Tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way, yes tamagotchis are eductional, they teach you to care for a pet. It isen't really educational but it does teach people responsibility.

:marumimitchi: Chocola :ichigotchi:

honestly, I do think that tamas are educational. I remember my little bro, and me, forgot our tamas at home, and we were out for a while...lets just say My brother was inconsolable and I had t spend the next hour attempting to quiet him...

I do think Tamas are educational, because, assuming that the child knows angel means death, The child will do everything in his or her power to care for it and not kill it. :ph34r:

I don't think they're educational in the true sense of the word but they do offer children an opportunity to gain some perspective on life. We had a lot of behavioural problems with my son, he has major issues with ANY authority and so we felt a Tama might offer a little help and it has. Has he learnt anything NO! Has he gained a better perspective on cause and consequesnce, has he begun to realise that time out and praise are BOTH necessary to parenting... YES YES OH SWEET LORD YES! Tamagotchi has been a god send but for those that believe they are educational, well, either they're none too bright to begin with or they're justifying they're toy time by pretentious means... But thats my opinion and its worth as much as it cost you to read it... NOTHING!

I can see where you are coming from, they do seem as though they could be educational, don't they? I am guessing that they were meant to be pets, pets take responsibility, I don't think Bandai walked out and said "Lets make a toy that teaches responsibility and call it Tamagotchi!" no? I do believe it does though. Last year, I figured out how to take care of six Tamagotchis, get them to, basically, all be a masktchi, and get 3rd honors in school. They barley distracted me, but for others, it's different.

Some kids think they are living breathing animals that need to be taken care of, others, not so much. So what I am getting at is basically, yes and no. They obviously weren't meant to be educational, but they are. Bandai did a good job, lets leave it at that, eh?

I can see my science teacher letting us use Tamagotchi's for a project. I own enough to lend him a few of mine, plus I am sure my parents would chip in, mainly because, my dad likes to see if they are dead yet (He is so nice, is he not?) and what character you get. My mom, she is different, but still. I was thinking about asking him too. He could talk to all of our teachers, get us passes that allow us to use our Tamagotchi's during school, and after, lets say, a week, report on how they are doing back to him. It is fun (Which he is) and educational. I have a million reasons why we should do this in school, and when I get off break, I will ask him about it. I will label my Tamagotchi's she lend them to him, not that I couldn't tell which ones were mine.

Getting back on topic, I say yes and no. Not much else to say. ;D

Crow~

Okay... okay... everyone (almost) around Tamatalk :huh: usually brings up at one time or another, Tamagotchis are educational! :eek: :eek: But are they? Do they teach children (notice how I said CHILDREN...) <_< responsibility? Or are they only little addicting toys? :unsure: *sheads a single tear* :( What do YOU (LOL) think?!? :lol:

*THIS is not a ROTFL type moment...*
Sure it's teaching them! You have to try to take care of 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back