Tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they teach us 'kids' to be responsible, as we have our own Tama's life in our hands. Apart from that, they are merely a hobby. :blink:

I don't really think they are educational, I just think they are fun! :eek: I guess they do kinda teach responcbility, But I don't really think they really take that much impact. :eek: Yea... anyway I say no. :) Don't cry memetchi! I still like tamas! :D

wow! Bandai must have really shoved some intellegence in that toy while creating it. :furawatchi:

Believe it or not, Tamagotchi have inspired me to teach myself Japanese.

Ah, now THIS I have given some thought over the past few years.

Nearly all Tamagotchi pets teach responsability, and everybody knows this by now. The older Tamagotchi pets, however, teach it to more of an extend than the Antenna series pets (Entama, Uratama, V4, V4.5). This is mainly because the previous versions did NOT rely mostly on skill points in order to become specific characters.

The newer versions, however, DO teach the importance of improving your own personal skills by going to school and getting the proper education. This reflects how your Tamagotchi does in the working world, when it tries to get a job.

Of course, however, the PARENTS don't notice this because they look at the Tamagotchi and compare it to other handheld devices like Gameboys, DS's, and cell phones: nothing but a distraction and an annoyance. There are a few, however, that actually raise and enjoy Tamagotchi pets (I salute you all! xD)

As for addiction...well...I have over 20 right now, would that be considered an addiction? xD

You know something else? I prefer the raisable Tamagotchi's. I'm not planning on getting a TamaSuku or Arukotchi for a while. xP

~OM21

My Life Science class was about to get Tamagotchis for us to carry around. But instead were going to get those fake Baby things. :lol:
darn! looking after a tama for assesment would be awesome. especially for tama-lovers like us!

Yes they most certainly, most positively educational. They train you up before you actually have a pet (in my case) or a baby (in a late-teen-adult stage in humans). Well, thats my opinion anyway.

cc

What does it matter if they're educational or not? I mean, I'm all for them being educational and I see how they are educational and all, but I don't understand why everything has to be blatantly educational. o_o Growing up, I was morally opposed to having education shoved in my face. "I'll learn on my own, thanks."

...Of course, however, the PARENTS don't notice this because they look at the Tamagotchi and compare it to other handheld devices like Gameboys, DS's, and cell phones: nothing but a distraction and an annoyance. There are a few, however, that actually raise and enjoy Tamagotchi pets (I salute you all! xD)...
I agree. :D

However, as some have stated in this topic, some parents bought some for their kids to actually teach responsibility. I guess it really depends on how the parents look at it. Because Tamagotchis can be a distraction, but at the same time, they are still educational.

But Tamagotchis aren't that distracting. I mean, you can pause them if they are getting in the way of other education. :eek:

As I have stated, they are educational and have benefits. :(

I think they're educational... It teaches responsibilty without the risk of an actual animal dying. It's a good way for parents to know if their kid is going to neglect their new pet or take care of it or take care of it for a while and then get tired of it.

Except with me it was backwards... My mom said if you take care of the dog, you can get a Tamagotchi, but oh well... Guess I'm just backwards that way.

I think they are educational because it teaches people how to take care of other pets/kids for the future if they eva have kids in the future!

And the games will educate the people, such as playing shape, kids will notice which shape goes where :mellow:

hope i helped, and have a great tama day! :huh:

this is just my opinion that tamas ARE educational but to oters its just an addicting toy.

Come to think of it, I don't think Tamagotchi shoved education right at me, more like inspired me to try and learn stuff like Japanese.

In diffrent ways, tamas can be educational,(SP) They can teach younger kids responcibility, as in "if you want to keep your pet alive, you have to take care of it"I think that tamas can teach some people to reach for their goals. If you want a special character, youll do what you can to get that character! Or that Item. I once worked so hard on my tamagotchi to get the ufo. It took me almost a month of nonstop(when I could) playing games to get the 5,000,000 points.

tamas aren't educational. they not teach to care the pets. to feed you must press buttons some times and you will "care it" but for real pets,you must feed them A LOT harder,going camp with their, and not play any games. it's only a little eggy toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back