Photo
- - - - -

Non Tamagotchi VPets you have

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:14 PM ( #52 )

I know these guys have been out for a while but I still see them. Sometimes cheaper then labeled. I turned mine on today... Watching it do all the tricks, play the music and sorts like that. Its funny. Its on a 24 hour clock too, forgot about that little feature. It plays by itself, with the toss toys.

Noisy little cat I have. hehehe. I'm sure the dog barks too.

robodog

• robodog user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:27 PM ( #53 )

Funny thing is I'm actually seriously considering buying VPets other than dogs again. Those Tandars monkey things are out soon and I think I want one. Also I found Grimlock, one of my Tamas the other day and he's making me want a TamaGo. I miss Tama raising and Grimmy's broken.

SailorRosette

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:50 PM ( #54 )

I hate when I find broken toys. (Or missing pieces) I mean, I would rather find them then not though. Found a Tama? Like connection or the 96-98 versions? I have 3 Tama-Gos, first time I got my Tama-Go, It was on for 18 generations... Which is a fairly long time for me. If you get a Tama-Go, I would recommend getting some figures to play extra games/food availablity. I have most of the figures. The 2nd set at Target I like those games better... Then the Tama-Go is $10 for one, not $20 like at Walmart or ToysRUs. I think I'm missing 2 from each set. Mametchi and Kutchipatchi, then ShimaShimatchi and Makiko yet to find. I just haven't bought those yet.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:04 PM ( #55 )

Grimlock's a connection though I'm not sure which version. He's sitting right in front of me propped up on a FurReal dog. He's got a lizard skin design.

SailorRosette

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:24 PM ( #56 )

Makes me think of the V4.5 ... I'm not sure... I can snoop a bit. I use my plush as a prop-up thing too. ...And McDonalds toys that I have at random. The Chicken Little stuff works really well for the Tama-Go. They work for the Connections and the classics too, but they need a bit more propping up. (Dry clay or stiff fabric like Vinyl)

;) These two? I can't think of other ones I've seen... I wish the red one was a better image though.

V3 green reptile

4.5 reptile red

Edited by SailorRosette, 16 June 2011 - 02:28 PM.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:53 PM ( #57 )

The green one. That's Grimlock. I wish he worked.

SailorRosette

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:08 PM ( #58 )

Well, sometimes its a simple fix... It depends on what it looks like on the inside on the green part/process board and possibly in the screen part. I've fixed a few "used" tamas by cleaning very carefully the inside of the tama. (Q-tips, Cotton balls, toothpick and a good handle of how to clean the board)

I know.... my Nano Kitty which I'm sure was going to be ruined another few days in my basement. (Cold type of wet with something else in it, probably battery acid) I am So lucky I got it when I did. Cleaned it out and removed the probably exploded batteries. It still works, I would miss it terribly now if it didn't work.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:21 PM ( #59 )

I'd be afraid to open him up. I don't think I have the ability to fix him nor the courage to try. I'm glad your Nano Kitty's okay.

SailorRosette

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:07 PM ( #60 )

Humm, ya. I was afraid to open up one of my tamas (I think it was one of my first v1s....) But I did it because it was beeping really loud like it was resetting... It was terrible to come home to. If it gets it to work again, would it be worth it? It would be better if you had an idea of what was wrong with it. Sometimes it may or may-not be worth opening if it doesn't work.... Most of the time I find it has a little bit of gunk or something inside, If I scrape it off.... Normally it fixes it for me. Like the lines on the inside (If you opened it, you would know what I mean) if they had something on them, I would rub it off gentally and look carefully at the screen area for anything.

You could always keep an eye open for an identical one. You may never know.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:38 PM ( #61 )

It might be worth it to try and get the little fart working again. I'll see if I can get up enough courage to give it a shot.

SailorRosette

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:06 AM ( #62 )

Take your time, don't rush in when you aren't ready... Have all your stuff you need. Lol. I changed the background in one of my musicstars. It was just a pink paper cut to size and turned the color of the background and lear screen... It was kinda funny when I sealed it back up to see it in a all pink room/area.

One could hope it was a simple fix. Careful of the sound wire on the back... That one isn't quite an easy fix if you don't have a solder.

Edited by SailorRosette, 18 June 2011 - 08:25 PM.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:42 PM ( #63 )

Thanks. I'll remember that. I'd hate for him not to be able to beep at me if he needs something. Of course I usually tend to his needs before he as to beep but better safe than sorry.

SailorRosette

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:23 PM ( #64 )

Yup. Usually I run the first generation of any tama with sound so I can figure out call times. Most of them however, its been a while since I first started them. I only play with my Tama-go and Music Stars with sound. (If any...)

I'm sorta hunting for a V-migo cat right now. I have a dog version... I'm not sure if I want another V-migo since my dog eats the batteries I put into it.... 3AAA at a time, for 3/4 days... without sound. I'm just hoping I will run into one at goodwill or something... I JUST got the V-migo dog a week before the V-migo cat came out. I was trying to wait for the Cat too... So I couldn't get another V-migo. (Since it wasn't be buying at the time, it looked the same too) It has a fairly nice greyscale screen though. Have you played with one?

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:22 AM ( #65 )

Unfortunately no. This is the first I'm hearing of V-migo pets. I'd love to have the dog.

Also, I've decided against buying non dog VPets again. Mainly because I already gave away all of my nondog Vpets and I don't want to try to rebuild the collection. Also Dog VPets really are my favorite, so while the occasional NonDog VPet interests me I don't really need them. I still want to try to fix grimlock though.

SailorRosette

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:31 PM ( #66 )

Really? That has been out forever it seems. (Like 5 years...maybe?) They had one that had a connector into the TV. I didn't get that but it did look interesting. I really wish I waited on it too, because the price lowered when the cats came out too... Atleast here they did.

I know all my pets are here to stay. My Japanese ones came to me EMS, not to mention a careful packing which I paid extra for.... Those are my favorite and if people touch them... Oh do I get mad. (My Precure Commune toys) I am working on collecting all of the main stuff. I'm behind by a few now because I didn't fork over $100 a pop, without shipping for a few. I think the person offered standard airmail with no tracking... I mainly buy those and Tamagotchi now.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:52 PM ( #67 )

I know I kind of wish I'd kept all mine. That proves you're smarter than me.
The problem is I say I want to stick to dog VPets only but every time a new VPet comes out dog or not I want it.
Take those Tandar things for example. I still want one. They sound amazing from all I've read about them. They even have a way of telling if you're in front of them. My only problem is that they have three touch sensors, one of them makes no sense to me. It's on the back of the head and from what I've read the things hate it when they're touched there. So why exactly did they program it to do that? What's the purpose of putting another sensor in if all it does is upset the critter? Is there anyone out there who will plunk down $50 for a VPet only to think "You know, this pet is great. If only there was some way I could torture it"? I'd think if you hated VPets enough that you'd want to annoy them you wouldn't be willing to pay $50 for one. Of course this may just be one of my hang ups. I don't even like scolding my Tamagotchis.

SailorRosette

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:09 AM ( #68 )

No, Not really... I just understand how much of value they were to me as a kid and now. I always had them put away for the most part. Now they are next to my bed in a tupperware/plastic container that is just about needing upgrading. (Size is getting small) and that isn't where my Precure Communes are... They have a kid sized backpack held up full of that stuff. I started another bag for those since one was ... huge.

People think of them as a really childish toy... (Some are, I admit) Like a 3-7 year old would play with them... Not really. They grab, look, and then put it down.... They are lucky they are younger, they don't get me angry... just weirded out they touched it...

Now, I havent really investgated the Tandars yet... But its reminding me of a pound puppy I still have... Walk by it, it barked/whined.... Why would they have a "mean" sensor? That is weird... Anything like the "Alive" pets? They have a wolf, Leopard/Jagaur (or something) and a lion cub. I've seen a few of those in action. I wanted one but last I knew those weren't cheap either. I'm not big on scolding my Tamagotchi either. I mean, if I have to, I will but.... I don't feel good about it.