Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi - What do you think of the new mascots?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is better?

• Yumemitchi :3

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Kiraritchi =D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I love 'em both!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I hate 'em both. ._.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
This is just a little poll about the new mascots of Tamagotchi that are taking over the virtual pets, the anime, the toys, and everything. Who do you like best?

No matter how hard I try, I can't think of which one is better and which ones is worse.

Yumemitchi is a dog, and I can't stand dogs, and her ears flop around all over the place in the anime and it makes me just want to get a dagger and slice them off. And she sounds like a zombie in the anime. Her voice, sheesh!

Kiraritchi is just ugly - what happened to her mouth? Did somebody punch it or something? And her head is all big and poofy, and without her wig it looks like she hasn't brushed her hair in ten years.

Mametchi and Lovelitchi are fading away, to be gone forever... :'< Mametchiiiii....why.....?

What do you think of the new main characters?

Yumemitchi is at least cute. Kiraratchi is not.

So, uh, yeah.

Personality wise, I don't like them both, too generic.

Yumemitchi is at least cute. Kiraratchi is not.

So, uh, yeah.

Personality wise, I don't like them both, too generic.
Yeah, Yumemitchi is cute but Kiaritchi is as ugly as heck. It's just that Yumemitchi's ears flop around too much. XD

Here are the pictures of them.

134_%E3%82%86%E3%82%81%E3%81%BF%E3%81%A3%E3%81%A1.png

^ Yumemitchi

200px-Kiraritchi_anime.png

^ Kiraritchi

And here's Kiraritchi without her wig. Puke.

Kiraritchi_anime-no-hat.png

The first episode of the new series is sometimes referred to as episode 144.

Tamagotchi_%E3%82%86%E3%82%81%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A9%E3%83%89%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0.jpg

Well, I guess they are okay. Mametchi, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi and Himespetchi are just randomly standing in the background. It's wierd that there is no sight of Lovelitchi and Melodytchi anywhere..

Man Bandai is cycling mascots faster than before. Mametchi pratically held that title since the 90s with Memetchi and Kuchipatchi being added to the fold in the Connections series. Then Melodyitchi and Loveilitchi arriving around the IDs release and now this? Come on, at least let us enjoy them first.

I think they are both cute, however I do like Yumemitchi a little better.

Also, this is adding to the evidence that Bandai and Tamagotchi are heading more and more towards female audiences and leaving little room for the male fanbase. At least Mametchi/Kuchipatchi gave something for the male audiences to hang onto. =/ That's my opinion anyway!

I agree, they are quickly zeroing in on just the younger female audience as opposed to a varied audience of young-old and male-female. I mean, even though I'm a girl, I love blue and hate pink and it seems like every new tama is getting more pinky, frou-frou. I'm sure most guy tama fans would get over the overly girly designs but it's disappointing that Bandai went from appealing to such a wide audience to just going after school age girls.

I'm with you on that one! I'm a girl too, but Pink definitely is not my first choice when it comes to colors. Purples kinda nice...

It's sad, it almost makes me think "Am I just growing out of the audience they have always portrayed to?" but then I think back to the old Tamas (1990's) and no, definitely not.

What happened to Meloditchi and Lovelitchi in the TV series, anyway?

Honestly I don't understand why everyone is getting into a fuss about how the Tamagotchi Brand is more "girly" and such. Why do we follow stereotypes and boys cannot enjoy something pink and frilly? Something branded that is very "cute, adorable, etc..." makes it just for younger girl audiences? NO IT DOES NOT. (sorry for my caps) I think you all need to listen to a song written by the talented Dani Shay

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png (WARNING: the P-word is used, watch at own risk). I think that you all need to stop worrying, and STOP stereotyping. They still make models in blue etc... if you MUST worry about what others think of you, but really, it shouldn't matter. If you like Tamagotchi's, and enjoy playing them, don't worrying about branding or who they are for, because it's the consumer who decides what age group it's for.

Now, now, if you think I'm worried about being judged cause I'm carting around a pink tama, you're mistaken. However, you can't deny that Bandai has most of their newer releases marketed toward girls. It's a gimmick and the retail/toy industry has been doing it for years. It doesn't help that parents often foster the ideology "pink=girl, blue=boy" and that in turn, those children when they get older, tend to associate the same thing. I will admit that these ideas have become more lax in the past few decades but it's still plastered everywhere pink=girl. You can try to say, "Oh, you're just being ridiculous. Boys can wear pink too!" How about if they don't want to or don't want someone harping about him carrying a pink tama? What about a girl that wants a blue tama?

It's the facts of life though it is changing.

How about if they don't want to or don't want someone harping about him carrying a pink tama?
My point is that that the hypothetical boy should not care if someone is harping his pink Tama. It happens yes, but it shouldn't matter, and you should be proud about the fact that you love what you love.

What about a girl that wants a blue tama?
If you haven't seen. Blue Tama's are available, even if you consider those to be girly too, I mentioned above about blue Tama's, and nothing is wrong with that either, in fact there is a whole spectrum of colour for these new Tama's ex. yellow, green, white, etc... Girls and boys alike CAN and SHOULD choose what they want and the level of girly-ness of manly-ness doesn't matter. Sure these new Tamagotchi's are being marketed towards young girls, but like I said earlier, that doesn't mean you can't buy them. It's up to the consumer to buy what they wish.

My point is that that the hypothetical boy should not care if someone is harping his pink Tama. It happens yes, but it shouldn't matter, and you should be proud about the fact that you love what you love.

If you haven't seen. Blue Tama's are available, even if you consider those to be girly too, I mentioned above about blue Tama's, and nothing is wrong with that either, in fact there is a whole spectrum of colour for these new Tama's ex. yellow, green, white, etc... Girls and boys alike CAN and SHOULD choose what they want and the level of girly-ness of manly-ness doesn't matter. Sure these new Tamagotchi's are being marketed towards young girls, but like I said earlier, that doesn't mean you can't buy them. It's up to the consumer to buy what they wish.
its just like the p1 when they came out. they were aiming at young school girls but all sorts of different people were buying them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back