Why do we need the letter C?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratzack

Reaction score
Why do we need the letter C?

It's usless once you think about it.

It can make 2 sounds, the K sound & the S sound.

But we already have letters for those sounds.

So why do we realy need it?

It is just an extra letter that we got to learn!!!

If we didn't have C life would be alot easier!

We would not have to remeber weather a word is spelled with a C instead of a S or K!

We would be better off without it don't U think.

What do U think about this?

Please tell me what U think & why!!!

:furawatchi: :furawatchi: :D Bratzack :D :D :D

As Sesame Street's Cookie Monster always says "C is for cookie!"

"K"? How's that going to sound? "K is for kookie...."

How do you propose we make the ch sound (as in church, or children, or chestnut) without the letter c?

Why do we need the letter C?It's usless once you think about it.

It can make 2 sounds, the K sound & the S sound.

But we already have letters for those sounds.

So why do we realy need it?

It is just an extra letter that we got to learn!!!

If we didn't have C life would be alot easier!

We would not have to remeber weather a word is spelled with a C instead of a S or K!

We would be better off without it don't U think.

What do U think about this?

Please tell me what U think & why!!!

:(   :eek:   :eek: Bratzack ;)   :D   :D
I wondered that too... When I was ... way younger. But I learned :( (SORRY!)

If we don't need it, proove it and stop using C's (Look at your quote - I pointed out the C's)

Last edited by a moderator:
You kan't spell everything that had a 'c' with a 'k'. If you look karefully at my post, you kan see why. And it would be so mukh harder to understand. Espekially if it had an 'h' after it. Makes more sounds.

Anyways, from those few sentences, I hope you get my point. Plus, typing like that is puh-retty annoying!

Well, I bet if we learned like that it wouldn't seem weird.

Kats, sheese, krayons, klam showder..

I think C is mainly for the 'ch' sound, while 'sh' simply doesn't work like that.

As Sesame Street's Cookie Monster always says "C is for cookie!"
"K"? How's that going to sound? "K is for kookie...."

How do you propose we make the ch sound (as in church, or children, or chestnut) without the letter c?
I agree.The alphabet is just born like that xD

what exactly is this topic about why is this serious
(*I was wondering what was "serious" about it too... but I guess it keeps the replies posted here mature and sensible...) :angry:

Bratzack, perhaps you forget that the Roman alphabet (of whic C is such an important part) is used by more than one country and used as part of the pronounciation system for many different languages in the world today.

I'm kind of concerned that you seriously think life would be a lot easier if you only had to learn 25 instead of 26 letters in the alphabet and a few different pronounciations.

To be honest, I don't really think getting rid of C is going to solve your problems :(

Well, first of all because it's in my name lol. Second of all, for the ch sound, and third of all, in other languages (and a few words in english) there's a cedilla, which is the little squiggly thing underneath a c such as in garcon (french for boy). And fourth, it's a letter in my name, Christina! Oh, and did I mention it's a letter in my name?

what exactly is this topic about why is this serious
Well if this isn't serious enouph then whare should we put it?

This is non tama talk right?

So this is not about Tamas.

The description of non Tama talk says and I Quote,

(Non) TamaTalk

A place to talk about everything not related to Tamagotchies.

I think this is unrelated to Tamas.

And i can't put this in stuf we wach,stuf we lisen to,stuf we play,or any other of those!!!

So I think this is the best place to put it dont U think!!!! :D :mimitchi: :unsure:

Well if this isn't serious enouph then whare should we put it?This is non tama talk right?

(Non) TamaTalk

And i can't put this in stuf we wach,stuf we lisen to,stuf we play,or any other of those!!!

So I think this is the best place to put it dont U think!!!! :D :mimitchi: :unsure:
this is seriously (non) tamatalk

Well if this isn't serious enouph then whare should we put it?This is non tama talk right?

(Non) TamaTalk

So I think this is the best place to put it dont U think!!!! :) ;) ;)
Ah ;)

You posted this in the Seriously (Non) TamaTalk forum - for mature and sensible debate / discussion.

If it's just a random musing, you could post it in the general (Non) TamaTalk forum - it appears under the other sub forums - after Stuff We Play / Watch / Read, etc.

I'll move it there for you ;)

Bratzack!!!!!! Get real! Both your username and your real name use the letter C. It looks wierd see:

Bratzakk

And then what would we call pictures? Piktures? What about chimpazees? Khimpanzees? What about chinchillas? Khinkhillas? That's just wrong!!!

Khris would just sound plain weird, and K is normally like the feminine version.

Jajajaajaja, just listen to Binary what said. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back