Tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you debug it, it is no longer educational... lol

It takes the aspect of "I want a Mimitchi! I'll take great care of it!" out of the subject.

I think that even though they have all these games and stuff, they do teach responsibility, because you have to feed it and take care of it regularly, just like a real pet. I think if a child were to have a tamagotchi for a while and then get a real pet i think that child would be a more responsible owner. They teach you that you can't neglect your pet. And other things,too! (lol) :wacko:

They are educational. Tamagotchis are meant to teach children responsibility.In a way. sorta ^
I don't think they were made do be educational at first,,, like I pointed out earlier. lol

My Life Science class was about to get Tamagotchis for us to carry around. But instead were going to get those fake Baby things. :huh:

Okay... okay... everyone (almost) around Tamatalk ;) usually brings up at one time or another, Tamagotchis are educational! :eek: :eek: But are they? Do they teach children (notice how I said CHILDREN...) :) responsibility? Or are they only little addicting toys? B) *sheads a single tear* :( What do YOU (LOL) think?!? :lol:

*THIS is not a ROTFL type moment...*
Tamagotchis are educational. They teach children the responsibility of taking care of living creatures, like cats or dogs. If tamagotchis didn't have restart buttons it would also teach children that you don't always get the pet you want.

Tamagotchis can also become very addictive. Children may focus on tamagotchis and not schoolwork. Also, if they start feeling that tamagotchis are the most important things in the world that could also cause problems.

~Kittylove~

Yup, of course they are. it gives them responsibility. Its like having your own kid. If you dont take care of them they die you have to give them medicine when there sick, feed them and keep them happy.

//-lWeRide

I love the way there educational!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they teach children responsibility. The child does not want their pet to die, so they have to pay attention to them. They feel the burden of someone else's life on their shoulders, which demands a more responsible attitude. Children show marked growth in responsibility when they have a pet to take care of, and, to a small child, this is no different from the living, breathing thing; however, I'm sure age plays a major role in how responsible this makes the child. A 12 year old will not care too much about it, and will most likely not feel that it is a living, breathing being, even if a real pet would make the child more responsible. A 7 year old would probably care a lot more about the Tamagotchi.

Of course, in adults, it's just an addicting toy, and does nothing to help them be responsible...but this topic is about children. :D
okay this is really minor but ive found that a seven year old may like the idea of a tama but is too young to really take care of it. When it dies over and over, they get mad and hate it. (I know this from my own sibling and my friends siblings) A 9+ would take more responability for the life of the tama and not break down if it died. Also, a 12 year old GIRL may have the maternal thing going on and still like them. (i have a 12 year old friend still into them) Yes they are educational, but 7 may not be the right age to learn responsabilty from a tama.

yea there both addicting toys and in a way educationnal!! there addicting at first cause it's soo cool sometimes! look at my intrestes in my profile lol that when i was addicted to it!! now i am soo bored of it..in a way!! i like it i only play with it to get a good job..i can't wait to get my VERSION4.5 NEXT SATURDAY!! see thats addicting to a tamagotchi :(

i do think thaT for some adult it is addictive but when i read some stuff they put up on websites they say it relaxes them

coolio!!! :lol: :nazotchi:

Okay... okay... everyone (almost) around Tamatalk :( usually brings up at one time or another, Tamagotchis are educational! :eek: :eek: But are they? Do they teach children (notice how I said CHILDREN...) :) responsibility? Or are they only little addicting toys? :p *sheads a single tear* :( What do YOU (LOL) think?!? :lol:

Yes: Because You learn how to take care of a pet/creature and this could come in handy for later life.

But other people have different thoughts and feelings, Some say yes, and some say no. There never will be a PROPER answer.

~Girl~

This makes me think - do you think they were made with the intention of this or it just realized once released? Were they released to be a fun toy, or to be a fun toy which can teach the importance of responsibility/caring? What do you all think? I'm not actually sure.

To tell the truth, I've been doing a lot of research in the past three days over the company just to check. This one lady was alergic to pets and sold the idea over to bandai. So yes, they are actually were set up under the intent of being like a real pet you take care of.

Yes, in younger children it does teach responsibility toward animals, even the 'abusers' learn how far they can take an animal before it 'dies' (And even then, at least they're taking it out on a toy and not a live animal). That's how you learn what the boundaries are. HOw far you can go.

Even teenagers I think can get responsibility out of this. I was just thinking of that parenting class that they do. Same thing almost if you think about it. Teaches them how much responsibility it would take to raise a child.

And Adults. There's nothing wrong with adults playing with these things. In fact, in some places where you can't have pets/or you're alergic to animals, this would be the perfect companion. It can go everywhere with you, and most pets can't. It does seem 'alive', if you ask me.

I beleive so, yes.

I learnt on a Ura tama that poop is actually Lucky.

Plus, you can actually learn alot about Tamagotchi's and care taking.

It's realy much like caring for a baby.

You have to feed it, clean it's poop up, play games and get it's weight down, it evolves - It's just like a Human being!

So my enaswer is - Yes, i beleive you can learn alot from Tamagotchis.

Have Fun.

FC1

Yes, I think so. It does help with responsibility. It also teaches that if you neglect your Tamagotchi's education, it may grow up like a delinquent and not get a job when it's older.

During the 90's, when Tamagotchis first boomed my mother gladly gave me one because she knew that it would teach me how to take care of something. She actually even gave me a prize 'cause I raised my Tamagotchi well the first round. (It turned out to be another Tamagotchi. lol) Right now I have a Tamagotchi and I still feel that it trains me of responsibility. Its a fun educational toy.

All of the games teach hand and eye coordination.

Shape game teaches kids how to match similar shapes. This skill requires is basic geometry and logic.

Okay... okay... everyone (almost) around Tamatalk ;) usually brings up at one time or another, Tamagotchis are educational! :eek: :eek: But are they? Do they teach children (notice how I said CHILDREN...) ;) responsibility? Or are they only little addicting toys? :D *sheads a single tear* :( What do YOU (LOL) think?!? B)

Both are right.

Now, when you say that Tamagotchi are educational little toys to teach children responsibility, that is very true. I think I have learned alot about care from my Tamagotchis, so I don't see why other kids wouldn't?

You have to feed your Tamas, play with them, clean their messes, thats what you would do with a pet or a child. (Well, if you had a baby, you'd have to pottytrain them and stuff, too!)

I've taken better care of my cat, Mylintiny, back when I still had her when I started playing with Tamas, as has I become more responsible as in keeping my room clean, doing my chores, etc. etc, my mom thinks I'm so good that she wants to get me another cat! ^^

Little addicting toys?

Tamagotchis couldn't get anymore addicting than they already are! I've had my Tamas for a year and a half, and they are one of the very few toys that I have never grown out of, or ended up in the basement/closet untouched. They're the same thing, raise a Tama, let them have a baby, raise a Tama, let them have a baby...

But even so, they just never get old. X3

Yay for tamas!

From,

Zoria

my little bro ( and i mean he is LITTLE) came up to me one day and told me that he is happy that now he knows how to take care of somthing! i dont think it made a diffrence to me cuz i have too take care of him but it seem to have made a diffrence to him. thats so cute!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back