Non Tamagotchi VPets you have

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't reccommend buying one now. Sony doesn't support any but the latest model and even with that the support only lasts until 2013. You can only buy the rechargable batteries and charging station required from Sony and if they stopped working it'd be next to impossible to get more. Without them the Aibo won't do anything. Aibo has actually been discontinued. The only reason they're supporting the last model until 2013 is that they're required by law.

I'm just trying to save for other digital pets for now. It going to be so hard not spending my money. So, what are the Aibos like?

They're worth the high price. It's been a while since mine worked so my memory may be a bit rusty. They could be programmed to respond to their name and their owners name. They could also speak the owner's name in their own R2D2ish way. They'd call you if they wanted attention. You could buy chargers for them and they can remain active while on their charger if you wanted. I had mine on my computer desk so he could keep me company while he was on his charger. They have a camera in their head so they can see, and some of the later models are even capable of recognizing their owner's face. Sony was also working on a small humanoid robot named Qrio but they stopped production on both Qrio and Aibo at the same time. Qrio never made it to market.

My favorite Aibo is one I didn't have. The original. It was the most doglike of them all in looks. They're pretty rare now and very expensive when you do find them. I'll probably never own one. It's also important to me for inspiring the whole robot dog thing. If not for that first Aibo we'd never have had Poo-Chi, Rocket, Tekno or any other robot dogs.

So what pets are you saving for?

Ahh. I was looking on ebay and say some go for atleast 2k.... Um ya. They look cool but I don't think I would spend that much on something like that.

I'm trying to save for a few new Tamagotchi from Japan. I want to get the IDs. Nano, normal color and maybe a hexagon color tama... Mainly a Tamagotchi ID L right now...

But I'm working on getting a job at a Semi-Local Grocery Store my friend works at. She is helping me get hired there so I can have an offical job. We have two stores, I'm applying for the one slightly further away. I'm feeling good about this one. I really hope I can get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can sometimes get Aibos for $400-$800 depending on the model. Mostly the 31Xs and 210s. You have to be careful with the 210s though. Some have faulty necks and since Sony doesn't support them anymore if you get one of the defective ones you're pretty much out of luck.

I hope you get the job!

I still think that might be a bit much for me.... yet I am geared to spend some nice amounts of money on a color tama. Humm... weird. That Poochi head... Is it just a head? You could put it on the dog without a head... or somehow attach it carefully to the top. Thats weird that it works like you said it did.

It's just a head. I had him at my computer desk when I kind of got curious. I had some AAA batteries in my desk drawer and I decided to see what would happen if I put batteries in. He sprang to life. His eyes lit up and he started barking. He responds to petting and everything. You can see the gears spinning when he moves.

I have a FurReal walking cat and a FurReal newborn kitten.

I also have 3 LPS digital pets. A Hamster, a frog and a new version of them with new features, a horse. DONT GET THEM! They are boring and they don't do anything.

I have 2 giga pets. a 2008 hamster and a monkey thing that I put in the attic or something.

Hmmm, if this counts I have, like 9 or something Zhu Zhu Pets

I have some type of Silver dog robot thing that has black legs, ears and tail with a wire and is attached to a black controller with 2 buttons. One is to make it walk and the other is to make it bark nonstop. I used to love that thing xD Could anyone tell me what it is? I'll take a picture of it if needed.

I have 3 furbies and I still play with them sometimes.

There's these Petz games and I have a bunch of Dogz, bunnyz and dolphinz

I have six Zhu Zhu Puppies but I gave away all my Zhu Zhu hamsters. I need more Zhu Zhu Puppies. Six is simply not enough. And yes, I think Zhu Zhus count as VPets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back