my Uncle, "I wonder which button you press to feed it." He shrugged his shoulders and I was overwhelmed with interest. The next day I went out and found one. The rest is history.

I always liked little electronic toys as a kid, so I got one of the first gen Tamas back in 1997 or 1998. Loved it to pieces, and picked up the Game Boy game as well. I can still remember the music from that game, it was great, hehe. I didn't really realise new ones were still being made once the fad died out, though many years later I did pick up Tamagotchi Corner Shop for the DS for nostalgia value.

Earlier this spring I happened to notice the Tamagotchi Department Store outside of Harajuku Station while I was out shopping, and it just looked so adorable that I had to go in. I was surprised by just how much merchandise there was and how popular it still is, and after doing a little research online I went back a few days later to pick up a lavender 4U+. Been having lots of fun with it ever since!

I knew an abundant amount of people who had them when I was really young, so at that time I wanted one, so I went out and got one.

As a kid I always loved virtual pets, whether handheld (I had a Poochie Puppy watch, a 9-in-1 and all sorts), PC games (Petz, Creatures, Fin Fin, etc.) or online (Neopets, Gopets, etc.). When I was about 14 the Connexion Tamagotchi came out and they were all the rage at school; I had a purple one. I sort of 'grew out' of virtual pets for a while, although I think it was more that it wasn't 'cool' or 'frowned upon' than I actually no longer wanted to play with them. When I was in third year of uni (having reinstalled Petz 5 and been playing that in my downtime) I somehow ended up looking up Tamagotchis and was amazed to see that they were still about and in colour of all things! The P's was the current model at the time. I didn't live with my boyfriend at the time and I thought it would be cute if we got a virtual pet together; I'd look after it for a few days, then he would, then we'd switch. I did loads of research into the P's and fell in love; my boyfriend wasn't so fond of the idea of sharing a virtual pet though and I was a pauper of a student so I sort of shelved the idea and forgot all about it. Fast forward six months, I've finished my degree (awaiting my results) and my boyfriend buys me an iD L E as a 'congrats on finishing' present; I didn't even know the iD L E existed, so he had actually gone and done all of his own research and deliberately got me an English language colour Tama. I was very happy and very hooked and, well, two years later here we are! My collection isn't huge but I do have two P's, half a dozen pierces and a 15th Anniversary iD L in the post so, hah, yay. Tamagotchis.

The very first Tamagotchi that I got was a V3, I remember that I got it because my best friend had one.

And a couple of years ago I got into Tamagotchis again, probably because I saw one on Youtube :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back