Tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty123

Reaction score
Okay... okay... everyone (almost) around Tamatalk :D usually brings up at one time or another, Tamagotchis are educational! B) :eek: But are they? Do they teach children (notice how I said CHILDREN...) :D responsibility? Or are they only little addicting toys? B) *sheads a single tear* B) What do YOU (LOL) think?!? B)

*THIS is not a ROTFL type moment...*

Yes, they teach children responsibility. The child does not want their pet to die, so they have to pay attention to them. They feel the burden of someone else's life on their shoulders, which demands a more responsible attitude. Children show marked growth in responsibility when they have a pet to take care of, and, to a small child, this is no different from the living, breathing thing; however, I'm sure age plays a major role in how responsible this makes the child. A 12 year old will not care too much about it, and will most likely not feel that it is a living, breathing being, even if a real pet would make the child more responsible. A 7 year old would probably care a lot more about the Tamagotchi.

Of course, in adults, it's just an addicting toy, and does nothing to help them be responsible...but this topic is about children. :lol:

Of course, in adults, it's just an addicting toy, and does nothing to help them be responsible...but this topic is about children. ^_^
Yup yup just a addicting little toy that amuses adults. xD

Well, Qwerty123, :(

Tamas are most definately educational. Why? Well they teach us how a pet animal works roughly. Like how they get sick, like how they are happy or sad. With two thumbs up, TAMAS ARE EDUCATIONAL!

CC :(

its true tamagotchis are teaching kids how to take care of something and bye doing so they could shows their parents that they can take care of a pet

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes if you're not a tama abuser! :( :( :( :(
Exactly what I was thinking!!! :( Not really when you are a tama abuser. And another part, real kids don't die if they're not happy. But I'm not saying to make them sad because they won't die that way!! :(

tamasweet2 :(

I think they are to some extent.

They do teach responsibility to children. It also shows the effect on them if you don't look after them well enough, which is death. Tamagotchis show that for living things, you must look after them and care for them to make sure they don't die/become sick.

This makes me think - do you think they were made with the intention of this or it just realized once released? Were they released to be a fun toy, or to be a fun toy which can teach the importance of responsibility/caring? What do you all think? I'm not actually sure. :furawatchi:

Yes! Tamas are definatly educational!

Math: figuring out how many points you get when you finish/lose a game

science: life cylce

social studies: the affect of how people react to new releases and the connecting

I think Bandai just made the Tamas to make money, then the educational theory caught on.

I guess MOST toy companies release virtual pets and then people think they are good prep for a childs pet (Say, dog?) then buy them... shortly after the company realizes that that's the case... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Qwerty123, :)  

Tamas are most definately educational. Why? Well they teach us how a pet animal works roughly. Like how they get sick, like how they are happy or sad. With two thumbs up, TAMAS ARE EDUCATIONAL!

CC ;)
right! im ten year-old boy and i treat tamas like a person!

I think tamagotchis do benefit children in these ways:

They CAN help children with responsibility because tama characters may become sick, sad, etc. and children would "learn" more responsibility by being responsible and helping out their tama.

Also, children can become more attentive, because being attentive to an unpaused tamagotchi is a serious part of being an owner. More attentiveness is schools and such is very good.

Those are two main reasons why I think tamagotchis CAN benefit children.

(I hope you understand :) )

-Cotton

The can, like Binary and Cotton pointed out, but they can also be a distraction to school work.

It's great kids will be responsible at all times even in school but sometimes there's just a time and a place.

I guess they'll learn not to play with things like tamas in school if they get it taken away. xD

Okay... okay... everyone (almost) around Tamatalk :unsure: usually brings up at one time or another, Tamagotchis are educational! :eek: :eek: But are they? Do they teach children (notice how I said CHILDREN...) :rolleyes: responsibility? Or are they only little addicting toys? :unsure: *sheads a single tear* :( What do YOU (LOL) think?!? :lol:

*THIS is not a ROTFL type moment...*
Good question. Anthrax said that a seven year old would probably care more about keeping their tama alive than a twelve year old would this is usually the case, but obviously, there are exeptions. This is probably what Anthrax meant to say, but I an just saying... :unsure: Either way, they are still addictive! :p :lol:

They are educational. Tamagotchis are meant to teach children responsibility.

In my opinion, tamas are educational. Yes, they are addicting, but would you neglect your dog or cat until it dies? I know I wouldn't. So if you don't have a real pet, a tamagotchi can teach you how to care for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back