Photo
- - - - -

Tamas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dancinkayley

• dancinkayley user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:55 AM ( #35 )

Yes, I think so. It does help with responsibility. It also teaches that if you neglect your Tamagotchi's education, it may grow up like a delinquent and not get a job when it's older.

Yawnie

• yawnie user photo

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:32 AM ( #36 )

During the 90's, when Tamagotchis first boomed my mother gladly gave me one because she knew that it would teach me how to take care of something. She actually even gave me a prize 'cause I raised my Tamagotchi well the first round. (It turned out to be another Tamagotchi. lol) Right now I have a Tamagotchi and I still feel that it trains me of responsibility. Its a fun educational toy.

All of the games teach hand and eye coordination.
Shape game teaches kids how to match similar shapes. This skill requires is basic geometry and logic.

Courtnee~Malakian

• courtneemalakian user photo
  • Group: Banned

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:04 PM ( #37 )

And so what if they're educational. Get over it!

C~M

wildcat_gal_101

• wildcat-gal-101 user photo

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:26 PM ( #38 )

I think thet do teach responsibility. They have to take care of it so it won't die, and if you weren't responsible it would die.

♥Zoria The Dark Lion Demon♥

• &-9829;zoria-the-dark-lion-demon&-9829; user photo

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:50 PM ( #39 )

Okay... okay... everyone (almost) around Tamatalk ;) usually brings up at one time or another, Tamagotchis are educational! :o :o But are they? Do they teach children (notice how I said CHILDREN...) ;) responsibility? Or are they only little addicting toys? :D *sheads a single tear* :( What do YOU (LOL) think?!? B)

*THIS is not a ROTFL type moment...*

Both are right.

Now, when you say that Tamagotchi are educational little toys to teach children responsibility, that is very true. I think I have learned alot about care from my Tamagotchis, so I don't see why other kids wouldn't?
You have to feed your Tamas, play with them, clean their messes, thats what you would do with a pet or a child. (Well, if you had a baby, you'd have to pottytrain them and stuff, too!)

I've taken better care of my cat, Mylintiny, back when I still had her when I started playing with Tamas, as has I become more responsible as in keeping my room clean, doing my chores, etc. etc, my mom thinks I'm so good that she wants to get me another cat! ^^

Little addicting toys?
Tamagotchis couldn't get anymore addicting than they already are! I've had my Tamas for a year and a half, and they are one of the very few toys that I have never grown out of, or ended up in the basement/closet untouched. They're the same thing, raise a Tama, let them have a baby, raise a Tama, let them have a baby...
But even so, they just never get old. X3

Yay for tamas!

From,
Zoria

Doglover10

• doglover10 user photo

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:03 AM ( #40 )

my little bro ( and i mean he is LITTLE) came up to me one day and told me that he is happy that now he knows how to take care of somthing! i dont think it made a diffrence to me cuz i have too take care of him but it seem to have made a diffrence to him. thats so cute!! :)

Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX

• xx-tama-girl-beth-xx user photo

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:36 AM ( #41 )

Well, they teach us 'kids' to be responsible, as we have our own Tama's life in our hands. Apart from that, they are merely a hobby. :blink:

1tama8000

• 1tama8000 user photo

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:58 PM ( #42 )

I don't really think they are educational, I just think they are fun! :o I guess they do kinda teach responcbility, But I don't really think they really take that much impact. :o Yea... anyway I say no. :) Don't cry memetchi! I still like tamas! :D

tama_san

• tama-san user photo

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:00 AM ( #43 )

wow! Bandai must have really shoved some intellegence in that toy while creating it. :furawatchi:

tamabub

• tamabub user photo

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:48 AM ( #44 )

They teach responsibility

dancinkayley

• dancinkayley user photo

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:50 AM ( #45 )

Believe it or not, Tamagotchi have inspired me to teach myself Japanese.

OsuMesu21

• osumesu21 user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:03 PM ( #46 )

Ah, now THIS I have given some thought over the past few years.

Nearly all Tamagotchi pets teach responsability, and everybody knows this by now. The older Tamagotchi pets, however, teach it to more of an extend than the Antenna series pets (Entama, Uratama, V4, V4.5). This is mainly because the previous versions did NOT rely mostly on skill points in order to become specific characters.

The newer versions, however, DO teach the importance of improving your own personal skills by going to school and getting the proper education. This reflects how your Tamagotchi does in the working world, when it tries to get a job.

Of course, however, the PARENTS don't notice this because they look at the Tamagotchi and compare it to other handheld devices like Gameboys, DS's, and cell phones: nothing but a distraction and an annoyance. There are a few, however, that actually raise and enjoy Tamagotchi pets (I salute you all! xD)

As for addiction...well...I have over 20 right now, would that be considered an addiction? xD

You know something else? I prefer the raisable Tamagotchi's. I'm not planning on getting a TamaSuku or Arukotchi for a while. xP

~OM21

romantictam

• romantictam user photo

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:20 AM ( #47 )

well they are educational but i play them for fun

octobertama95

• octobertama95 user photo

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:19 AM ( #48 )

Tamagotchis are definitely educational.

tamagotchicrazy343

• tamagotchicrazy343 user photo

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:53 PM ( #49 )

i think so becuse if you dont take care of your tama and be responsibal 4 it it will die :)

creampuffy

• creampuffy user photo

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:26 PM ( #50 )

yes! :P

Shilo_Tama

• shilo-tama user photo

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:51 PM ( #51 )

My Life Science class was about to get Tamagotchis for us to carry around. But instead were going to get those fake Baby things. :lol:

darn! looking after a tama for assesment would be awesome. especially for tama-lovers like us!