Why make more?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba93

Reaction score
In my opionion, adding more and more versions is, well, a little dumb. People will keep buying and buying, til they waste all they're money! My friend said they'll make up to V10 (highly unlikely, though).

But... it's actually a good idea, making new versions. I got... like 2 of each version! << But I lost some. :blink: And I didn't waste any money. We will not know if they will have v10. << It's actually fun getting Tamagotchis, and looking at all the new designs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was podering on that today...

It's like iPods. If you don't want the newest one, stick to your old one. Or wait for the newest. Or skip every other Tama. Like if you bought a v4 skip v5 and buy a v6. Oh dear. I don't know.

-bamcr

well they are catching up with bandai from japan. they ARE supposed to make more until japan stops. wich i HOPE never stops. i love tamagotchis! they brought my childhood back :angry:

bubba93,stop complaining anyway ! if you dont like new tamagotchis then stick to the old ones and stop buying them. i

fur sure will keep on buyin them they are gonna be my collection. i think they will make the tamagotchi school at the year 2009 :angry:

and the uratama at the year 2008.

It's called milking a franchise. Bandai recognise they have a winning formula that makes them money. Why pass up the opportunity to make more money?

It's called milking a franchise. Bandai recognise they have a winning formula that makes them money. Why pass up the opportunity to make more money?
*nod*

To answer the first question in this topic, Bandai has, in fact, founding a winning, money-making formula. They make and produce new Tamagotchis not only to improve on past Tamagotchis, but also to make money off people who like to buy and enjoy collecting, taking care of, and connecting Tamagotchis.

And how exactly would they be "wasting their money" if they're buying something they like? I could buy a Nintendo Wii I want for $250 or something, and you might call that "wasting money" as well, but I like to play the Wii, so it wasn't a waste at all.

~OM21

In my opionion, adding more and more versions is, well, a little dumb. People will keep buying and buying, til they waste all they're money! My friend said they'll make up to V10 (highly unlikely, though).
I think it's a good idea to make more versions. It's not like they make another version each second, ya know. Bandai America only releases about 1 per year or something like that. You would have enough money. And also the previous version would get boring after a while so Bandai would release a new version and that one would get kinda boring so they'd release another etc. BTW they might make up to V10, but you're right, it's highly unlikely.

Like some of you have said, making money is the main purpose of a company.

Look at computers... If you buy a computer today, within one year it's going to be outdated. That's how everything works.

It gives companies time to improve on something. Look at all the features the V1, V2, V3 and now V4 do not have in common. Improvement is good.

Look at computers... If you buy a computer today, within one year it's going to be outdated. That's how everything works.
It gives companies time to improve on something. Look at all the features the V1, V2, V3 and now V4 do not have in common. Improvement is good.
exactly. they come with a new and eventually its going to become out dated, so they make a new one that is better than the old one. but, it is kinda a waste of money to buy all of those versions. Anyway, they probably aren't coming out with a V10, they are robably gonna make something better, because, eventually, people are going to outgrow tamagotchis.

exactly. they come with a new and eventually its going to become out dated, so they make a new one that is better than the old one. but, it is kinda a waste of money to buy all of those versions. Anyway, they probably aren't coming out with a V10, they are robably gonna make something better, because, eventually, people are going to outgrow tamagotchis.
Well I bet they thought people were going to get tired of Tamagotchi's back in 1999 :lol: So they came out with new versions. Tamagotchi's may just be around for a looooong time if they keep updating them and adding new features.

One day I'm sure we'll be able to connect them through the computer and have them play in a virtual program with other Tamas from all over the world. I bet you'll be able to customize your own Tama... choose its color and stuff... and have it ACTUALLY go shopping in Tama town without just inserting PW's

BTW, Livey, the V4's have been released in the US now. It's just a matter of your local store stocking them or getting them in yet or not. My local stores have sold out.

Well I bet they thought people were going to get tired of Tamagotchi's back in 1999 :lol: So they came out with new versions. Tamagotchi's may just be around for a looooong time if they keep updating them and adding new features.
One day I'm sure we'll be able to connect them through the computer and have them play in a virtual program with other Tamas from all over the world. I bet you'll be able to customize your own Tama... choose its color and stuff... and have it ACTUALLY go shopping in Tama town without just inserting PW's

BTW, Livey, the V4's have been released in the US now. It's just a matter of your local store stocking them or getting them in yet or not. My local stores have sold out.
yeah, on tamatown, now they make you enter a password. I don't know why, its almost exactly the same thing as V3. All of the versions should be able to login to tamatown. but bandai is having to spend all of their money making all of these newer versions, it kind of a waste, don't you think?

Well, in my opinion I think it's a good idea. Sometimes Tamas get kinda boring once you know what all the items do and you've gotten all the characters and so on. Then of course, a new version with new characters and items and games and so on is well, new. And people will buy them more. And we won't get bored out of our minds with just one version. That's what makes Tamagotchi Tamagotchi. :angry:

ST

It's nice you have your own opinion and all but.. As people said the tamagotchis get boring then..BOOM there is the new verson! (well not Boom more like a year :) ) but you don't have to worry about people "Wasting their money" It is their money and if they want it they'll buy it..Not so much of a waste... You see most tamagotchi fans love having new versons come out. Other wize we would still all be playing with the little tamagotchis we all used to get in the happy meals at mcdonalds :D

Would you rather be playing with a tamagotchi that all you could do is feed and put to sleep?

Or would you rather be playing v4 and in about a year playing with a tamagotchi BETTER then v4!

Think of it that way. It's fine what you choose but if you want to play with the older tamagotchis be my guest. But the rest of us like the new tamagotchis as they come out.. You cant help it...

There will be better technology in most of the tamagotchis. It would be cool to have a colorful tamagotchi instead of black and white.

Its called keeping your buisnies alive.

Its like...computers. Nobody wants to buy a REEEEAAAALLLLLLYYYY old version of a mac! You have to keep up with the times if you want to keep your money. If bandai didn't make any more versions then [SIZE=27pt] BOOM! [/SIZE] no more bandai!

Well everyone has their own opinion, but I disagree. It is nice to see the new designs, and explore the new features.

Loads of people buy the newest version of Tamagotchi, Bandai makes alot of money so they can afford to make new releases and people buy them, although people do buy the latest and greatest... it is only $14.99!

Well, I admit that I can get greedy, and plead to no end for the latest version. But now, I am just glad that I actually have a Tamagotchi.

I love my V2. It may not have the coolnes of the V3, or even the TamaSuku, but I love my V2 and my current Tamagotchi, Chou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back