Who, or what raised your interest and got you started in Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not actually sure what got me into Tamagotchis originally. I have vague memories of having a Tamagotchi Angel before getting my V3 Tama as a kid, so I guess it's been an interest I've had for a long time. It's only been since the ending of last year where I really got passionate about the franchise thanks to the Dream Town Tama I got for Christmas. :) The creativity of all the different editions is probably the detail that keeps me coming back for more.

Growing up my mom was super big on eBay, specifically those lots of random items thrown together for a cheap price. So it was around 2003 I want to say, my mom bought this lot of tamagotchis, most of which were P2 if I remember correctly, and hung on to most of them to give them as gifts but let me have one. I was awful at parenting the poor thing, and I was too young to even know how to set the time so it would cry at like 2 AM every night!! I kind of lost interest until 2006 I believe when that pink Tamagotchi Connection V3 with the bows was released and being the girly girl I was I knew I had to have it. This time I was a bit better at taking care of it, though it still died countless times and like most toys I kind of moved onto something else eventually. Fast forward to 2014 and I happened to see a tamagotchi a friend of mine reblogged on Tumblr, which I now know was a Tamagotchi P's, and I fell in love immediately. It brought back so many memories from my childhood and I was so excited to see they were still making them! So now I have a pretty large collection, including that P2 and Connection from my childhood that I found while cleaning. I've loved reading all these stories, thanks for making a wonderful topic!

couple years ago i met some 20yr old friends and told me about tamagotchi (and other cildhood toys) it seemed fun for me (this was in 2012-3 and i wanted a smartphone because i wanted to play with pou) and i went to the nearest toy store and no was. In 2015 i heard something about 4u i though to relased in worldwide (before i seen the wikia page couple days ago) and at september or october i seen a tamagotchi friends at the Tesco and mum sayd "you need to be good for some weeks" AND I NEEDED TO WAIT 3 WEEKS and in october 22 (i watched in my diary) i get my tama for 32 usd

Last edited by a moderator:
There's three parts to my story as I got into Tamagotchi three different times;

The first time was wen my aunt gave me my first Tama, a V2 when the connections were the hot toy for kids back in the 2000's. The second time was a few years later, maybe 2-4 years in 2010 when I saw a Tamagotchi History video on YouTube as I had lost my entire collection in a move so as most kids I forgot about them. I ended up getting my first Tama-Go. Finally another 3-5 years went by and my intrest in them was gone once more, I still had 3 but never played with them, while doing a major clean out of my room I had found my 5 missing Tamagotchi, 1 V1, 2 V3, 1 V4 and V4.5. I was beyond excited to play with them again for nostagias sake but then I found the Facebook Tama groups and now I don't go a day without at least one on me.

Wow, some of you are saying you saw videos first. (On the first page, at least) That is not something that would have happened when I was younger, which makes me feel old. :eek:

I don't remember where I first saw Tamagotchis, but for some reason I had to end up with two other kinds of virtual pets first. However, I remember as early as 4th or 5th grade that there was an announcement about Tamagotchis not being allowed at school, because that was a problem back then.

After I ended up with two Non-Tamagotchis, I got the Tamagotchi Mini, but I don't think that one really got me interested. I'm really sure that I got very interested when I got my first V4.5. It was a lot more fun than that Mini version, and I began to know the characters and got lanyards, pet pouches, charms, etc. that were in stores at the time. My brother was interested at that time too and he got his own V4.5 and a V4 that is now broken. However, I seem to care a lot more about the Tamagotchis than him now. I have all of them in my room as if none of them had belonged to him. :D

Everybody at my school had the V3 when i was 6! I always wanted one. I don't like tamagotchis anymore but i will always remember the blood pumping ferocious jealousy i felt as a 6 year old

I got into Tamagotchi back when my cousins told me about it and bought me one (a connection v4.5), but I havent really gotten into it until I found this forum and found out that they actually still make Tamagotchi's :3

I don't remember how old I was back then, probably around 8 years old. I saw an ad for the v3 and instantly wanted one! Then I saw an ad in a W.IT.C.H. magazine, and then an aunt came over with her son's v3 and let me play with it. Then another aunt promised me one but when I was at the mall with my mom I was impatient and got one before the aunt got me another one, so I was a cool kid at school with two v3's. Then the years in elementary passed and I was the only one who still collected them, I got a v4 (only one person aside of me got a v4 in the fourth grade, when in the third grade pretty much everyone had one) and then a v5 and a Music Star. Thanks to a polish Tamagotchi forum I learned about the Japanese versions and was mostly up to date with the new releases.

Saw the commercials for the V3, My siblings and I really wanted them. Surely enough, Christmas brought us each one. We also received V4.5s the next year.

My current interest was revived when I was given Birthday Money and was browsing through Amazon. I remembered the fun times I had with them, and looked them up.

Very wise choice.

Back in 1997, on a vacation at the end of summer, I first saw a Tamagotchi p1. An old friend of mine who had a cottage on the lake next to my cousins was playing with it. I was 15 at the time, turning 16 that autumn, but nevertheless, I was interested. I bought a Giga pet to start, but it was very hard to care for! Later on I got a p2 Tamagotchi and that began my interest, which died in 1998 and my Tamas were thrown away. Then, in 2004, maybe a little later, here comes the v3 Connection! My interest was rejuvenated, and I wound up with a v3, v4.5, v5, and v6 in my collection. Those had my attention on and off. After attempting to run a 4U I bought from Amazon, I went to Ebay to find the vintage Tamagotchis I had known and loved years ago. I will be 35 this autumn but my love for Tamagotchis has never truly gone away, and I will always be a fan of these little digital pals!

I got into tamagotchi when I was eight or nine and my aunt bought me a V2 for Christmas (She also got one for my cousin)
Kind of just kept collecting them from there.

Hm. I guess it was back in Primary when me and my friend were talking about new toys we would want, and Tamagotchi's slipped in. Soon, most people at my school all had one!

I think got into Tamagotchi when my friend showed me her V2! Then I pestered my parents for one until I eventually got a V3 for my birthday
imageproxy.php

My interest kinda dwindled about a year after the Tama-go came out, but was revived when I found a V5 and V6 I didn't even know I had in my room.

Then I started up my TMGC+C and here I am today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back