Non Tamagotchi VPets you have

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the "Special Edition" re-release of the original Lion King was out I think they came out... Heck. I can't remember though... it could have been out when Lion King Simba's Pride came out....... Probably more likely. Ya, we did have a Disney Store... Closed with most in the USA when someone didn't like how most were being ran. Blah blah blah.... We still have one about an hour away though... hehehe. I think.................... Last I checked.

BTW, This is the Simba I'm talking about... SimbaLink

Which Furby Version? Original or Hey Furby?

I think I saw a Pluto Micropet like thing... Doesn't look like much fun to me... Figure not much different from the Simba one.

I have a few digital pets that could be retired from play... I try to be careful with them... Considering one is my original P2 tama and My Giga Kitty, Yellow Triangle too, and my Dalmation giga.

This is the Simba that has been hiding for a while now... MyMissingSimba I have a few of those plush on the site too. Not mine, but had the best picture I saw of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Original Furby. The site was called The Fabulous Furby and Poo-Chi fan page. Sadly it's now defunct.

I'd probably buy the Pluto just because it's an electronic dog.

I wish I still had my Nano Puppy. I really loved that little guy.

I hope you find your Simba! It can be annoying when you're looking for something and can't find it. I know. I wish I had my Tamas.

Which NAno Puppy did you have? Was it more of an oval (version1) or was it more of a rectangle (version2) I have a Nano Kitty that I love to death. (v1) For the longest time I didn't think it worked because of how the batteries go into it. (Backwards....) and I didn't put them in correctly. But it still works... I think part of that though was for a while it was put away in a poor location and had a little something in the screen area. What I don't know, but I got it out. I wanted to get a Nano Puppy too, one of the Duel Cat & Dog pairs that came out with the version two sets. Ended up with my Nano Pony instead...

What about the Talking Nano Dog/Puppy? Did you ever think about getting that? They are pretty fun to play with. (I have a Cat/Kitty) It still works, I might want new batteries for it though, or better ones. I know they are getting so expencive now though... I was trying to land another Talking Nano (any one I could find, maybe a different color kitty) Then I was like, I might as well try to save for a Tama-Color.... Since I don't have one yet. My cat has a girl voice, it still sounds weird to me each time I do have it on. Last time I tried to play with it, it reset on me a half hour in of play. But I guess the last time it was on was a test run. Stork still delivers, so I guess I'm okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't really remember the shape, only that it was pinkish in color. It might have been oval.

I've never had any of the talking Nano Pets. There's a review of the talking Nano puppy on the Virtual Pets home page. From what I've seen and read I probably wouldn't like it. From the review it doesn't seem like it's very doglike. The ears are painted on the sides of the screen so basically it's just a face. At least the Nano and Giga puppies looked an acted like dogs.

It's funny though. You don't really see any dog Vpets that talk. The only one I can think of was Dog.com a fairly expensive robot dog from Tomy. I miss my Dog.com. Usually I prefer my robot dogs to just bark and make dog noises but Dog.com had quite a personality on him. He was pretty cool.

Seriously, my Digimon collection alone would be too much to list. But I'll try anyway. This is what I know that I have other than Tamas.

Giga Pets

-Floppy Frog

-Star Wars R2-D2

-Star Wars Yoda

-Men in Black Giga Fighter

-WCW / nWo Giga Fighter

-Mortal Kombat Trilogy Giga Fighter

*These are from the original Giga Pets series

-Scorpion

-Dragon Lizard

*These are from the newer Giga Pets series which featured infrared communication similar to the Tamagotchi Connections

Digimon (Organized by season where applicable)

-D-Power US (Tamers)

-D-Ark Ultimate (Tamers)

*These two feature a card swiping function but do not actually have a card scanner

-D-Gather (Tamers)

*Bandai Asia only release which is the Tamers equilavent of the D-Terminal and features a semi virtual pet like partner mode

-D-Scanner 2.0 (Frontier)

*Bandai Japan release which scans barcodes

-Pendulum Progress 1.0 (Frontier)

*An updated version of the Digimon Pendulum released along with the D-Scanner

-D-Spirit (Frontier)

*Bandai Asia only release which is the Frontier equilavent of the D-Terminal and features a quest mode

-D-Spirit 2

*Bandai Asia only database with a quest mode featuring v-pet like functions, based on the X Antibody / Chronicle characters

-Digimon Accel Evil Genome

*Bandai Japan v-pet release which features six touch sensors for a "DNA" scanning system

-Digivice iC 10x (Savers)

*Smaller, more compact version of the Digimon Accel which also introduces Tamagotchi Connection style item shops

-Digiwindow (Savers)

*Database and minigames, think of it as the Tamasuku to the iC's Entama / Uratama

-Digivice Data Link (Savers)

*US release of the Digivice iC which adds a quest mode and only evolves in battle

-Digivice Mega Burst (Savers)

*US release of the Digivice Burst which adds a quest mode and only evolves in battle

-Digimon Neo V1

*Bandai Asia releases which are quest based but shaped like the Pendulums, V1 is based on Adventure and V2 is based on Savers

-Digimon Xros Loader (Xros Wars)

*The first color screen Digivice which features team based battles between teams of up to 13 Digimon each, which certain combinations can combine into larger Digimon for a massive attack. Also features a microphone for sound input to unlock more Digimon and an SD card slot for playing music and additional quests and Digimon via "Code Crowns"

Other Stuff

-Daikaiju Battlenizer

*This is a pet featuring Ultraman monsters, released by Bandai Japan, which has three screens and a card scanner

-Astro Digizord

-Galaxy Digizord

-Defender Digizord

*These three were released for the Power Rangers in Space and Lost Galaxy toylines in the US

-Pokemon Cyber Pokeball

-Pokemon Cyber Pokedex

*These are two Bandai Europe releases that can be connected to each other, released during the GBA era / Generation 3

-Dino-Chi

*I'm pretty sure robodog knows this, but this is a t-rex version of the Poo-Chi robot

-Reality Fighters Boxing and Kickboxing

*Released by MGA, there was also a WWF version of this pet

If it was more of a reddish pink, it was a v2, if it was ore of a purple-pink... it was a v1.

I really enjoyed my Talking Nano Kitty as a kid. But now it seems kinda funny to carry around. Since the size isn't so small, (Tama-Go sized) then with it talking, its akward if the sound is on. Now I perfer a full body pet, not just a head. It would probably be better to buy something else unless you know you'd like it...

I know my Neice had a RoBo-Dog... I Mi-o or something.... I'm not sure what it was, but I wanted one too. I remember her telling me it talked... but I'm not sure. I think she still has it but the batteries inside are dead. It reminds me of a Tyko Dog but bigger, girlier, and a bit more bulky... with random colored ears. Like Pink/Purple or Blue... I could probably find it.

Now I see all those Digimon stuff... I want it! I have a few myself... I love those suckers.

2 d-3, 1st release and second American

1 season 3 American

1 season 4 American

1 Season 5, Japanese, 1st release.

Then a crap load of Digimon stuff... Not interactive.

Some Data Squad game too though... Sorta interactive.

It might have been a Mio Pup your niece had. I'm not all that familiar with them though. I once saw someone trying to sell one online for $100.

I knew it was Mio something... Dur. But it didn't seem to do much but be loud. It was one of the things she had to have though. I think it was like $44 in stores... I never really played with it to know all it did. I would wait to see them go lower if you got interested in them...

I don't think they sell them anymore. The $100 price seems to be someone who thought what they had was more valuable than it really was. I've also seen people trying to sell Poo-Chis and Furbys for the same price. If I came across one at a decent price though I'd probably buy it.

Oh, they don't sell Mio Pups anymore. They are a few years old now. If you went into a collectibles store, sometimes an antique store... They have old toys. I have one that time to time I'll find stuff I like, rarely anything virtual/digital though. I rarely go to that one store though.

I still want to get a Furby Baby. I never got one since I had two Furbys already. I almost bought one a while ago but figured it wasn't repairable by my hands... That and it was dirty. No 2nd hand dirty plush for me. I wash em anyway, but still. I bought two because I gave one to a friend and missed having it, the other... I had to make a choice of one or the other.

I never buy plush at yard sales for that very reason. Most yard sale plush are dirty and you have no idea where they've been.

Furby babies are OK but I've never been crazy about the voices they have. I don't really like the fact they refer to you as mommy or daddy either. But that's just me. A lot of people really like them.

I wanted one just to have one... I liked they were smaller then the normal ones. Its rare for me to buy anything used with fabric in/on it.

BTW, I got my Tama-Angel! I fixed it up too! The paper background WAS the crack. I cleaned on the inside a bit now it works 100% perfect. All I need to do now is paint the wings.

I'm wondering if I should get one of those ZhuZhu virtual pet things now... They went to clearance here for like $5, they used to be $20 I think... I doubt I will do that but I haven't really played with one yet.

I don't know if I could resist if I ever found a FurReal Friends dog at a yard sale. Though I probably wouldn't be able to enjoy it for wondering what might be on it. I think I'd rather stumble across a Poo-Chi or IDog. No fabric there.

It's great that you were able to fix the Tama angel. I'd have no idea how to go about fixing a Tama.

I just can't picture the Zhu Zhu VPet being very good. It might be worth checking out for $5 but I doubt it. Sadly, if they ever made a Zhu Zhu Puppies version I'd have to bite even at full price. Gotta get every dog VPet I can after all.

Well, if you found a FurReal Dog at a garage sale... I would get some bleach for colors. I think we have simply green too. That works well, I think that is what its called now. They both work pretty well. I put a bit on a paper towel or older towel you don't use anymore... then pet it with it.

I am going to try to wait a bit longer for the ZhuZhu pet thing... I like Hamsters, but cannot have one because of my cat. ETC. I doubt I will get it though. If I haven't seen someone play with it, I wouldn't get it. That and I'm sure it uses the triple As I need for my tama-gos...

Thanks for the advice. It may come in handy if I ever do find a secondhand FurReal dog.

Yeah having a cat pretty much ensures you can't have any rodent pets. I once saw one of our cats tossing some kind of mouse in the air and pouncing on it when it landed. I'd hate to have that happen to one of the pet rats I had back in the 90s.

I get what you say about not buying the Zhu Zhu Vpet until you see someone else play with it. No sense wasting money on something you may end up hating.

No prob. I haven't used the Bleach for colors myself, but my mom has. She said if I come home with another used plush to use it.... Perferb in the washer.... Which I won't be doing because then I have to put it in multiple pillow cases rubber band... so the plush doesn't loose shape. Most of the time I would say they are electronic too... The Green stuff I have works good though, smells like apples.

I couldn't have a mouse of any sort because of my parents... hehehe. I think I found a baby snake once too. I let them go once I played with them for a little bit. I was young, they were interesting. Nobody knew of me playing with 'em. Of corse I hand washed my hands like crazy after messing with them.

I think the only good point I know of so far about them... Is that the pink one has a game simmilar to DanceDance Revolution with hand controls on it. It one of my favorite games. I do have a Muchiz Bratz toy with a dance game on it, I rarely play that though.... I got it for $3, new in package, color screen... clearance. I figured it was worth a laugh or two. I'm not, nor was I, into the Bratz dolls...etc.

I'm not very good at DDR type games. Usually if a game introduces that style of play at some point I can't get past it.

For $3 I don't blame you for buying it. $3 won't even buy a decent meal at Burger King. If you can find something that may provide a little entertainment for $3 I say go for it.

That Bratz toy was weird cause part of the clear part is buttons too. Took me the longest time to figure out it went to the dance game. I figure the cat and dog muchiz have the same button part on them. I think those have been going fairly cheap online. Not that fun though. I knew someone with a cat one. I know the site is gone now though.

So was there a Bratz dog VPet? Much as I hate Bratz if there was a dog VPet in the line I'd have to bite. I can't resist dog VPets no matter the line. If there was a Barbie dog VPet I'd go for it.

I think there was a Barbie one YEARS ago... But it was pratically the same as a Giga Dog... The purple one... I remember someone having one and they told me it was barbie. There was a cat, why not a dog. Now the Bratz thing was one of the bratz girls... They dont have pets in them either.

I know some of the newer versions on the Giga pets had two dogs... Well one was a normal looking dog and one I think was the puff ball... They have a School fature on them for during the day or work. They get sick more often then other pets. I had a fairy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back