Photo
- - - - -

How do your tamas feel to you?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:17 PM ( #52 )

I love My Tama's. It resembles a Friend to help pass the bad and lonely times. :angry:

GotchiGal16

• gotchigal16 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:19 PM ( #53 )

I haven't really though about this, ever.

But I'd probably consider them a pet, not a friend.

Friends are different from Tamagotchis. Tamagotchis are just a device that helps people learn how to be more responsible. And a pet for others.

Don't get me wrong I really love them, but not as much as my real life friends.

ilovemakiko

• ilovemakiko user photo

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:27 PM ( #54 )

I conider my Tamagotchi as a virtual pet that helps pass the time. Maybe like, a pet, or a favorite stuff animal that eats.

flowersushi

• flowersushi user photo

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:12 AM ( #55 )

I consider my Tamagotchi as a pet that isn't quite a pet.
I mean, spending a lot of your day with a tama really makes you bond.
:D

Bathory

• bathory user photo

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:20 AM ( #56 )

It's a mixture of both. I treat them like my true friends, but in the back of my mind I know they are only computer beings. It's sad that tama's don't hang around that long anymore. When it was p1/p2 they hung around for atleast 2 weeks, now tama's turn into old timers if they're around that long, or they have children and leave by age 10.

tamatamatamagotchiyay

• tamatamatamagotchiyay user photo

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:31 AM ( #57 )

I think of my Tamagotchi more of a child then a pet but cause you have to take care of it but not exactly like a pet, if that makes sense?

Nazotchi25

• nazotchi25 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:54 AM ( #58 )

like there my best friend:wub:

tamalvr23

• tamalvr23 user photo

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:08 PM ( #59 )

they are like my baby i love them! i remember i once had even made my tamagotchi a tama house and every night when it went to bed i put it in its little tama house and when it ate i put it in its tama kitchen lol well i love my tamas very much :huh: and right now im playing with my v4.5 :unsure:

Edited by tamalvr23, 05 August 2010 - 11:08 PM.

BurntSnow

• burntsnow user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:31 PM ( #60 )

Whenever you bond with anything or use it a lot, you start to like it. I love my bed; I sleep in it every day and it provides me Tempur-Pedic comfort.
As far as a spot in my heart for it, zip. It's not a living thing, and my Tamagotchis and I, too, are only about as close as a non-living thing can be to a living human. I think of them like an online friend that I've never met before, Serrafina_Pekkala or Hershey_Princess or something, except more like friends between a pet and a human. They are too unrealistic for any further explanation, but I don't want them to get any more realistic. I prefer something with a real life, although Tamagotchis are still very fun and addictive. The toy itself, I like a bit more. Not a lot, just a bit. Only for the fact that it's like a console and brings back some good nostalgia (I know, oxymoron) because it has the capability of resetting, starting over with a new Tama on the same console. That's the main thing that makes it so unreal. When I got my new dog, I couldn't bear keeping my old dog's bed. It's in a safe spot, but there always needs to be a clean slate.

Alicakes

• alicakes user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:02 AM ( #61 )

Friends, definitely! they're so precious and unique and so much fun :) i treat them like my children more than pets, and i love them with all my heart! currently caring for a v3, v4 and a v6! i'm a tama mama ;)

xxxkiroxxx

• xxxkiroxxx user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:23 PM ( #62 )

I just restarted my v3 (OMG SHE'S SICK!!! *cures*) and she already feels like a friend

LenorePoe

• lenorepoe user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:38 PM ( #63 )

I've had my v1 for years, and just recently started it. Its kind of a friend for me. It provides comfort and its always there. I feel bad I can't give it the best care since I'm always working.

LenorePoe

• lenorepoe user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:39 PM ( #64 )

No, I don't think so. A lot of the time I feel like my Tamagotchies are my best friends ... they'll always be there, especially when nobody else is, and they don't care who you are or what you look like or what you're interested in, they love you anyway, and they express it. When you don't need them, you can just put them down, and then when you really need a friend again, you pick them back up. They're amazing. My Tamagotchies were my only real friends back when I was in primary/elementary school, and some of high school. I used to be mocked a lot for it too, but it didn't put me off them, it added to the fact that they were the only ones that were there for me.

Over obsession is a little bit too harsh a description for being 'friends' with your Tamagotchi, I think. There are much worse cases in the world, lol. I'm not even gonna go into that. xD

I consider my Tamagotchies - all 14 of them - to be my children. I love them so dearly. I carry at least two of them around with me at all times - usually my two TMGC+C, sometimes my Music Star. I can't go anywhere without them or I feel horrible about leaving them behind where they'll get hungry and feel all alone.

I'm in my second year of university, too, by the way. I have many real friends and even a boyfriend, and they're still very dear to me.

I agree. yes, its a toy, but its there, isn't it?

black candy

• black-candy user photo

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:07 AM ( #65 )

There are people who are very attached to their computers or iphone, why a tamagotchi cant be part of our life?
Isnt important if he's a real, true or pure friend, it's part of our daily life :furawatchi:
for me they're an entertaining electronic pets, but they have the power to take your time and be part of your real life. I think this is good enough for a "toy".

Edited by black candy, 11 August 2010 - 11:08 AM.

LenorePoe

• lenorepoe user photo

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:38 PM ( #66 )

I'm pretty attached to mine because its something I can always go to and its something I can work on.

HeartGold

• heartgold user photo

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:28 AM ( #67 )

Kuromametchi is a good friend of mine :). Even when I go to sleep I put him beside my bed so he won't be lonesome. He actually turned into Kuromametchi at night when I was sleeping, and when I saw him I was so happy and excited :)! Some people think that he's bad and evil, but on the inside he is a sweet caring and helpful tama.

School starts in 2 weeks, and I know many people will make fun of me for playing with a tamagotchi, but I will do my best to ignore them. Some people just don't understand me and my interests.

Edited by HeartGold, 23 August 2010 - 08:42 AM.

Absolute_Enigma

• absolute-enigma user photo

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:35 PM ( #68 )

I love my Tamagotchis. I always take them wherever I go, and I watch over them like a hawk.